• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

Suspicious Should this feedback SantricMarduk1 left for Richman be removed? (1 Viewer)

Should this feedback SantricMarduk1 left for Richman be removed?

• No, don't remove it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Redbot

Staff member
Pronouns
He/Him
Rating - 93.6%
43   3   1
Username(s) of the accused
SantricMarduk1
⚖️ This is an official feedback dispute, sponsored by the Ducat shop. After 7 days the votes will be tallied and the most popular judgement upheld. Official feedback rules are found here. 🧑‍⚖️

@Richman is disputing feedback left by @SantricMarduk1
Here is a link to the feedback. Note that this link may not work for non-moderators due to the user's privacy settings.

It reads:
SantricMarduk1 said:
"Scammer"
"Says it must be paid in USD, but paypal confirmed it automaticlly switches to SGD, there is no way around this, then the seller claims YOU sent it in SGD when you didn't, you sent it in USD as per instruction and as Paypal confirmed I did. Then they refund you and make money from it because the conversion rate makes it less then the original amount. Scammer."
"Demands you pay in USD BUT YOU CANT"
"You CANT!!! PAYPAL WILL SWITCH IT TO SGD!!!! This "seller" knows this and refunds the same amount you pay in USD with SGD, which is worth less, so they refund you less then you even pay, this scammer knows this."

If you are a moderator or staff please do not vote or comment.

I will say it's a bit weird.

Paypal states that they automatically convert all currency whenever you are paying for a foreign product or service, or sending money to friends and family located in a different country and that this cannot be changed. So without further clarification from Richman, I am not sure how he can expect all money in USD while living in SG.

With that said, I think the buyer is a bit confused on how refunds work. If Richman refunded you through paypal, he does not "keep" or "make money" from it. Every cent that he received is taken from his account. I am not sure if there are conversion fees for the money and if that is also refunded, but I know Richman would not keep that money regardless.

Won't be voting until a bit more information.

There are fees associated with refunds that go to PayPal instead of the seller, especially when sent to another country as goods/services. Buyers will receive less back in those instances.
One thing I've also noticed is that non-US sellers do not state that there will be additional fees on top of the agreed-upon Krono price.

Only way fees are added to PayPal is if you do NOT use friends and family. Even then when a refund is giving those fees are also returned. This is all automated so I don't see how he got scammed unless I am completely missing something here?

International personal payments and purchase payments on PayPal may be subject to cross-border fees. These fees are paid by either the sender or recipient, not both, and are determined by the sender. Cross-border fees exist due to additional costs associated with multicurrency payments. For international personal payments, fees apply when using PayPal balance, bank account, or credit/debit cards.

International purchase payments incur standard fees plus an additional fixed fee based on the payment currency. Some international payments for purchases are free, but fees may apply for currency conversion by PayPal or from the sender's financial institution. You can also check the Fees page on PayPal for detailed information based on location and payment method. 👍

Last edited:
Xuande makes a valid suggestion - It might be beneficial to include a "country of origin" in the krono sales section. While PayPal informs the buyer about additional fees, it can be frustrating and may lead to complications as we see here, especially when trying to retract from a previously agreed-upon sale which in turn may result in negative feedback etc.

If seller initiated a refund at the buyer's request, I support removing the feedback. It's not sellers fault if PayPal imposes an additional fee as mentioned above.
It might also be useful for both parties to have an open dialogue here and come to an agreement.

I also need more information in regards to the USD to SGD to USD conversions and what was sent back. If Marduk sent $100 USD and RichMan received $135 SGD then sent back $100 SGD ($74 USD) then there's an additional layer of complexity. I'm unclear based on the information that we have.

Please post the private conversations that took place. Redact out any personal information (emails, transaction IDs, etc). This could really go either way for me at this point but I'm leaning towards the buyer misunderstanding the situation.

Ok, here's the scoop:
Hd Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

If seller initiated a refund at the buyer's request, I support removing the feedback. It's not sellers fault if PayPal imposes an additional fee as mentioned above.
It might also be useful for both parties to have an open dialogue here and come to an agreement.
So the seller initiated the refund because I sent it in SGD however I did not, I sent it in USD as they requested. I was not aware that paypal would convert it to SGD, so the seller refunded my purchase based an instruction that you literatly can't follow the whole thing was just weird, I buy from people on here with no issues, I buy from.other sites again with no issues this is the very first time I have ever had an issue. I am in Canada and have only ever bought from US sellers so when they said must be paid in USD I thought np, thats how I always do it. But if I sent them $89 USD and they sent me back $85 SGD....when SGD is worth less....pardon my confusion honestly but why are they asking for payment in USD if they can not recieve it in that currency in the first place?

Also please do note that you left two feedback for one failed transaction. The second feedback should be removed regardless of how this case pans out.

1705603078139.png

@Richman Can I share the information you provided with me, while making sure to remove any personal details, and then post it here?
@SantricMarduk1 If you would like to join in on the conversation that would be phenomenal👍
I nevwr knew paypal would witch the currency bwcause the seller is in Singapore, I paid is USD because thats ehat the seller told me to do. So why is @Richman instructing people to pay in a currency they can't recieve? What is the point in that?

The seller is offering their krono for 9.9 USD. If the payment is made in SGD via the automatic conversion PayPal uses (which is about 25-35% cheaper), then 89 SGD would be roughly 72 USD which would short the seller by roughly 17 dollars USD.

When the 89.00 USD is converted in PayPal, it should indicate something like "You are sending person x 123.00 SGD" ( which is equivalent to 89.00 USD, roughly speaking.

That's my shot at it, semi complicated - Perhaps someone else can reiterate.

Last edited:
One instance might be, buyer enters 89.00 as a payment, it automatically converts it and shows you a number something similar to 123.00 ( since it has been converted to SGD ) You then back up to the previous page and adjust the USD lower so that it converts exactly to 89.00 SGD.

I'm not saying you did this, but that is what it sounds like as far as the information I have available. It may have been done without malicious intent, but the conversion rate PayPal uses is very accurate and should not be adjusted.

Unless I hear a rebuttal from Santric I am voting to remove.
Really mh confusion isnt about the amount I get fees, transfer rate all that, but why are they asking for payment in USD and refunding it when its oit of the buyers control? Why are they sking for USD if they can't recieve it in said currency? Not trying to be rude I just don't understand the purpose.

PayPal automatically converts USD to SGD, Richman's cost per krono is 9.90 USD which is closer to 12.50 ish SGD. Because SGD is not worth as much as the U.S. Dollar.

1.00 United States equals 1.34 Singapore Dollar As of Jan 18, 7:03 PM UTC.

Really mh confusion isnt about the amount I get fees, transfer rate all that, but why are they asking for payment in USD and refunding it when its oit of the buyers control? Why are they sking for USD if they can't recieve it in said currency? Not trying to be rude I just don't understand the purpose.
Pretty sure they know they can't receive USD but it still makes the most sense to price the item as USD. The problem is you didn't send the correct amount of USD.

Anytime I've sent internationally; I type in the amount agreed to in USD. PayPal automatically converts it into whatever currency. My bank statement shows the amount agreed to in USD. Meaning the $89 SGD you received will automatically be converted back into the $66 USD you sent.

Least you didn't do the opposite with say, 89 USD to KWD. (Would've cost you about $300 USD lol)

Voted to remove, but also a huge proponent of the Krono Country of Origin tags; however everyone wants to play that out.

I also need more information in regards to the USD to SGD to USD conversions and what was sent back. If Marduk sent $100 USD and RichMan received $135 SGD then sent back $100 SGD ($74 USD) then there's an additional layer of complexity. I'm unclear based on the information that we have.

Please post the private conversations that took place. Redact out any personal information (emails, transaction IDs, etc). This could really go either way for me at this point but I'm leaning towards the buyer misunderstanding the situation.
Just heading home from classes right now I will post the entire corespondence that you everyone for looking into this! I am in Canada so because the seller said $89 USD specificlly, I paid $107.83 CDN which is $89 USD, what I got refunded back was $82 CDN. I eill pist thr pics as soon as I am home I just want to make sure people are safe out there

Just heading home from classes right now I will post the entire corespondence that you everyone for looking into this! I am in Canada so because the seller said $89 USD specificlly, I paid $107.83 CDN which is $89 USD, what I got refunded back was $82 CDN. I eill pist thr pics as soon as I am home I just want to make sure people are safe out there
107.83cdn is 79.95 usd

USD, CAD, and SGD are all in play with this deal. Sending money internationally results in additional fees that PayPal takes.
You sent 89 SGD and were charged fees. You underpaid for the krono.

However, things you've said like "I buy from people on here with no issues," and "And why are you guys ignoring that question?" make me think that the problem here exists between your computer chair and keyboard.
You have no feedback and don't seem to have read anything that people said. All you've done is post personal information and proof that you received 89 SGD and not what you sent. It looks like you got a refund of 89 SGD because you.... sent 89 SGD.

Pretty sure they know they can't receive USD but it still makes the most sense to price the item as USD. The problem is you didn't send the correct amount of USD.
I did though that is my point. I sent $89 USD, which was $101.83 minus the paypal fees but the seller said $89 USD no more no less right?

PayPal automatically converts the currency to the recipient's currency. When I've paid people in Brazil I type in $100 and it converts it to 493 Real or whatever the rate is.
Show us what you sent. Block out the personal information.

So when I entered $89 USD, it charged $101.83 from my account. Why is the seller demanding it be paid in USD if I cant? And why are you guys ignoring that question?
im confused by those screenshots :/

did she send you the money instead of refunding it? because you should be able to avoid most or all fees when clicking the "refund this payment" button

USD, CAD, and SGD are all in play with this deal. Sending money internationally results in additional fees that PayPal takes.
You sent 89 SGD and were charged fees. You underpaid for the krono.

However, things you've said like "I buy from people on here with no issues," and "And why are you guys ignoring that question?" make me think that the problem here exists between your computer chair and keyboard.
You have no feedback and don't seem to have read anything that people said. All you've done is post personal information and proof that you received 89 SGD and not what you sent. It looks like you got a refund of 89 SGD because you.... sent 89 SGD.
I paid $101.83 cdn which as of the 17th of Jan, 2024 was the equivilent to $89 USD

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240118_191838_Chrome.png
    Screenshot_20240118_191838_Chrome.png
    202.2 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back