• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

PSA - Scammers are in full force (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 98.3%
230   4   1
FYI to all sellers and buyers here, we are seeing a serious uptick in fraud taking place in markets all across the web. On our webstore Mogs.com, also here on Redguides and other forums. We are finding that Friends and Family is worthless as well. A scammer can use a stolen paypal account and the owner can get F&F reversed. Im confident that the scammers are liquidating Krono via Redguides and some other Forums, this is their easiest way to sell stolen shit. I urge the Redguides community to stop working with new Krono sellers coming to market with cheap kronos. The market prices are very clear from looking at sellers on Redguides, PA and other sites. When someone shows up here with a load of kronos they are trying to dump at a rate far below the market you can be sure this degenerate is selling stolen krono. Do not support these fools and Redbot maybe you should try and filter new sellers coming in and doing this. Hell I would be open to helping you verify users. We have caught about 10 wannabe scammers in the past 72 hours. The week before it was even more. For us scammers wont have any luck making a purchase, you will be put through many KYC/ AML steps to ensure your identity. You will fail and we will report everything we collected about you.

Mogs will be fully verifying user identities that are not trusted on here. If your new to the site, have no feedback, no posts or have been buying excessive amounts in a short time expect to go through a rigorous verification process.

I bought 20 krono a few days ago, logged in last night all 20 are gone, my account information has never been shared. They guy I bought them from was selling 8$ each 7.50 if you buy more that 10. That seemed fair and similar in price. Probably shouldn't petition since they'll see on my account every few weeks a level 1 guy hands me 10-15 krono and I don't trade him anything back.

The guy was Red verified

I bought 20 krono a few days ago, logged in last night all 20 are gone, my account information has never been shared. They guy I bought them from was selling 8$ each 7.50 if you buy more that 10. That seemed fair and similar in price. Probably shouldn't petition since they'll see on my account every few weeks a level 1 guy hands me 10-15 krono and I don't trade him anything back.

The guy was Red verified

Name?

Looked at his "feedbackscore" and contacted the person who last bought krono from him, his account is also missing krono so what the guy got popped and they just took all the kronos he ever sold to people?

so then why arent you calling the guy out?

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly this post by mogs seems like a bit of scaremongering, because he sells at a higher amount, and he is losing sales to people who can charge less and get what they want. Just my opinion.

I mean what it I petitioned and say I traded RL work for ingame krono? and I didn't know how the guy giving them to me got them?

They took my krono and didn't ban me, which is why I'm curious

so then why arent you calling the guy out?

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly this post by mogs seems like a bit of scaremongering, because he sells at a higher amount, and he is losing sales to people who can charge less and get what they want. Just my opinion.
Scare mongering I dont think so buddy. Its what is really going on. Im all for a competitive market but scammers going to scam and its important people know what is going on.

I take negative feedback on the forums pretty seriously Mogs, so if you don't mind for my own peace of mind, I have a few questions.

I see here that you left Negative Feedback for a user with a note that he was not complicent with your request prior to a transaction taking place:
mogs.jpg

So does that mean that no items traded hands and no transaction took place? I can only assume that due to your strict stance on verification and fraud prevention that you decided against dealing with this individual.

Is that correct? For that I would not blame you at all, if my buyers/sellers do no take basic precautions, or throw up a red flag, I move on to another trade.

However, in this case if no transaction took place then no feedback should be left for either party. I consider negative feedback to be reserved for people who did not get what they were promised or something was wrong following the transaction itself. If there was no transaction, why is there feedback being left?

Furthermore, verification on these forums for the RedGuides community is already in place. If you intend to do business here, I would urge your potential buyers to get verified through that process if you have concerns about dealing with individuals.

This is not your personal website, though I see you do have one you operate out of. I am genuinely sorry if you are falling victim to fraud in large quantities to your website, however I wholeheartedly believe that if scammers are buying from your site, then doing a charge back and reselling them here or other places for cheap, that you should distance yourself from the Redguides community and work on strongly improving your websites own Verification and security policies.

I'm not saying people stealing Kronos is right, I'm saying you need to look at the heart of the issue here and until you can control the your loss prevention issue you are facing, you should probably shut down operations on your site, because as you stated, its this community here that is being affected. Stopping business to solve this problem is the responsible thing to do.

If you are selling large chunks or Krono which are then being charged back...are you then trying to take action on the fraudulent person by contacting Daybreak about your lost Kronos in anyway? That could very well explain why we are seeing Legitimate buyers here on Redguides see their Kronos disappearing.

I'm right, aren't I?

Until further notice I do not feel you are fit to do business on these forums, or your site...but especially these forums.

What can be done about these recent bans? I don't know who tectonic is, but somehow I bought krono's from two people last week and all 4 of my accounts had krono on them I logged in last night all 4 accounts are zero'd out 43 missing krono.

Looking for more advice none of my accounts were banned should I just cut my losses? or should I petition

One of these people I bought from admitted to me he was banned for being involved with tectonic

See my post above. I believe the missing Krono and the Tectonic issue are unrelated and just coincidence.

I think the missing Krono are from third party website owners with poor practices in place (or the scammers themselves) reporting the kronos being missing to DBC, and DBC taking some sort of action on those Kronos.

Either way the method to stopping it starts with the original seller.

in ILoveKronos' case, most likely the person you purchased krono was banned with RMT, and GM confiscated your krono.

ps.
Augmentor, sorry to hear about your accounts and loss.

I take negative feedback on the forums pretty seriously Mogs, so if you don't mind for my own peace of mind, I have a few questions.

I see here that you left Negative Feedback for a user with a note that he was not complicent with your request prior to a transaction taking place:
View attachment 10251

So does that mean that no items traded hands and no transaction took place? I can only assume that due to your strict stance on verification and fraud prevention that you decided against dealing with this individual.

Is that correct? For that I would not blame you at all, if my buyers/sellers do no take basic precautions, or throw up a red flag, I move on to another trade.

However, in this case if no transaction took place then no feedback should be left for either party. I consider negative feedback to be reserved for people who did not get what they were promised or something was wrong following the transaction itself. If there was no transaction, why is there feedback being left?

Furthermore, verification on these forums for the RedGuides community is already in place. If you intend to do business here, I would urge your potential buyers to get verified through that process if you have concerns about dealing with individuals.

This is not your personal website, though I see you do have one you operate out of. I am genuinely sorry if you are falling victim to fraud in large quantities to your website, however I wholeheartedly believe that if scammers are buying from your site, then doing a charge back and reselling them here or other places for cheap, that you should distance yourself from the Redguides community and work on strongly improving your websites own Verification and security policies.

I'm not saying people stealing Kronos is right, I'm saying you need to look at the heart of the issue here and until you can control the your loss prevention issue you are facing, you should probably shut down operations on your site, because as you stated, its this community here that is being affected. Stopping business to solve this problem is the responsible thing to do.

If you are selling large chunks or Krono which are then being charged back...are you then trying to take action on the fraudulent person by contacting Daybreak about your lost Kronos in anyway? That could very well explain why we are seeing Legitimate buyers here on Redguides see their Kronos disappearing.

I'm right, aren't I?

Until further notice I do not feel you are fit to do business on these forums, or your site...but especially these forums.

I strongly agree with every word of this.

Please elaborate on this screencap of feedback that was left Mogs.

You don't need to have your own website and work here too in my opinion, but I have a HUGE problem if you're leaving negative feedback for people when no transaction even took place.

What is being done about all these bans from tectonic? is redbot or someone saying anything or even acknowledging?

What are you hoping they would do, exactly? Banning him from the site at this point in time isn't going to help anything. It would just prevent the buyers from having any way to contact him.

So long as Tectonic is communicating with his clients, and not making attempts to conduct new business until this issue is resolved, I can only assume that he will remain unbanned.

Tectonic hasn't made any refund to my knowledge, and the damage isn't even completely known, I have since found out the krono's I bought were paid to him for powerleveling services, and then sold to another party, and then sold to me. So technically an item on my account came from his account and I was punished accordingly and totally unfairly,

I talked with him a little bit in pm's to get a feel for the guy about 5 or 6 weeks ago. It sounded to me like he was here to pillage what he could and move on. Even if he refunded everyone the guy was running 10+ characters with macroquest and putting that many people in danger. Smh. DB had to make an example of him because the guy was reckless using cheat programs and wrecking the economy. The game or the website doesn't matter, cheating is not cool. It's not about them trying to screw their customers, it was a message that people running macroquest armies will be permabanned. It's terrible that other people were pulled into his sick web of lies. No one should have trusted this guy to begin with. So many people are overlooking the fact that the guy ran robot armies.

He sent me an email after giving me neg feedback about how he was sorry for the delay. So I sent him this email and pm

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You are "very sorry" yet you gave me neg feedback? You did not send the "compensation" with the order (and of course I got more from someone else before you even sent the amount that was ordered in the first place)?

Still have not replied to my question about how asking for a "like" and a message on Facebook prevents any kind of fraud. Then there is the aspect you said I did not comply with your "requests" which I did. Hell I DID that before I left you neg feedback.

"I will parcel them over today in about 2-3 hrs....." Message sent 14 hours ago. Then 2 hours later you are asking for the name, amount, email, and server. Then 3 hours AFTER that message, you finally send a message that you were sending it, which of course you did not for another hour!

So again here is my issue,

Less than 2 minutes after you sent me a message with the payment email address I SENT you the money, that was 241am PDT on Saturday. You did not send me an email explaining the fraud thing till SUNDAY at 640am, so right there is OVER 28 hours with NO MESSAGE FROM YOU other than asking me to like your facebook page, and VERIFY my order with an email.

Yet I'm the one who did not comply with you guys?

You know what I wont give you guys any more negative feedback THAT being said I will include in EVERY pm to EVERY person I do business with TO avoid you guys like the plague.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

No offense Mogs but you really should not have given me neg feedback for "failure" to comply when I DID WHAT THE FUCK YOU ASKED ME TO DO!
*Oh and this mofo still hasn't sent me any kind of reply saying our bad man, let us make this up to you in some way* You know the NORMAL type of customer service reply. I know when I go to the anyplace that sells anything and they screw up sooooo clusterfuckingly bad they do whatever they can to try and appease the person who was wronged.

There is an old adage
"Customers may forget what you said but they'll never forget how you made them feel" Quick guess how Mogs made me feel after I WAS Fsadfjkh compliant!
"Courteous treatment will make a customer a walking advertisement." I should mention I have not included a warning against "Mogs" in every email/pm to much effort to explain the whole ordeal. However Mogs posted a neg feedback and it was brought forth here, so here ya go!

Just an fyi, Mogs, an ACTUAL apology, better communication, not advertised as a 24/7 service, and not leaving neg feedback for someone WHO did what you asked, time and time again would have been a better way to handle it.

For those wondering there was another fellow in his thread who was also thinking he was being scammed by Mogs due to the lack of communication from mogs. You can look at the time stamps there if you want.

Y'all take this shit too seriously. Mogs is here trying to give a fair warning about the recent influx of scammers and you guys are grilling him about some transaction. If you have an issue with mogs talk about it in his krono thread, on his website, on his Facebook.

This thread is about scammers. I don't want to read through pages of some internet detective trying to prove their lawyer questing skills to show who is more verified/trust worthy on the internet. I want to read about tactics scammers are using.

View attachment 10251

I'm right, aren't I?

You left me two negative feedback on a single order. I will remove the feedback left, it was hasty on my part. After suffering these losses recently we had to enforce new standards for verification. Unfortunately our transaction together fell right n the midst of this which had myself and my staff scrambling. I happened to be on the road travelling at the time so my attention was not 100% on this and I will admit I did not see your Facebook post and missed other key parts of communication between yourself, myself and my staff. That fault is on me.

As for our verification process we have been in this game since 2004 and take very specific steps to provide quality KYC checks. We have built internal tools over the years and have not seen a fraud ring of this scale in many years (Runescape was the last big shitshow). You suggesting "I should shut down my operation" is a fucking joke. There are hundreds of very happy customers on RG that I have dealt with over the years. So that is just a silly suggestion. To me any fraud is bad since we have historically ran around 0.5% chargeback rating with Paypal. I will continue to do business here and I will ask you to step off and stop harassing me. This post is not about you.. its about a warning to the community 1. there is a serious effort right now with fraud. 2. for SELLERS be wary of Friends and Family payments, this is the method all sellers use here and its proving to have holes in it.

I ended up petitioning about the krono that disappeared from my account and was told "those unique ID's on those were reported missing or stolen and therefore they were deleted" so am I just screwed? or do I have any course of action

Y'all take this shit too seriously. Mogs is here trying to give a fair warning about the recent influx of scammers and you guys are grilling him about some transaction. If you have an issue with mogs talk about it in his krono thread, on his website, on his Facebook.

This thread is about scammers. I don't want to read through pages of some internet detective trying to prove their lawyer questing skills to show who is more verified/trust worthy on the internet. I want to read about tactics scammers are using.
Totally agree, this was a PSA to the community but TPS wants to make it his sounding board to try and hurt my business, something I do not take lightly.

I ended up petitioning about the krono that disappeared from my account and was told "those unique ID's on those were reported missing or stolen and therefore they were deleted" so am I just screwed? or do I have any course of action

I would ask how far removed from the theft does one have to be to be protected from DBG stealing krono from YOU. Those kronos could have been traded 5 times before they got to you. I'd tell them I didn't steal krono, I traded for them fairly, so how in the world do you think it's fair to steal them from me? I'd ask for details on how stacks of krono work, are they first in first out, first in last out? If stolen krono are put on a pile of 100, are they 1-5 or 101-105 on the stack.

DBG has no idea how to do customer service, just rant and rave politely and they'll just give you your stuff back usually. These guys don't get paid enough to try to figure out where the smoking gun is, they just try to do damage control, poorly.

See my post above. I believe the missing Krono and the Tectonic issue are unrelated and just coincidence.

I think the missing Krono are from third party website owners with poor practices in place (or the scammers themselves) reporting the kronos being missing to DBC, and DBC taking some sort of action on those Kronos.

Either way the method to stopping it starts with the original seller.

Are you trying to make some crazy accusation that we report stolen krono to DBG? That is not the case, if we get hit with fraud, we eat it and call it fraud. There is not nor has there EVER been communication with DBG. Stop trying hurt my business, this is beyond tinfoil hat ridiculous.

Are you trying to make some crazy accusation that we report stolen krono to DBG? That is not the case, if we get hit with fraud, we eat it and call it fraud. There is not nor has there EVER been communication with DBG. Stop trying hurt my business, this is beyond tinfoil hat ridiculous.

Normally I would agree with you, but under the circumstances I think its a question that needs to be asked. Exhibit A:

Ilovekronos - Could you please screenshot the communication you had with Daybreak regarding these Kronos disappearing. This is a very significant risk now associated with the sale and trade of Kronos if what Daybreak said is true.

I would almost rather deal in platinum exclusively at this point only using Krono when i need to add time to an account if Daybreak is blanket removing stacks of stolen Krono, or Krono that was reported as stolen. It leaves us all open to a whole new level of Fraud, and makes retaining Kronos a high risk.

His transaction went through someone who went back to Augmentor.

Augmentor was caught and banned outright over multiple accounts, and it seems anything that looked like suspicious RMT transactions from Augmentor were caught in that ban wave and taken back.

So, it's likely not that someone reported the krono missing. Odds are that type of process would be easily noticed by DBG and probably they are exaggerating the reasons why the Krono are missing in discussion with the customer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back