• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

PSA - Scammers are in full force (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It makes me wonder if there are any others out there who were not actively on RG, but still caught up in the ban wave.

Did the Tecnotic thing end up being the straw that broke the camel's back, and cause them to just make the crack down on people they have been observing for awhile because Tecnotic was so brazen about his use of the program?

Well this is what I received from the buyer who I will say has been A++ in helping me understand why this happened

"This is the post where I bought my Krono back in March. If you check Weathmanager's feedback you'll notice quite a few instances where Tecnotic has left feedback. I believe this is why your Krono were removed. I'd assume I had 1-20 stolen Krono, unbeknownst to me. I would petition DBG again asking for your Krono back. It's pretty bullshit that they just took them, it's not like you were the one that stole them. "

So they were in tecnotics hands at some point?

His transaction went through someone who went back to Augmentor.

Augmentor was caught and banned outright over multiple accounts, and it seems anything that looked like suspicious RMT transactions from Augmentor were caught in that ban wave and taken back.

So, it's likely not that someone reported the krono missing. Odds are that type of process would be easily noticed by DBG and probably they are exaggerating the reasons why the Krono are missing in discussion with the customer.

I have never bought Krono from augmentor, only traded ingame for MQ's and its truly sad what happened to him, he gets a bad rap on Ragefire but he was always very nice and helpful to me , often selling MQ's far below market price.

- - - Updated - - -

Normally I would agree with you, but under the circumstances I think its a question that needs to be asked. Exhibit A:

Ilovekronos - Could you please screenshot the communication you had with Daybreak regarding these Kronos disappearing. This is a very significant risk now associated with the sale and trade of Kronos if what Daybreak said is true.

I would almost rather deal in platinum exclusively at this point only using Krono when i need to add time to an account if Daybreak is blanket removing stacks of stolen Krono, or Krono that was reported as stolen. It leaves us all open to a whole new level of Fraud, and makes retaining Kronos a high risk.

Absolutely TPS I will screenshot it and post it here when I get home from work

Actually i think it would be unlawful to take back a krono, they let you buy these so they can be used for in game items, and then you get them and they think they can just take them away regardless of how the other person got them... slippery slope for DBG.

Actually i think it would be unlawful to take back a krono, they let you buy these so they can be used for in game items, and then you get them and they think they can just take them away regardless of how the other person got them... slippery slope for DBG.

Unless they received charge-backs on the krono in question... if they were purchased with stolen credit cards at one point, then they likely banned the accounts that originally purchased them, and removed the items.

If THAT is the case, then they might return the krono to the purchase who traded for them in game. Although, if it looks like you used a RMT transaction to get them, they might not because of EULA violations. If you personally traded some item for them in bazaar, that might be different.

Well, if they are able to track krono by each unique ID, they could easily show the trail of how it violated the EULA or whatever agreenment covers their ass for Krono sales. If an afk farmer like Tecnotic was "giving them away" to people (in terms of what DBG logs would indicate in game), then they could remove them and be perfectly within reason to do so. They belonged to a krono farmer who cheated to get items to trade for krono, so once the krono is tainted they can *poof* them, no matter whos bank or inventory they sit in

Edit: Point being, DBG could scare everyone out of buying kronos from anyone other than them, because if they catch a web of kronos being sold by a flagged character (like Tecnotic), they could poof kronos from months ago across hundreds of characters accounts. That would be badass of them, tbh.

Well, if they are able to track krono by each unique ID, they could easily show the trail of how it violated the EULA or whatever agreenment covers their ass for Krono sales. If an afk farmer like Tecnotic was "giving them away" to people (in terms of what DBG logs would indicate in game), then they could remove them and be perfectly within reason to do so. They belonged to a krono farmer who cheated to get items to trade for krono, so once the krono is tainted they can *poof* them, no matter whos bank or inventory they sit in

Edit: Point being, DBG could scare everyone out of buying kronos from anyone other than them, because if they catch a web of kronos being sold by a flagged character (like Tecnotic), they could poof kronos from months ago. That would be badass of them, tbh.

he was receiving them for the in game service of pling, just because he was banned doesnt mean the kronos he sold to people should be taken away.

Personally, I don't think there is a unique identifier for each krono. For the transactions, yes... but I didn't think stackable inventory items could be separated out that way.

I think it's most likely they saw something that was definitely RMT situation, and in the hands of a known violator at some point, and deleted anything that looked connected to that person as an RMT.

its a single data point, you bet your ass its there. Especially since its tied to CC transactions. That is why there is such a delay when picking them up, seperating them, etc. They are more than a regular item.

Also Foxman, why not? If a character cheated to get hundreds of krono, and give them out to people, why shouldnt they disappear? If someone robbed a bank and gave away the money to everyone outside, they would attempt to recover the money from peoples pockets.. They would scare everyone into only buying from DBG, which would be incredibly smart of them.

So I have sold probably 500-600 krono since starting on phinigel and I had my first account perma banned at about the 200 krono sold mark(right when kunark was released). In my personal opinion I don't think they punish people solely for RMT, only when you mix RMT with exploits, cheating and other things that affect in game players and they report you for it and then they use your obvious RMT as an excuse for the perma ban or however they want to punish you.

Out of all my krono sold nobody has ever came back to me and said my krono went missing even the ones I sold before my account got banned a few months ago and I would assume it's because I don't use any illegal means (in game or out of game) to acquire them.

I sold 40 Krono in the last couple weeks. 2 lots of 20 to 2 different buyers. Both buyers have contacted me to report that their Krono went missing.

I had bought some Krono from a seller here in March of 2016 from a seller that wasn't Tecnotic. Of the 40 I sold, about 20 of them I bought with platinum in game from random people before quitting the game.

DBG have taken all of the Krono I sold to my 2 buyers. Honestly I would pursue DBG here because something very fishy is going on. They took Krono that were obtained legitimately which IMO is theft on their end.

If they believed the Krono were bought using RMT they should have just said that, but punishing everyone for one dudes greed/exploiting is very poor business.

Y'all take this shit too seriously. Mogs is here trying to give a fair warning about the recent influx of scammers and you guys are grilling him about some transaction.

Surely you can at least admit there's a conflict of interests when a seller is telling people to be wary of other sellers, and then go on in a later post to talk about how legitimate he is.

Last edited:
I was wondering if the guy that got banned was Verified how does being verified really help us? just curious I know last week I was buying Kronos and had a shady guy want to sell me some so I passed on him and now I go by Feedback personally.

yes Tectonic was verified, just because you got verified doesnt make you instantly a trust-able person. Verification with good feedback is safer, but still always that chance things can go awry.

I'm sorry, but giving up your IP addy is just plain stupid and careless.

Please don't speak about something you know nothing about.

The worst that happens is someone gets your geolocation data which you are giving up every single day you use the internet and cell phone as there is NO user data in the IP headers.

Please don't speak about something you know nothing about.

The worst that happens is someone gets your geolocation data which you are giving up every single day you use the internet and cell phone as there is NO user data in the IP headers.

In terms of trading, it's pointless and stupid.

There is no reason why you you give your personal IP to anyone let alone for security sakes. It makes no sense period. And why would you need to geo locate anyone in the first place if you don't trust them from the get go.

In terms of trading, it's pointless and stupid.

There is no reason why you you give your personal IP to anyone let alone for security sakes. It makes no sense period. And why would you need to geo locate anyone in the first place if you don't trust them from the get go.

I still don't think you understand how this works.

Every time you send an email you've given someone your IP address. Every time you post on a forum your IP address is logged. Every time you do anything your IP is given out and easily found. If I wanted to I could pull yours up without too much time and effort.

Do you not have an address registered to your PayPal account? Because I'm pretty sure you do and if a seller wanted to make sure your address matched where your payment info originated (which is done ALL of the time via payment processing throughout thousands and thousands of websites) then having an IP is a good step to help with fraud.

Example - You send me a payment. I see it's from an Indiana address, but you're in Russia based off of IP. That is a pretty big fraud flag. Maybe you stole a credit card, maybe you're using a hacked account etc.

I'd get into spoofing etc, but I fear that that's getting even more beyond your current knowledge of this subject.

In short take off the tinfoil hat and if I sound condescending I'm not trying to be I just hate misinformation being spread.

You just don't see the bigger picture. I am fully aware how it works, but requesting your personal IP address will not stop anyone from scamming you. Just because you have my IP address (and that's if you think you "actually" have it) will not stop me from doing whatever nefarious deed I can come up with. If you actually think relying on someone's IP address is the safest move you can do in this business, then you are more naive than I thought. You have no idea what can be done in this business.

Plz spare me on spoofing. It bothers me even more that you brought it up here.

I am done here. Feel free to educate us more considering you just only join a couple of months ago. And plz continue the insults. It seems it's the only thing you do well.

You just don't see the bigger picture. I am fully aware how it works, but requesting your personal IP address will not stop anyone from scamming you. Just because you have my IP address (and that's if you think you "actually" have it) will not stop me from doing whatever nefarious deed I can come up with. If you actually think relying on someone's IP address is the safest move you can do in this business, then you are more naive than I thought. You have no idea what can be done in this business.

Plz spare me on spoofing. It bothers me even more that you brought it up here.

I am done here. Feel free to educate us more considering you just only join a couple of months ago. And plz continue the insults. It seems it's the only thing you do well.

My length of time here has zero to do with my knowledge on the subject that you're clearly clueless about and also nice attempt at a strawman as not once did I even hint that having an IP address is the "safest move you can do in this business".

But thanks for showing your ineptitude via multiple facets. I would suggest being done as you look dumber each time you've posted.

Also look up https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect - It might help with some self evaluation in the future so instead of acting like you know what you're talking about you can admit you're wrong, educate yourself further and grow as a person because spreading misinformation is one of many blights on humanity.

V3A0L

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back