• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

Implemented We need to stop the reply bumping and new thread creation bumping (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
1054   0   1
We really need to stop two things which are getting out of control.

This is for the EverQuest Krono forums
  • Replying to a thread should not bump the thread any longer
    • This is happening a ton right now. Sellers are asking people to reply bump their threads, or working with other sellers to reply bump each other threads. This is bypassing the internal bump timer.
  • You should not be able to delete your thread and create a new one to bypass the bump timer

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Remove all thread comment bumps entirely. Everyone gets x amount of bumps a day the same as it is now, but add a monthly ducat purchase where it allots +2/3 bumps a day.

1. Helps support the staff ( as kronolevel asked for )
2. Small sellers still have power and equality ( as Klesko asked for )
3. Bigger sellers can bump a couple more times but are still restricted within fair bounds
4. Site is unable to be abused in any way, and thus no need to moderate it and listen to me jaw on about stupid shit. 🤣😂😌😇

As for paid bumps, do you guys prefer automatic or manual?

We have auto-bumpers right now, which will bump your thread once per day for 7 days. I can increase that rate up to once per hour.

Or would you prefer to pay for more manual, in-thread bumps?

As for paid bumps, do you guys prefer automatic or manual?

We have auto-bumpers right now, which will bump your thread once per day for 7 days. I can increase that rate up to once per hour.

Or would you prefer to pay for more manual, in-thread bumps?

I think additional of manual bumps work better as you can do them around times you are not going to be around.

uyytt.jpg

I do like the idea of a monthly purchase for more manual bumps. Helps support the website and devs keeping it functional for us. 👍

removing ability to comment on your own post I do agree with aswell but possibly adding a reply in dms option for the seller on any comments if people ask questions in comments. the reply button instead of posting to comments would go straight to an open dm between the commenter and the seller.

Not sure where we are on this but I am all for replies not bumping threads. I am also fine with new threads being bound by the bump timer. What I noticed was that whenever someone would bump their thread, suddenly the same 5 or 6 would be above them. Then it would happen again with the next person. I was wondering how people were bumping so often.

@Redbot I think most of us agreed that, just wanted to check we were on the same page
  • Krono fourms would be changed to default sort of bumped (Redbots prior post) this eliminates reply bumping
  • Extra bumps will be available for people to buy in the Ducats shop. Like buy 2 extra bumps per day, last 30 days packs. Up to like 6 total extra per day for those bigger krono sellers

Agreed on the manual bumps. Any chance we get a bumps remaining counter in the bump button?
Yup, working on it!

Ok. Based on discussion, I'm going to post a poll to see if users would prefer a "sort by bumped thread" default, with the option to buy more bumps.

Last edited:
I don't understand the "sort by bump thread" Do you mean that there would be a button persay that would sort everyone by who bumped in what order? And if its sort by bumped, why would every customer not use that, it basically would list who is active. Which is the way it is now, with nothing wrong with it. Nobody is abusing bumps in a way that others can't also do. All requests I am seeing for a change in regards to this issue don't even sell frequently enough to run out of bumps.

Who does this negatively affect? Sellers who sell krono and devote their time to it. As I see it now, everyone has a level playing field. It just makes sense. Even if the case was that being on more often means you can bump more, what's the issue with that exactly? Someone who puts more time and effort in can't bump as much as someone who doesn't use the site as frequently.

Question: What is the default listing order without a "sort by bump button"?

Who here is complaining? The guy who posts once every month above?

Who benefits from this change? And at what cost? I have not seen it.
This change also results in affecting more available sellers negatively.

Last edited:
I posted an example of the "bump" sort order earlier in this thread. It's active now and has been for months, users just need to select it as their sort order within a forum.

Last edited:
We will not be charging for bumps. Everyone will have the same amount, with a few more for premium users.

Last edited:
If the price and amount of bumps are unknown, how do we vote on the right move for the site?

If the bumps are to cheap, everyone buys them and we are in the same position as we were before.

Bumps are fundamentally different from replies, in that one causes spam and the other doesn't. Look at our RSS feeds or discord channels for examples.

Lemme make sure I'm comprehending. Members of the site are upset that you can 'bump' a post by responding to the thread... even though this is something that everyone has the ability to do? As a result, we're now voting on whether or not we should have to purchase additional 'bumps' via ducats? So, to be clear, the way the site is currently set up is such that any seller can respond to a thread to 'bump' it, and this is something any of us are capable of doing. And now we're voting to switch to a 'pay-to-play' method which will likely serve to make it even more difficult for smaller sellers to compete with bigger sellers. Now, one of these methods sounds fair while the other method doesn't. I believe it was asked what the extra 'bumps' would cost and, at this time, the figure is unknown 🧐

If people don't realize they're voting to restrict their own ability to compete with top sellers then y'all deserve what we get. And I say we b/c I'm a new account with low feedback. The only way for me to compete with the more veteran sellers is by being near the top of the list. Making it pay-to-play only exacerbates the problem, imo. Not only do I not move as many Krono as the top dawgs but now I'm going to have to pay to simply compete? B/c you know they're going to buy any and all extra bumps they can.

question.
I dont do a lot of price advertising on the original thread to try and keep the post as clean as possible.. so very few replies. I do however modify the post fropm time to time to update sold or no longer available items. can any of the options make a modified post get a natural bump with no spam?

As it stands right nw when I do modify my for sale items. I do a bump and modify the header to show its been updated.

thoughts?

I voted no for this change. Personally I like the system as it is and not pay to win system. Let's everyone compete if you got time to crush out the bumps do, if you don't don't. Personally I do I'm retired young and sit at home all day anyway and sell shit on eq. If you all wanna vote yes you can but idk if too many people will enjoy paying out of pocket. My 2cp

One additional benefit is it would keep sellers who work very closely together from constantly bumping one another's threads, a nice trick to get around the "no replies to your own thread" feature we have in place, but not really fair to those who work solo.

If the vote fails, we'll find another solution to the exploit.

Last edited:
I'm not sure yet. The goal is to give people who sell solo the same stage as those who belong to larger organizations, how we do it is a community decision.

I've removed all mention of the ability to "buy more bumps", as it's confusing this poll. New ducat shop items will not be added if this vote passes. If they're ever added, it will have to be by demand and we'll split it into another poll.

Repeat: there will be no new items to purchase more bumps with this vote.

It wasn't my idea anyway.

Last edited:
I voted for only bumps. OnlyBumps. Thank you for taking the ability to buy more bumps out of this.
My Krono thread is locked to keep it clean and funnel people into sending me messages if they want to deal. If people were to reply then may give a false indication that I'm available when I'm asleep.

my biggest issue is the new thread bumps show the older posts on the thread as current ,
Good eye - That's been happening for quite some time. I did not notice any downside to it, so I did not fill out a bug report.
Do you notice anything that is affected by this negatively?
👍

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back