• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

Live (normal server) Original Spell Effects!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I have tried the Titanium effects (not sure if it is the ones from Furinex) and they are very nice as well but are the spell effects v2.
This is actually the original ones (my favorite being the heals). There are a few spells that seem wrong (enc clr mage) but Ooozling is doing an awesome job and working to improve it at all times.
Despite this it is still worth it in my opinion, and I believe most if not all will be fixed ;)

The sky and model package are perfect.
Thank you for bringing back those spell effects !

Ooozling is a serious person, available and trustworthy.

Actually, RFTrader, you are wrong.
Go ahead and try to download their files and put them in your EQ live folder. You won't be seeing any spell effects at all.
It was a monotonous process fixing live, but alas =)

Are you continually updating the files? I emailed you about 2 spells that had wrong effects. You said you'd fix it and email me but I've not heard from you. Just wondering if you're continually improving the files.

Yes, although, there are some spells that are not fixable (sadly) like bind affinity. I will go back thru my old emails and check which spells you had the problems with, and if they are fixable I will update the files and send them to you. Thanks for your patience!

Are these adjustable with the standard graphics options in game? Ie, density/etc? I like the effects, but they can be a bit much. Iirc when I was playing with original effects, I was playing on "low" particles to make things visible.

does not have the levitate effect, my bad i've been very busy as of late but I'm back now!! feel free to PM as well

I emailed you now twice regarding certain effects being wrong. Clarity, Divine Light, and I believe Heroism are all the wrong spell effects.

@AutomateEverything Yes, they are adjustable.

How exactly do you get the model tool to work? I targeted my EQ directory with your program and clicked patch. No luck.

Last edited:
not to be a debbie downer or infringe on your busines.. but with 95% certainty i can help you get old spell effects for nothing. Now i understand wanting to make money but this is sooo easy to do and literally takes you googling it to make this work. Any questions just PM me, but you definitely shouldnt pay for something like this. Sorry OP

not to be a debbie downer or infringe on your busines.. but with 95% certainty i can help you get old spell effects for nothing. Now i understand wanting to make money but this is sooo easy to do and literally takes you googling it to make this work. Any questions just PM me, but you definitely shouldnt pay for something like this. Sorry OP

If you are referring to the process of deleting the spellsnew files, that does not come close to what OP is offering here.

it comes very close and for no fee... but to each his own.

Obviously, most people who want old spell effects already know of the simple deletion of the files. However, you lose out on the best part: particles streaming from the hands! This has that. Also, he's doing it by donation. You can't really complain. He's been busy but he always updates the file if you point out an error.

Swtech, I have sent you the files days ago. If you still haven't received them still shoot me an email at [email protected] and I will double check and resend you whatever brother. Sorry for the inconvenience. As far as the quality of the changes they are pretty much a mirror image of what you see on project 1999, with a few spells and spell lines that are unfixable (nothing drastic).

The effects are great but having to constantly contact Ooozling to fix the ones that are broken is getting extremely tedious. I appreciate that he moved this to donation but due to him being busy, updates are usually few and far between and generally end up with more broken spell effects. Seriously, Ooozling, let people in on how to do it so we can, as a community, create a damn good experience for people who love these effects. :(

I haven't had any luck getting the model tool to work. Not sure what I'm doing wrong or what to do differently. Added the new files in my directory, used his included patch tool, all with no luck. Emailed Oozling several days ago + requested help on here.. no response.

Fortunately, I recently found a thread on Reddit that points to P99 forums where the members explain how to modify & implement these spell files. It looks like it all boils down to trial/error/testing to get the spell files working as they once did. It's what Oozling did. Honestly, I am disappointed. I'm cutting my $10 as a loss and encouraging everyone else to not pay for or donate for these effects. Oozling is unable to provide any sort of support for his own files and it really just looks like he fumbled with the files a bit with hopes people would throw some $$ his way. Not exactly supportive of the community to hide information & charge for incomplete file mods.

I hate to admit it, but everyone who was bashing him for charging for this was absolutely correct. It might've been somewhat justifiable if everything worked even 50% as it should. According to people who purchased the spell particles, most of them are wrong. If he was actively trying to work to fix it, it again might be justifiable to donate.. but it's painfully apparent that he isn't going to provide any real support for this.

https://m.reddit.com/r/everquest/comments/4l09ld/classic_particle_effects_how/

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107787

Give these a read if you want more info on how modifying spell files is done.

Last edited:
I'm going to try my best with the information provided. If I succeed, it'd definitely be a free download. If anyone else attempts, please let me know how it's going. I've started a bit but I'll probably wait til the weekend to put some hours into it.

I'll be tinkering with the files in my spare time to see what kind of progress I can make. If I make any significant progress, I will share here.

The more information that can be provided to the community as a whole, the better for everyone.

Trying to get my files still... I sent the payment on 5/24, it is now the 28th with no response. I have both PM'd you and emailed you.

Payment sent via PP F&F on 5/24 @ 4AM

"I sent the $ last night" - PM @ Tuesday at 11AM

"It's been over 24 hours.. whats up?" - PM @ Wednesday at 4AM

"Paid almost 2 days ago now, waiting for files." Email @ Wednesday at 6PM

edit: Got the files on 3/28

Last edited:
PM'd you and waiting on a response...How is this product??

It is on a donate basis so I cannot be critical for it in that sense. However, there are many spells that do not have proper effects and Ooozling is, seemingly, extremely busy nowadays and does not update the files.

As i do not have a eq live script at the moment it is very hard for me to field test spells that may be improper. I WANT TO PLAY REALLY BAD THO !!!! and as soon as I have the time I am going back at this full swing. the files i've created still are nice and better than what you see and are still available. I will be checking on here at least twice daily now as well as paypal for those who are stil interested in the files. email me [email protected] for questions

PM'd but your inbox is full. I want a little more information before I just paypal you money haha.. Please say how soon you will deliver the files

If you can get the OLD MAGICIAN BOLT SPELL back, I'll happily pay. It looked like a PHOTON torpedo with a HUGE comet head and very long tail and particles dripping off the whole thing. Not the little weenie thing they have now. They didn't even bother with graphics for it for a long time, later. Now it just **cks. BIG FAT TORPEDO BOLT $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back