• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

Dispute Suspicious Purchased plat on P99 Green, account was banned 5 minutes later (1 Viewer)

So at this point I think some fair explanation should be given...

Why the hell are you guys playing on P99, and not just one of the TLP servers on retail? Everything, and anything I've read about P99 has been negative, so what benefit does it hold over a retail "classic" server?

Part of me doesn't like the idea that your account is at the mercy of some nameless faceless guy, who can ban you (or how I see it, waste X amount of hours of my time) for something his best buddy just did 5 minutes before you (and obviously got away with).

Then the second part, with all of the (pretty consistent) bans, why do we still attempt to do RMT on P99? It's pretty clear the nerds in charge over there get extra greasy banning accounts.

Not meaning to sound super negative, but I honestly can't think of a single reason why that would be more beneficial than just playing retail. I think I'm getting to the point of becoming so desensitized to these plat bans on P99 I'm not even finding myself feel bad about it for you guys. "Well I was poking that rattle snake with a stick. I couldn't believe it bit me; even though I watched it bite the first 200 guys with a stick before me."

EDIT: And yes, I know you can get banned from Retail servers as well... But I'd rather play Russian Roulette with one bullet, and not five.

Last edited:
Just my input. I have had so many issues with p99 but I buy and sell on here. Maybe restrict to verified only who can read sales or purchases on p99? I do not know if it possible or even if it’s a best practice.

How everybody isn't walking away with the same conclusion is beyond me

P99 is toxic af. RMT at your own risk

They exist by the grace of EQs developers. If someone can show that they are in some way profiting off p99 or are stealing potential revenue from EQ - they will get shut down.

Potential krono becoming p99 plat is not ok. They will always actively protect the server from RMT to continue its existence

Last edited:
Straight up, I'm not some big time seller. Many can attest I'm a 85% buyer. My one and only mistake I will own up to in this ENTIRE string of people being upset, os selling to UNVERIFIED accounts, which I wont do again. I never and have never admitted (except in this exact thread) to any RMT. Likely theres a GM here reading this laughing at basically everyone. The lesson I'm taking away from this, dont sell to unverified accounts. Fair or not.
How would verifying my account have changed anything in this transaction and the outcome @ZephonEQ ?

It was only by your assurances that this sale proceeded. Seeing as those were falsely represented I feel like a refund is due.

Here's our convo:

Me - I've bought plat before and had my accounts banned so I'm a little scared of this process. Granted I had it traded to my main account before but they cited me receiving plat for nothing. How can we make this less detectable? Considering buying 20-30k but it doesn't need to be delivered all at once.

Zephon - Honestly its alot more lax nowadays. We can just send tells etc, saying hey man, glad you decided to play again let me give you some money to start out etc etc. its alot harder now that theres so much money flying around for high ticket items.

Zephon - I've had people buy anywhere from 15-200k and it just doesn't get flagged anymore, because items in velious from raids actually go for over 200k. I think back in Kunark and definitely in classic it was easier to track. =) just let me know what you're looking for!

Me - Let's do 30k then and I guess I don't need to use mule account?

Zephon - Thats up to you. Really. Just lmk when you're ready!

My take is this...

LoneRanger; slightly negligent on your part for not conducting your own research. There's plenty of places / forums here and elsewhere talking about the guaranteed risks of trading on P99. Also though, you did get pushed by:

Zephon; I get it you've had smooth sales in the past, as have I. That being said I always make sure to break down the exact risks of what they're getting into. If it loses a sale, so be it, but you definitely undersold the potential risks of P99 RMT.

If I was in this predicament. I'd agree to half of a refund. You both accept risks conducting RMT on that server, you've both lost plat / accounts / w/e else.... The decent thing to do is to at least both accept those losses and each accept 50% of the cash. This used to be the more standard practice of "what to do" during a ban. But that's entirely up to ya'll.

Both of you are at slight fault, which isn't a huge deal. It's just the name of the game sometimes.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And if interested, a quick basic understanding of profit loss, or one of the largest catalysts for arguments and disagreements on this website when stuff like this happens.

What Is Included in a Profit and Loss Statement?

A profit and loss statement shows a business’s revenues and expenses over time. But there are many different types of revenue and expenses an organization needs to track and record in their profit and loss statement.

Here are some of the key categories:

• Revenue: This includes sales of products or services and recurring revenue that isn’t directly tied to your business operations, like rental income or interest from bank accounts.
  • Gains: These include one-time events, like selling off property or equipment, but should also be recorded as part of an organization’s profit.
  • Expenses: This includes all your operating costs, like the cost of the goods sold (COGS), employee wages, sales commissions, taxes, and administrative overhead (which ranges from paying rent on facilities and equipment to utilities and transportation). Just as interest gained is included in revenue, interest paid should also be included in your expenses.
  • *********-----------------------Losses: Much like gains, these are one-time costs or events that represent a loss for the business, like paying a settlement in a lawsuit.******* --------------------------***********
  • Net income: Also known as the “bottom line,” this is what a profit and loss statement calculates. To figure out net income, add up all your revenue and gains and then subtract your expenses and losses.

Getting scammed is one thing. Accepting risks, and the profit-loss as the consequence of those risks is an entire other. Even the smallest business owners have to take profit-loss into consideration; EQ RMT is no different. That is, until EQ / P99 and everyone else publicly states and agrees that they'll never ban accounts for RMT, profit-loss should be expected.

Last edited:
This is not something EC Tunnel staff handles. Please use feedback for these problems.

• ECTunnel will not hold anyone responsible for the actions of a GM, guild, glitch, or act of God outside of either party's control after a completed transaction, unless under the purview of a trader's explicit policy or other written agreement.
  • This is covered by the above rule, but to be clear: ECTunnel will not hold anyone responsible for a banned account after a completed transaction. (Your honest feedback is encouraged to be left for the trader.)

I had a few accounts banned years ago. The GM said that the seller admitted to it. I confronted the seller and he said he never admitted to anything. They just say that to make themselves feel better for some reason. I'm still not sure why they even care if people buy a few plat online. They could "stand against it" and threaten banning for legal reasons.. but it's like they get their rocks off by wasting countless hours and people's money just trying to have a good time on a game that won't matter SHIT in 100 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back