• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

Live (normal server) Original Spell Effects! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ooozling

Caveat Emptor: UNVERIFIED
Rating - 90.9%
10   1   0
Through much time and effort, I have completely redone the particle system to be as close to original eq as possible. There are some spells that I was unable to change without altering the appearance of another so it is not perfect but for the most part you will be getting those original spells that you know and love (much like what you see on project 1999). Purple mezzes that light up the entire screen, blue sparkles for heals and rezzes, green circular lifetaps etc. etc.

So if you are interested in donating for the modified files for this package let me know. It simply makes the progression experience 10x better and was worth every hour I invested to fix.

$25 spell package
$10 model tool (skeletons and spectres will appear classic) as shown in the pictures above.
$5 original sky art

I accept payment thru paypal friends and family. The address is [email protected]
Within the note leave a message detailing which part of the package you want as well as your email address in which you would like to receive your download.

Please read the entire thread if you have any other questions as most have been answered already. Thank you.

Last edited:
I'd like to see the spell effects in action.

Seconded.

EDIT: I'd also like to point out that many classic spells can be obtained by simply deleting a couple spell files. The biggest issue is the lack of particles streaming from the hands which is the big one. If your spell files do not do this, don't even bother. Furthermore, a list of which spells couldn't be changed would be nice.

Make a new text file on your desktop (right click somewhere on your Desktop, select New -> Text Document)
•The filename doesn't matter for now -- you'll rename it in a second
•Double click on the new file to edit it

•Copy and paste the following into the new file. Note: change the path (C:...) to be wherever everquest is installed on your system. Don't forget the quotes.

del "C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest\spellsnew.edd" del "C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest\spellsnew.eff" del "C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest\combattheme1.mp3" del "C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest\combattheme2.mp3" del "C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest\eqtheme.mp3" cd "C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest\" "C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest\eqgame.exe" patchme

•After pasting in the above, click File -> Save As.

•Enter the filename "eq_launcher.bat"

•Click the "Save as type" drop down menu and select "All Files".

•Click Save to save the file.

Have fun ! This works easy and isn´t worth $$ !!

Im going to get a few pics and videos up of what i have really done here. The method above did not cut it for me. What i have changed is far far better. I will try to get a list of spells that cannot be altered one for example bind affinity is linked to the rez line so it looks like blue sparkles instead of purple circles. Give me a half hour i will het this up to show you guys. I have the hands and everything working properly as well. Its awesome.

Thats same way, just click on the file after starting launcher - nothing more to do

Then you get the old SpellEffects like 1999

No dude, its not. I'll post a video to show you a few examples when I get home, its poor quality I apologize for that. Just deleting the spell file does not give you even close to what I've changed. Spell densities, individual particles, hand effects, all of that stuff has been tweaked too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYpegdedhbo&feature=youtu.be

Quality is terrible, I will get some hi res pictures up asap when I have the time If you would like to see. But you can get a basic understanding of smexy the original spells looked / are.

Sow / Mez / Heals all look brilliant too I will keep updating these to show you guys.

Last edited:
I'll defend Oozling on that. Deleting spell files isn't new and it doesn't revert the spells back to classic. Some aspects are, yes, but the big aspect - the hand particles - is absent.

EDIT: For the record, I think charging for it sorta sucks but hey... your life.

Along with all these spells affect changes I have some other goodies included in the package as well .I have a tool that alters the models of skeletons and spectres to their original classic state as well as the original Sky art resources. Installation is very simple and I will include a readme. The whole process should take no more than 2 minutes. Price will be $50 for the package but I am willing to work with you. Furthermore,i would like to request that anyone else that has anything negative to say to not be part of this thread as it is disrespectful to say the least. I would never come into someone else's sale thread and post something like " this is not worth the money"
Thank you for reading and im looking forward to doing business with you! Feel free to send me a pm if you have any questions comments or concerns.

Best,
Ooozling

Along with all these spells affect changes I have some other goodies included in the package as well .I have a tool that alters the models of skeletons and spectres to their original classic state as well as the original Sky art resources. Installation is very simple and I will include a readme. The whole process should take no more than 2 minutes. Price will be $50 for the package but I am willing to work with you. Furthermore,i would like to request that anyone else that has anything negative to say to not be part of this thread as it is disrespectful to say the least. I would never come into someone else's sale thread and post something like " this is not worth the money"
Thank you for reading and im looking forward to doing business with you! Feel free to send me a pm if you have any questions comments or concerns.

Best,
Ooozling

free bump i guess :)

You know how to alter skeletons to the old look? Why didn't you have that done for the video then?
Also charging for this is kind of silly when the way to do this is on the interwebs.

and when they patch the server does everyone just lose this?

You'd probably need to replace the spell files every time.

You know how to alter skeletons to the old look? Why didn't you have that done for the video then?
Also charging for this is kind of silly when the way to do this is on the interwebs.

If you can get the full spell particle package on the net, let me know.

skkele moodel.PNG
heres a pic of the skele model with lich form on

and once again, there is no way to do this on the web. U can delete the spells file from the eq folder but you are not getting much of a difference here. Ill show you examples of that, and what I've done when I have some spare time.

Heres a couple examples of a Buff, undead DD, and a heal

syfy.png
syfy2.png
syfy3.png

- - - Updated - - -

Everytime there is a new patch you run the launcher , close the game out and record the package into the equation folder simple as that. I am reducing the price to 25 usd as I think that is more fair. If you want the model tool that will be another 10 and the sky art 5. Let me know if you want to see specific spells more pics or videos. Really want others to enjoy this as much as I do because without it , I would not be playing on live servers.

Great pics Ooz, damn those classic models looked so cool. Why do we have this abomination now of effects and skins.

I'm under the impression you believe those pics are from back in the day ?? Those pics were taken by me on the progression server a day ago. It just enhances the game play so much. Not to mention being in a large raid force with 100 people lighting up the screen is simly brilliant.

I hate to say it, Ooozling, but charging for these won't work very effectively. What's to stop someone from paying for it, being a hero, and just letting everyone at it through Mega? or another sharing site? I mean, hey, it's your life but unless you somehow developed a failsafe, which I doubt, I can see these files hitting the net anyway. Probably best to just do all us classic lovers an awesome favor and release em.

Im not worried about someone buying the package and releasing it on the net. I doubt someone with positive feedback over here who actually purchases this would feel the need to screw me over. It hasn't happened so far has it ?? ��...
If anyone can help me set up a small page dedicated to my project with a donation button pm me ... i would like to group more programmers and gamers that are interested in modding everquest live. A lot can be done fairly easily. I have a great start here.

Sale still active for the record.

Im not worried about someone buying the package and releasing it on the net. I doubt someone with positive feedback over here who actually purchases this would feel the need to screw me over. It hasn't happened so far has it ?? ��...
If anyone can help me set up a small page dedicated to my project with a donation button pm me ... i would like to group more programmers and gamers that are interested in modding everquest live. A lot can be done fairly easily. I have a great start here.

Sale still active for the record.
Let's talk :)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

no need to wait till the page is setup by the way guys. i am still selling the package as is until further notice.also , not sure how long or if im even going to be setting up the site anytime soon but it is a definite probability. Pm me if you want the files.

Dam, I want this Ooozling. Sending you a PM. Very interested in buying, and if its legit after trying it out. I will vouch for you. I am a classic nut. No reason to hate the guy, I respect trying to make a buck or two anyway you can in todays economy.

So 25 for the spell effects and the models? Cause I love the old skeleton/spectre. Wasnt sure what you meant by model tool unless you mean allowing people to add their own models

Yup i have a small tool that allows you to alter the appearance of skeleton and spectres to classic. Im a necro nut if you havent already figured that out heh. Ya pm me guys

ya i dont want the tool just want it prepackaged with the spell efx and the necro shit. pre-patch zlandi heart would be cool too

$25 spell package
$10 model tool (skeletons and spectres will appear classic) as shown in the pictures above.
$5 original sky art

Just pm with what you want,
Im going to make this really easy.

I accept payment thru paypal friends and family. The address is [email protected]
As soon as anything is sent i get an alert on my s7 edge smarphone. Within the note leave a message detailing which part of the package you want as well as your email address in which you would like to receive your download. You can also contact me on here first if you would like.

Please read the entire thread if you have any other questions as most have been answered already. Thank you. ;)

thank you for the input. after recent consideration I have decided to change the flat rate price of my package to a pseudo donation style system. the payment address is the same, I ask a donation. whatever you think is fair. after I receive your donation I will email you the files to the destination of your choice. thanks guys ! hope this makes things a bit easier for everyone !

- - - Updated - - -

I'm planning on setting up a website dedicated to this with a couple of videos and pictures to really show you how awesome it is .everyone that has bought it so far is really enjoying it and it makes me feel so good to know that people appreciate it as much as I do. Also the people that have purchased it from me I've been communicating back and forth about things that they noticed or wanted to be changed for example earlier today the Paladin stun line which is normally red and awesome appear to look like The Necromancer spell splurt so I went into the file and he in fact was right somehow that got changed and it took me 15 seconds and I changed it back and resend them the file so like I said I am in touch with everyone willing to provide free customer support indefinitely

Last edited:
Bought the spell effects. They work just as advertised. They are classic in every sense. However, initially, a couple spell effects were not functioning as classic (stun/sense the dead) but Ooozling quickly fixed it and sent me the new spell files. The donation style of system is far better imo and allows people to relive the best spell effects of EQ. Anyway, I can endorse this product.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back