• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

Implemented We need to stop the reply bumping and new thread creation bumping (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We really need to stop two things which are getting out of control.

This is for the EverQuest Krono forums
  • Replying to a thread should not bump the thread any longer
    • This is happening a ton right now. Sellers are asking people to reply bump their threads, or working with other sellers to reply bump each other threads. This is bypassing the internal bump timer.
  • You should not be able to delete your thread and create a new one to bypass the bump timer

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Same could be said for those replying to DK's thread to give him FREE Front Page bumps... (funny thing is NOTE that there is NO RATING / NO FEEDBACK paid to this individual for his business with DK neither LOL)... I'm just saying folks! (and trust me there are MANY others as well like this one example)

It would be nice if we could LITERALLY only be allowed 3 bumps PER DAY PER PERSON that's it to bump your thread whether on the direct item thread page or the What's New page !... the run around with the reply bumps and whatnot are just being abused...

p.s.-- this is not a knock at DK, but he gets A LOT of these... and for those of us who are using our 3 bumps only get to get bumped by someone who "claims" to do a transaction with DK, then not receive feedback is CRAZY to me!

Last edited:
Same could be said for those replying to DK's thread to give him FREE Front Page bumps... (funny thing is NOTE that there is NO RATING / NO FEEDBACK paid to this individual for his business with DK neither LOL)... I'm just saying folks!

It would be nice if we could LITERALLY only be allowed 3 bumps PER DAY PER PERSON that's it to bump your thread whether on the direct item thread page or the What's New page !... the run around with the reply bumps and whatnot are just being abused...
The bump system does not allow for a thread to be moved up or down the forum. There is no added value to having your thread commented on.

The account I referenced above is brand new via the date, that is why I referenced it.
The customer who you are blasting in a public forum is an account from 2015, and probably would not appreciate you doing so.

I suggest you tuck your emotions in and think further on how your actions can affect those around you.

The bump system does not allow for a thread to be moved up or down the forum. There is no added value to having your thread commented on.

The account I referenced above is brand via the date, that is why I referenced it.
The customer who you are blasting in a public forum is an account from 2015, and probably would not appreciate you doing so.

I suggest you tuck your emotions in and think further on how your actions can affect those around you.
Lol DK first off, never blasted him, but yes it was necessary to show an example. If anything, why didn't you leave that 2015 account any feedback. Again, it does change the order EVERYONE can see it. And my emotions aren't involved here. It's fact.

Literally just happened again with Drognirs reply ; case and point, new replies shouldn't give FREE bumps on actual NEW posts or newly bumped (3) posts
Screenshot_20220502-210749_Chrome.jpg

Literally just happened again with Drognirs reply

I hope you understand that I only posted on Diamond Krono's thread because you're in here whining about an issue that has a) already been discussed at length, and b) that RedBot has already considered and implemented a change that addressed the issue (hence the "Implemented - " prefix. Diamond has no unfair advantage here. You are welcome to make sales so that forum members have a reason to reply to your posts, too. I am honestly surprised that RedBot didn't lock this thread after deliberation and implementation of the new forum behavior. I see that you follow Diamond's lead in other ways: a nice spinning avatar, very similar thread title, both wording and using icons to separate the sections, colored text...but one thing you can't copy is "#1 RANKED SELLER," and I think that's got you looking for solutions to problems that don't exist. I know being #1 means you catch heat, but damn. Let the man run a business!

Also, where is teh paladin guild?

Lol. Drognirs. Yeah, made some changes. I enjoy the learning, but I'll make a proper suggestion about it tomorrow and link the evidence to THIS issue, not the one that this thread originally addressed here. If you don't understand the difference, I can't help you out. Giod night bud.

Lol. Drognirs. Yeah, made some changes. I enjoy the learning, but I'll make a proper suggestion about it tomorrow and link the evidence to THIS issue, not the one that this thread originally addressed here. If you don't understand the difference, I can't help you out. Giod night bud.
If it doesn't pertain to this thread, why did you ever respond here? Seems like you're on the right path though. I look forward to seeing your suggestion on how we can further reduce the functionality of the forum so that Diamond Krono can make less sales.

not to sound like a TOTAL noob, but what is a "bump". I'm guessing it's somehow moving your older post to the top of the list. But not sure how to bump something or use 1 of the 3 that i guess we get???

Any info would be appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back