• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

Redguides & MMO - The Truth (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jigs21

Caveat Emptor: UNVERIFIED
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few weeks ago, as some or most of you already know, a website was created for the sole purpose of selling the infamous "Ghost Kill" plugin. The website more or less sent a wave of panic through the community, some didn't believe it, others were scared, because we all know & remember the devastating affects "GhostKill" had on the Everquest & Macroquest2 community previously.

The website, which will remain unnamed, starting selling their "GhostKill" that just happend to be someone elses work, they never had permission from the owner to redistribute this plugin. Along with the code being stolen, it required a MMOBugs compile to function properly, the DLL these guys sold, used certain plugins inside the MMOBugs compile, without those plugins the GhostKill wouldn’t work.

Once both communities had been alerted of this website, we started working together unofficially to figure out who these people were in our communities. We found a few of the guys in both communities, after trying to speak rationally with them, and having no success, both websites, Redguides and MMO decided to ban them.

Now in the mist of all of this, an old personal conflict between myself and Coffee (AKA "PMS" on Redguides) on MMOBugs, arose and caused problems. Now, I won't go into why we dislike each other, but, there are some things you need to know that ties this all together.

Coffee was banned from Redguides a few months ago. He broke several rules that warranted his ban. Now, let me remind everyone, here on Redguides, when someone is banned on Redguides, there is a process, and this process includes, posting all information such as quotes, private messages, and logs of why you think the person should be banned. Once everything is posted, the Administrators go through and see if the ban is justified. When I banned Coffee from Redguides, the majority of Redguides staff had seen all the evidence, they even talked with Coffee one on one and agreed on him being officially removed from this community.

Once, Coffee was banned from Redguides, he turned around and abused his power as an IRC operator on MMOBugs, and banned me from their IRC server. When he did this, he had no reason for banning me other than his own way of getting revenge. I contacted Fry (owner of MMOBugs) about this, he said sorry, I have removed your ban from IRC, this won’t happen again.

Now that you’re filled in on that, while trying to work with MMO's staff, Coffee got upset that I was frequently joining MMOBugs’ IRC chat. So, he decided to leave IRC, and a few days later, I was banned from MMOBugs’ IRC again. I went directly to Fry and asked why I was banned? He said, “I don’t know, let me find out.” He comes back about an hour later and states that Coffee had banned me again from IRC and he wouldn’t remove it, I asked why was I banned though? Fry responded saying there is no reason for your ban, take it up with coffee, I won’t remove it.

I then proceeded to speak in general channel about it, asking why if anyone could give me a reason for my IRC ban. After a few of them said pretty much the exact same thing Fry said, I turned around and banned 4 staff members of MMOBugs from Redguides and asked them, “Now that I have banned you from Redguides, wouldn’t you like to know a reason? Wouldn’t you expect a valid reason for your ban?” Anyways, I did it to prove a point, and I removed the bans 5 minutes later. No one deserves to be banned for nothing, atleast have a valid reason, it just isn’t professional.

Now, for the stuff that MMOBugs has neglected to tell you. “Why is Jigs21 going crazy and banning people from MMOBugs?”

Well, what MMOBugs neglected to tell you was, 4 staff members/developers from MMOBugs decided to make a website which I will not name, and impersonate me by using the name "Jigs21" on the website. They made a website to give away a free "GhostKill" and used my name to do it, they thought it would be very ironic and funny if they used my name, because, I am very anti-GhostKill, and I am totally against releasing it into the public.

They used the name Jigs21 as the Administrator of the website, they wanted to trick everyone into downloading this plugin, while getting a laugh at the whole irony behind it all, but also using my reputation at the same time to get people to download it without worrying.

Why did they do this?

Well, they didn't want to do this under MMOBUGS or their names, they didn't want to be affiliated with it nor their reputations squashed. So they used my name instead. They did this as well, to prevent the other GhostKill website from making money. I asked them, in the calmest way possible to remove my name from that website, and to stop impersonating me. They told me, NO, and laughed in my face.

But it didn’t stop there…

They also neglected to tell you, that they once again impersonated me, and signed up to the GhostKill website, that was selling GhostKill, with my name, and one of their developers posted my "Real life name, my phone number, and where I lived" acting as me. The Administrator of that website contacted me with the IP of the person who posted that information "acting as me" and the IP matched EXACTLY to one of the developers from MMO.

When you personally attack someone, when you bring real life information and you put it on the internet, there are repercussions, don't expect someone to take that lightly. So those 4 people from MMOBugs who are on the staff/development team that are playing dumb, and asking "Why did dat bad putty tat Jigs21 ban me from Redguides" stop trying to get sympathy from the community, you did something wrong, and not only that, you didn’t cover your trail, and your bans are JUSTIFIED for that reason.

You four people, I expected more maturity from your end, and you represented your website in the worst way possible. I will not name the four people who did this, you know who YOU are, and I hope you make smarter judgments in the future, I am now removing the ban of these people on Redguides.

Why would I do that?

Because, although, I was furious, about everything they did to me, and mind you, I had a right to be. I decided that banning them from this community permanently, would only be sinking to the level they sunk to when they pulled these stunts of impersonating me. In my investigation, and talking with plenty of people from MMOBugs, I am aware, I banned some people who were not involved, and I would like to extend an apology for what it’s worth, for banning you from this community for the mistakes of your colleagues.

Also, I would like to ask the people that were involved, please stop hiding behind lies, because evidence points in the other direction. You may get a few people to follow in your footsteps, and who may support you, but the people who matter, like the staff of this website, know otherwise.

Finally, I spoke with Fry and cleared up quite a bit of the drama, he made an apology on behalf of the people who conjured this plan. He also learned some of the people who claimed "innocent" weren't so innocent after all. Whether any action will be taken against them, is his choice.

I made this post in attempt to hopefully clear up some of the drama and lies. Be rest assured, this post is not meant to stir anything up, but just to straighten out a few things.

I dont post often if at all, sorry to hear all that happened to you Jigs your an awesome person and hope everything works out for you. GL.

Jigs,

Even though I don't know exactly what Ghost Kill is, and everything, but I do completely trust you.

And BTW, MMO are assholes.

-The Big G

You might remind these children that their actions already constitute internet fraud. It is a felony and all it takes is a call to the FBI.

It is a shame what has happened with Ghostkilling, and Monk Bugging since I quit. As a former moderator (I am still listed as one) on MMOBugs I am not surprised at what happened. Seems like the third or fourth time Fry got burned by a programmer there that went rogue. You think you can trust someone, then they knife you in the back. When it was in the hands of the few it didn't attract attention, and things went on as normal, but soon as people decided to mass produce GhostKilling and all it screwed everything and led to packets being coded back in April. I tried to keep a balance between there and here. I usually posted new offsets I found on both sites, etc.

The idea that someone actually impersonated you is a criminal offense I believe. You should perhaps pursue legal action? At any rate sorry to hear about what happened, and glad Fry stepped up.

Czarman said:
The idea that someone actually impersonated you is a criminal offense I believe. You should perhaps pursue legal action? At any rate sorry to hear about what happened, and glad Fry stepped up.

I thought about it, but decided against it, it is just a matter of time before that person makes the wrong move, and it will backfire and the inevitable will happen.

Also, speaking of Fry, Fry was apart of the original 4 who knew about all of this, he did nothing to stop it. In the end, when I approached Fry, he did his best to try to end this, after hearing my side of the story. I guess I cannot fault him completely, he was lied to by his own staff/development team. I respect him for the fact he took the time to listen to my side and allowed me to verify the facts.

Dude, someone impersonated you when selling a program online. If they sold a virus, the customers can come and sue you. If you want to have any defense at all, you should press charges.

darkeros said:
Dude, someone impersonated you when selling a program online. If they sold a virus, the customers can come and sue you. If you want to have any defense at all, you should press charges.

True, but they eventually removed my name from the website. If they had not removed my name from that website, we would already have a set court date.

the whole sounds like a pretty dumb piece of asshattery on their part; good luck, hopefully it's all resolved.

darkeros said:
this is not true by any means.

You know what? Screw warp! The Map features are what originally hooked me on MQ2. As long as I have those, I'm pretty much happy. Although, it does consume alot more time traveling hither and yon ROFL.
Jigs, you seem like a square shooter. Nice of you to turn the other cheek. How about letting the rest of us in on who the bad guys were, with the stipulation that there will be no harassing of them in any way. What's wrong with shaming them a little? They probably have pretty small consciences and super big egos anyhow.

I have been watching both sides of this since somewhat the beginning and I have to say that I think Jigs has been the bigger person in the whole matter. I would be in mmochat and hear a lot of them acting like complete children. I know i don't know what goes on behind the scenes on both sides but from what i read i'm glad to see things have calmed down. The feud between these two sites has gone on long enough.

Anyway just saying Jigs you rock! keep up all the good work you do here. I know there are others that help a lot (thanks to you guys too!!!!) Lets keep the aa's flowin and sploits unnerfed!!!

Just remember there are always 2 sides to every story. Both these communitys are good and needed but there are things going on and both sites have posted somehting on this. but their is more. Just remember also these two (redguides and MMO) ARE competeters and for the most part the only real sites that offer what they do. Kinda like directv and dishnetwork ;)

king007 said:
Just remember there are always 2 sides to every story. Both these communitys are good and needed but there are things going on and both sites have posted somehting on this. but their is more. Just remember also these two (redguides and MMO) ARE competeters and for the most part the only real sites that offer what they do. Kinda like directv and dishnetwork ;)

Everything on MMO was all based off lies, which is why after speaking with Fry on the phone for an hour or so, he removed that thread.

Jigs, I don't know anyone at MMO, don't go there, don't care to. I been RG for a good while and will remain so. MMO could come out with the most ass-kickery plugins ever conceived, and I would still remain here. Simply because of the community. You and everyone who contributes to RG. The quality of people is why I am here and why I will remain here. As for the "two sides to every story." Jigs has always been someone who has been quick to help others, even before becoming RG's compiler. That history, and the way he is handling this tells me whose side I am on. You have my support and my sympathies, my friend.

And could I just add that maybe you should at least speak to an attorney to make sure that your bases are covered. What Darkeros said is right on the money. You should make sure your ass is not swinging in the breeze like an open target at the very least.

As for the ones who did this to you. /shrug

There are always gonna be assholes in this world, and unfortunately no amount of toilet paper will ever clean them up.

I couldn't have said it better myself, Bama75. As I was reading this thread, a notice popped up with a PM from Jigs relating to some other issue about my account. He's stayed on top of this the whole time, and I'm very grateful for that.
I can't imagine how busy he must be, with Sony doing their lovely patch dance every month, and constantly having to keep up with compiles, as well as fielding PM's and then this rubbish with MMO on top of it.

I've been to their site once, and won't be back. Not because I didn't like what was there, but because I get what I need here. I don't post often, but I read frequently.

Some posters always make me smile, some make me just /boggle, some get me fired up, but it's always entertaining and fosters a true sense of community. When I was such a newb I got myself banned (and later unbanned) for using the shroud AFK exploit, no one flamed me or was harsh to me other than to say what I already knew: It was my own stupid fault. Thanks to this community, I've listened, I've laughed, I've /pondered, but more importantly, I've learned. Not just about exploits or how to hack or how to screw SOE, but that I'm not alone in the frustrating world of Norrath, and that there are others out there like me that just want to enjoy the game, even if it means getting a little "help" (My God I can't live without the map function...)

Ok ok I'm rambling (listening to sappy music on the iPod will do that :p ) But long story short, thanks not only to Jigs for handling everything in a patient, professional, courteous and awesome manner, but to everyone that makes this community the best place to be.

Mom

Jigs,

I just recently got into MQ2 and have to say it's all brilliant work. I thank you for the contribution to the community.

In regards to your identity theft, it's no laughing matter. The sheer fact that they have personal information and used it is enough. But the real concern is what else they can do with that. I wouldn't trust that to save your soul! I have been a victim. Don't let them do anything else.

I would treat those 4 like a puppy that pisses on your floor. Make the correction now! It's the only way they will learn.

Best of luck to you!

Jig, sry you had to deal wish such F**K heads. I want you to know that the way you handled this manner was far superior then those 4 PR!CK$ heads put together. Talk about child's game! /SPITS on them

Jigs21 said:
I thought about it, but decided against it, it is just a matter of time before that person makes the wrong move, and it will backfire and the inevitable will happen.

Also, speaking of Fry, Fry was apart of the original 4 who knew about all of this, he did nothing to stop it. In the end, when I approached Fry, he did his best to try to end this, after hearing my side of the story. I guess I cannot fault him completely, he was lied to by his own staff/development team. I respect him for the fact he took the time to listen to my side and allowed me to verify the facts.
Jigs, based on what you put in this post, anyway you could just lock this thread? It probably has served its purpose, and is drama that the entire mq2 community needs to move on from. It just seems that every few days someone decides to drag sites thru the mud.

And yes, to others, I do participate in RG, MMO, MQ2 VIP, and a couple other sites that are involved in the MQ2 community.

Mateo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back