• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

Implemented We need to stop the reply bumping and new thread creation bumping (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
1054   0   1
We really need to stop two things which are getting out of control.

This is for the EverQuest Krono forums
  • Replying to a thread should not bump the thread any longer
    • This is happening a ton right now. Sellers are asking people to reply bump their threads, or working with other sellers to reply bump each other threads. This is bypassing the internal bump timer.
  • You should not be able to delete your thread and create a new one to bypass the bump timer

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Lol I was just teasing you. I hoped you'd tell me you were 88 years old or something!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220117-231303-293.png
    Screenshot_20220117-231303-293.png
    94.1 KB · Views: 70
I've been here a short time, and already learned a lot about the site.

The function is set in place for a reason, it works great and can be very helpful in rotating.
You also probably didn't know, but there is a limit to it just like anything else, something like a one week lockout.

I see you bumping your own posts all the time.
I also see that you recently purchased a few things to make yourself stand out, good work.

But simply put, because you are "tightening things up" others should not suffer to your wants.
The site works great the way it is in my humble opinion.

EDIT: Also, there is an internal bump timer to post on others threads as well, I just now tested it myself.

No offense but you and a few others are one of the worst offenders of this. You defending it was not unexpected. Others started doing this to combat you and those others who are doing it.

You don't need to get upset. Your speaking on behalf of "Others combating me" for learning how to bump my threads from watching you?
I literally looked at the top sellers to learn how to be good at it, and saw you and others bumping their threads, then did it myself.

Now that I bumped my thread your calling me out? I don't think this is the way to treat new sellers here.

I did one reply bump yesterday, you have been doing it for weeks.

So lets agree lets stop doing it.

Agreed?

I would recommend just putting in a suggestion and let Redbot/Teichou make a vote or something. No need to berate the new members of the site for working within the guidelines. They are new, they may not know things that you've learned from being "The oldest seller" ;) Ultimately the best thing they can do is learn quickly from watching us, we should set a good example.

If you have a suggestion to alter the site, rather than push for someone not to do what you are doing ( whether its more frequent or not ) calling out new members who may not know better is probably not appropriate behavior.

Just a suggestion.

I would recommend just putting in a suggestion and let redbot make a vote or something. No need to berate the new members of the site for working within the guidelines. They are new, may not know things that you've learned from being "The oldest seller" ;) Ultimately the best thing they can do is learn quickly from watching us, We should set a good example.

If you have a suggestion to alter the site, rather than push for someone not to do what you are doing ( whether its more frequent or not ) calling out new members who may not know better is probably not appropriate behavior.

Just a suggestion.

This is the suggestion thread.

Replies not bumping threads should be a forum option for them so relative easy change.
Deleting old Sales threads and Making new Sales threads to bypass the bump timer would just be a warning, suspension thing.

Right on -

There is already a timer for making new threads, it is similar to the bump timer. You currently cannot spam delete posts and repost without hitting a barrier.
I would add that asking mods to spend man hours policing people when there is a perfectly reasonable timer on it already seems to aggressive.

Also note that if you delete your thread you lose advertising feedback, which imo is a loss for the seller. Many sellers read them and make a decision on who they should purchase from.

------

To make a change of this magnitude, you must think hard about all possibilities that may occur. This would require trial and error. For instance:

You cannot reprimand someone who deletes a post and reposts. Some sellers will delete their post before bed then repost in the morning.
If they ended up even attempting to police it they would have to determine where the line is drawn between posts.

Over even worse,

Imagine you delete your post to leave the house, then realize you can't leave because your car won't start. You then repost. Here comes Klesko to ban you.
Not good imo. The timer system is an unbias robot and imo works fine.

Right on -

There is already a timer for making new threads, it is similar to the bump timer. You currently cannot spam delete posts and repost without hitting a barrier.
I would add that asking mods to spend man hours policing people when there is a perfectly reasonable timer on it already seems to aggressive.

Also note that if you delete your thread you lose advertising feedback, which imo is a loss for the seller. Many sellers read them and make a decision on who they should purchase from.

------

To make a change of this magnitude, you must think hard about all possibilities that may occur. This would require trial and error. For instance:

You cannot reprimand someone who deletes a post and reposts. Some sellers will delete their post before bed then repost in the morning.
If they ended up even attempting to police it they would have to determine where the line is drawn between posts.

Over even worse,

Imagine you delete your post to leave the house, then realize you can't leave because your car won't start. You then repost. Here comes Klesko to ban you.
Not good imo. The timer system is an unbias robot and imo works fine.

So you agree on the the first part atleast correct?

Replying to a thread should not bump the thread any longer

The second part is really a question for the mods. Is there a way to prevent new thread creation in specific forums based on the users bump timer? Meaning the person cannot make a new thread in that forum in their bump timer is not up.

As an outsider in the krono selling business I noticed this and found it funny and odd. I don't know what the timer to repost is but obviously it's lenient if people are deleting and reposting the same exact post every day. Obviously it seems it is being done to put their post up at the top. But what can be done and what should be done. I don't know. I just think it's funny everyone is competing to be at the top. Makes me glad I'm not in that market lol.

What is the limit on reposting because I have had a post go into the wrong section because of the title and it let me delete and repost the same thing 3 or 4 times within 10 minutes. So unless it's a brand new feature... obviously its way too lenient.

FYI i don't think anyone should be deleting your post just because you go to bed or leave the house for 5 minutes. That seems quite unnecessary and more of an excuse than anything else lol. Unless the person in this example legit deletes their post every time they go to sleep. But I think this discussion is about people clearly deleting and reposting their post just to put it at the top.

There are many ways someone can justify deleting their posts. I do it for instance.
If I am gone on vacation, I DO NOT leave my post up.

1. I do not want disgruntled customers who cannot reach me.
2. I want all customers to get their krono the quickest. Should they msg me then wait 30 minutes and then message Klesko for his, now the customer has lost 30 minutes time because my post was left up, rather than to get business over to Klesko in a timely manner.

-----------------------------

Different people will come up with different justifications for how to do business here on EC Tunnel. The least restrictions with the least abuse is important. However, the least restrictions takes president over abuse imo.

Also note:

Ctalbus "it let me delete and repost the same thing 3 or 4 times within 10 minutes" "obviously its way too lenient."

That is because it has a weekly timer. If it was daily than someone could make two mistakes then could not repost the entire day. Elongating the span counters human error.
It is something like 8-10 posts a week. IF someone abused it, they could delete repost their post for a day a bunch of times, then be locked out from any new posts for an entire week.

I just want to see the logs for all these people who delete their posts just to repost 5min later.

Reason for deleting: do you leave this blank or do you put some fake reason or the real reason?

I am on board with you about fixing the site, but it can't be done this way. This will fix problems from one perspective, only to ostracize and restrict others from trading within their time frames.

I thought normal people just edited their post to say offline or not available. Do people really delete their post before bed and repost it in the morning or delete their post while they go shopping? Is this a real thing? Being server specific I really don't have to worry about this. I can go a week without pumping my post and it's still near the top lol.

Haha for sure. Yes, plenty of people do for reasons I stated above. Nobody is "Normal" in 2022 - Hahahhaha
If your going a week without pumping your post and your still at the top, that should speak for how much "Abuse" is taking place.

Let me make it clear there are TWO request here.
  1. Replying to a thread should not bump the thread any longer
  2. You should not be able to delete your thread and create a new one to bypass the bump timer

I'm on board with the part about deleting and recreating a thread to bypass the bump timer - should not be allowed.

Sellers organizing with each other to coordinate pricing and/or bump each others threads - should not be allowed.

Buyers/potential buyers comments? No issues with these comments bumping, I believe they have a several day cool down before it will bump a second time. For the large number of unverified users, it is the only way of providing any feedback on services received.

"Buyers/potential buyers comments? No issues with these comments bumping," - Absolutely agree
"I'm on board with the part about deleting and recreating a thread to bypass the bump timer" - I agree as well, but how do you fix it?

It already has a weekly timer. Someone can only do this a set amount of times before they are locked out for a week ( From posting ANY new add btw )
This counters human error, but still stops anyone from abusing.

"I'm on board with the part about deleting and recreating a thread to bypass the bump timer" - I agree as well, but how do you fix it?

From a technical perspective? Tag the new/recreated thread with the last update/last bump time for the old/deleted thread. This should put any recreated threads into the last position they had on the thread list.

Just to be clear this is the biggest issue right now, many sellers are doing this

Replying to a thread should not bump the thread any longer

The thread delete and recreate is a smaller issue as only 1-2 sellers actively do this.

Ok so

1. Klesko
2. Diamond
3. tlpallday

I delete my post.

1. Klesko
2. Tlpallday
3. Newguy69

I decide to repost, with no bump

1. Klesko
2. Diamond
3. tlpallday
I don't have an issue with it hopping in ahead of Newguy69 in this example - presumably their thread didn't exist. If it's a big deal for the majority, put it one second/position behind the nearest thread. My assumption is you'd be bumping shortly if your thread is coming back online.

Just to be clear this is the biggest issue right now, many sellers are doing this

The thread delete and recreate is a smaller issue as only 1-2 sellers actively do this.
This isn't an issue - individual user comments have a long replay timer for actually bumping a thread. Do you have any concrete examples where this is being abused by a single user?

This isn't an issue - individual user comments have a long replay timer for actually bumping a thread. Do you have any concrete examples where this is being abused by a single user?

I really dont want to call out individual sellers here. I can provide support of this directly to the mods if need be.

Not an issue imo - I bump as well, but there is a counter with a 144 hour lockout to deter abuse already.

Unless its changed recently, if someone replies to your thread. The timer is reset. You then can reply to the thread making a new bump.

Example
SellerA, BuyerA

• BuyerA buys krono from SellerA
  • SellerA ask BuyerA to reply to their thread after the sale is complete
  • SellerA thread gets bumped
  • SellerA can now reply to that reply
  • SellerA thread gets bumped

A sales pitch causing a stir.. that’s “unheard of”. Lol.

There is nothing worth a change here. There are policies in place to combat new posts and limiting the amount already.

$10.. $9.90.. $9.80.. welcome to sales rivalries.

Luckily there is a search feature so people can pick and choose who they want to buy from ultimately.

#Marketing2022. Thank god EQ players have the patience of 7 year old kids who just want a reply and feel noticed.

#BUMP to the top

It makes no sense to remove the comment bump. It would seem like if others sell more than you you do not want them to get credibility.
If there are 100 traders, and 97 of them are only on once a week and don't delete their posts, then 3 of them who are active should move towards the top naturally as they are available.
Why dilute the top of the list with unavailable traders. Seems counter intuitive.

Can we at least agree that sellers should not reply to other sellers threads for the bump then?

There is nothing worth a change here. There are policies in place to combat new posts and limiting the amount already.

The bump rules in place are being bypassed by the two methods I am proposing changing. See above there is no reply bump limit except for when you reply to your own thread. You can make agreements with other sellers to "bump" their threads in return for them bumping yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back