• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

Idea Geofencing ECTunnel, Establishing Vendor Home IP, External linking, Verification for foreign nationals, (1 Viewer)

Xuande

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
Rating - 100%
795   0   0
Users of ECT deserve to have a reasonable level of security when transacting on the site.

I'm proposing we:
  • Georestrict ECTunnel from any traffic originating from specific countries for non-whitelisted (established) users. No new vendor accounts available from those countries.
  • Require a clear home IP to be established for any vendor account. IP must be logged into every X0 days. If you don't want to be honest with the admins about who you are, why are you here? If you can't do it? Sorry, you can't sell here.
  • Linking to an external site to remove a buyer from the pool of ECT users = Ban. Not a warning, but a ban. This includes thinly veiled usernames, message links, etc
  • Remove Verification from foreign nationals altogether. Verification does nothing and we might want to reconsider its validity. MarryMe got me for >$1K in the end and it's not like the authorities of his country would ever have cared that he scammed an American.

If you agree and would like to see this considered, hit the up arrow on the right →→→→→→→→→→→→

Last edited:
@Redbot We've achieved six upvotes on this faster than any other suggestion thread!

The checkmark next to foreigners gives buyers a false sense of security when there is ZERO recourse if things go awry. Oh no, you got banned and then popped up with another proxy and another member of your team verified.

I have thought about this for a bit of time. I think the main issue is that being verified while residing in certain parts of the world gives buyers a false sense of security.

For example, being verified while residing in the United States allows for legal avenues against that person. We have seen several users contact local police to help pressure the person to make it right. But a verified user who resides in China for example we have no way to take legal action or even the threat of it because China will not take any action against that person.

I think at the very least we should not allow users who don't reside in countries we have no legal recourse to become verified users.

I just think its a dangerous false sense of security for people when dealing with "verified" users from these no legal resource countries.

If we were to geofence based on rate of scams, we'd remove verification from all WV / RI residents long before China.

I'd like to hear buyer's opinions, since this is a suggestion that concerns them.

To be fair, I have transacted as a buyer and seller with the Chinese. That's where I've been scammed the most- with chargeback Krono on both sides. We have absolutely no recourse with foreign nationals, as Klesko said. That checkmark is a complete lie because nothing is done about sellers misrepresenting their country.
So I ask you: What recourse do you propose we have for foreigners that lie and go rogue? Because I asked what the punishment for lying about country was in the other thread and the only punishment has been to update the flags.
You're leaving all of us exposed to scams with no hope of recourse. They can still pay for premium but to say that their identification is verified is not correct and offers false security to all users of this site.

I've also transacted as a seller to the specific RI idiots that you're talking about. I can at least block them on PayPal. The Chinese guys pop up with [email protected] or stolen paypals.

Also, for anybody reading: How much money have you lost on ECTunnel?

I believe that I've dealt with more scams than any other user and am out hundreds of Krono as a result. Mostly because of MarryMe since his group pulled off such a good scam.... and then probably resold them under one of their other accounts using a new proxy. Very appreciated.

I am also encountering issues with scams, and customers have been voicing their complaints.

I believe that customers who have only made a few purchases on the site may not fully understand how it operates to provide informed comments on the matter. Realistically, only the top traders regularly view and engage with important threads like this one. It may be a big ask to suggest customers should chime in.

Users of ECT deserve to have a reasonable level of security when transacting on the site.

I'm proposing we:
  • Georestrict ECTunnel from any traffic originating from specific countries for non-whitelisted (established) users. No new vendor accounts available from those countries.
  • Require a clear home IP to be established for any vendor account. IP must be logged into every X0 days. If you don't want to be honest with the admins about who you are, why are you here? If you can't do it? Sorry, you can't sell here.
  • Linking to an external site to remove a buyer from the pool of ECT users = Ban. Not a warning, but a ban. This includes thinly veiled usernames, message links, etc
  • Remove Verification from foreign nationals altogether. Verification does nothing and we might want to reconsider its validity. MarryMe got me for >$1K in the end and it's not like the authorities of his country would ever have cared that he scammed an American.

If you agree and would like to see this considered, hit the up arrow on the right →→→→→→→→→→→→

I wholeheartedly agree with your post.

In particular, verification should not be allowed for foreign nationals. From my point of view, the idea of verification is to show users that there can be serious repercussions if a verified user decided to start scamming. A U.S. citizen being doxxed is immensely more detrimental to their life than it would be to someone across the globe. There is no ability to take legal action and the threat of having their information posted is not really a threat.

Let these users pay for premium only and have their reputation do the talking.

If we were to geofence based on rate of scams, we'd remove verification from all WV / RI residents long before China.

I'd like to hear buyer's opinions, since this is a suggestion that concerns them.
I am more a seller, but I am also a buyer. I think we need to either not allow verified from countries that don't allow legal repercussions OR when you are verified it lists the country that you are verified from on your profile/name. That way someone can see that the person is verified in the US/Canada etc. and know they are able to take legal action. I would assume it would also let a Chinese or French person know that they could take legal action against another Chinese or French person. However, it would also let people know that the person they are buying from lives in a country where they may not be able to take any legal repercussions.

Another factor is that it would allow people to send their money to where they want to and support what they want. Goods sold in the US are labeled where they are made and people sometimes choose to buy "made in ______" goods. Finally, and this is a bit darker, it would let people choose to not support countries they don't want to. I could see Ukrainian and Russian players not wanting to buy from each other as an example.

I think that's a great idea.
It's very disappointing you think this. Forcing a verified user like me from a non-US country to publicly broadcast my location will only be a negative for us. Any time I, or a non-US user wants to sell something, we will instantly be announcing ourselves as a target for scammers as they will know "I can target this person, there's nothing they can do". I personally don't want a billboard next to my name telling the Fitzgeralds I'm their next victim.

This is ignoring the fact that none of the people who signed up for and paid for verified ever agreed to allow you share our private information like that unless we did something wrong.

It is frankly baffling how much in the last few years the same handful of power sellers dictate and change the site's rules to benefit them, often under the 'this helps us all' guise. I shouldn't need to tell you that they do not have the average user's welfare in mind when they are proposing their changes.

I would also accept splitting the Krono forum into US Vendors and Non-US vendors. We could have a geoIP flag to indicate where we're logged in from to not use people's verification data AND to show where non-verified people are from.

Yeah, it's baffling how power sellers the people that use the site the most have recommendations on how to improve it. Your indignation about being put in the exact situation that every American vendor is in, right now, is entertaining. I've been the target of the Fitzgeralds AND foreigners.
How many trades have you participated in on this website? How many times have you been scammed? How many thousands of dollars have you lost here? Have you contributed additional funds to the website outside of your premium membership?

This site is built on honesty and trust. Trying to hide things is not indicative of transparency.

I would also accept splitting the Krono forum into US Vendors and Non-US vendors. We could have a geoIP flag to indicate where we're logged in from to not use people's verification data AND to show where non-verified people are from.

Yeah, it's baffling how power sellers the people that use the site the most have recommendations on how to improve it. Your indignation about being put in the exact situation that every American vendor is in, right now, is entertaining. I've been the target of the Fitzgeralds AND foreigners.
How many trades have you participated in on this website? How many times have you been scammed? How many thousands of dollars have you lost here? Have you contributed additional funds to the website outside of your premium membership?

This site is built on honesty and trust. Trying to hide things is not indicative of transparency.
To get this out of the way in the beginning, since it is tied to half your post: you do not matter any more than any other average user on this site. Get that through your head. The majority of the people who use this site are casual users. Just because you've chosen to make a 25 year old video game your business doesn't mean the site or community should revolve around what helps your "business" more than a casual user's interests. The only reason you've been allowed to be a petulant child all across the Suggestions and the Support/Dispute forums is because 95% of the site doesn't even look at them, with the vast majority who do not wanting to get involved in rocking the boat.

Your suggestions have been completely self serving and harmful to the overall community and Redbot pinpointing that China (which I'm not from before you try to accuse me of that) is not the first place IP bans would originate should have been the first clue that you're either out of your depth, or more likely, you are looking out for your own self interest and the overall community be damned.

The moment you posted "I want China to be IP banned" should have been a laughable moment. You conveniently want the region that gives you the biggest competition for krono to be banned. And what a coincidence, it happens after you got scammed by one. Imagine someone trying to get the US IP banned because of the Fitzgeralds. I've come across just as many American scammers in my long years playing this game as I have Chinese and the Report forum is full of them.

You then pivot to "Remove Verification from all "foreign nationals"" which was ignored entirely, assumingly because it was immediately recognized as idiotic. Were you going to refund everyone yourself who paid for it? Or were you expecting the site to just pony up the money? Or were you suggesting the site just steals the money? Very ironic considering your attempted obfuscation about asking about "funds contributed to the site".

That's ignoring the clear self serving nature of you suggesting it. Remove Verified status for anyone not US and then the power sellers can continue spamming "Only deal with Verified users!" to have the market cornered. It's as transparent as it is pathetic.

Redbot asked for feedback and I provided it. Deal with it.

It's very disappointing you think this. Forcing a verified user like me from a non-US country to publicly broadcast my location will only be a negative for us. Any time I, or a non-US user wants to sell something, we will instantly be announcing ourselves as a target for scammers as they will know "I can target this person, there's nothing they can do". I personally don't want a billboard next to my name telling the Fitzgeralds I'm their next victim.

This is ignoring the fact that none of the people who signed up for and paid for verified ever agreed to allow you share our private information like that unless we did something wrong.

It is frankly baffling how much in the last few years the same handful of power sellers dictate and change the site's rules to benefit them, often under the 'this helps us all' guise. I shouldn't need to tell you that they do not have the average user's welfare in mind when they are proposing their changes.
I believe you may have misunderstood the suggestion. This is an unbiased proposal that is not related to the distinction between veteran traders and newer ones like yourself.
Claiming that this benefits the top traders seems overly personal and detracts from the core argument.

Is it truly baffling that those with more experience on this site play a significant role in its direction? As opposed to everyone having a say, should we instead allow accounts with limited experience dictate the forum's growth?

There are aspects of the situation that you might not be aware of, and speaking on such matters without full knowledge can be risky.
If you believe this would indeed benefit the top traders and not the average trader, please provide concrete evidence to support your claim.

Last edited:
To get this out of the way in the beginning, since it is tied to half your post: you do not matter any more than any other average user on this site. Get that through your head.
You're making this personal when it is not.

Like Xuande and many other top traders, I experience backlash, specifically from other countries, due to the lack of recourse for scams.

With 30,500 accounts on EcTunnel, Xuande is in the top 5. He handles more transactions than "the average trader", so by sheer volume, traders like him and myself experience more scams.
Recently, there has been an influx of scams from international sources, this has resulted in those being affected attempting to rectify the situation. That is why Xaunde's suggestion received so many upvotes.

It is risky to speak on topics you have limited experience in. Calling traders 'idiotic' for making suggestions with examples and factual basis is in my opinion immature behavior.

Last edited:
Yeah, this guy speaks with authority and is immature. He talks about how ideas were dismissed when, really, suggestions can take months to implement.

Joined in 2022, has 3 feedback, and comes at me hot- as though he has the breadth of experience to speak on these topics. Notice that he calls to his own authority several times.

If you'd like to try responding again- without insulting me- and can provide concrete examples, then maybe you'd have a point. I never said China- I mentioned that one of the largest scams on this site occurred from MarryMe and maybe it's time to tighten the overall security of the site.
Otherwise it just looks like you're oddly defensive of the largest group of international scammers and trying to use this as a soapbox to tear me down. It's very transparent and oddly aggressive without providing anything constructive.

Actually, the best part of your whole diatribe is that I- myself- have been the target of more Fitzgerald scams than anybody else on this site.
I have recourse with them. I don't have recourse with a country whose government wouldn't care~

You're missing the point and attacking me, rather than providing a substantive argument.

You're making this personal when it is not.

Like Xuande and many other top traders, I experience backlash, specifically from other countries, due to the lack of recourse for scams.

With 30,500 accounts on EcTunnel, Xuande is in the top 5. He handles more transactions than "the average trader", so by sheer volume, traders like him and myself experience more scams.
Recently, there has been an influx of scams from international sources, this has resulted in those being affected attempting to rectify the situation. That is why Xaunde's suggestion received so many upvotes.

It is risky to speak on topics you have limited experience in. Calling traders 'idiotic' for making suggestions with examples and factual basis is immature behavior.
I made plenty of direct points that you're conveniently ignoring while making vague appeals to "unknowable information", and yes I chose to make personal comments because you and Xuande continue to shotgun self interested only"suggestions" all over the site under the guise of "totally honest help".

While at the exact same time, recently, website staff had to step in and tell you to shut the fuck up and stop impersonating / acting like a moderator, remember? Pepperidge farms does. You two can continue circle jerking each other and Redbot and Teichou can see my feedback and do with it what they please.

It's not just me and Xuande; many traders are affected, as indicated by the upvotes I mentioned earlier.
Take a moment to consider your mindset.

The staff intervened in a misunderstanding and I had been apologiezed to prior. If you continue to personally attack people on this site, you will be labeled as reckless.

While you make it difficult in testing my patience, I am trying to be as kind to you as I can.
As per my point proven above by facts yet again, you are incorrect in your judgement.

If all you can do is attack others peronally with zero factual basis, I am personally discounting your opinion.

Last edited:
You two can continue circle jerking each other and Redbot and Teichou can see my feedback and do with it what they please.

I'm sorry to say, but because someone does not agree with you does not give you the right to resort to sexually explicit verbal attacks.
What does your feedback have to do with your opinions? I never discounted your opinions based off your feedback, it was based off integrity.

Last edited:

Your first point is wrong. If you are from Malaysia, you can still contact local authorities in the US and try to press charges. The US actually does something about fraud. Maybe not as much as they should, but they do do something. However, if a US person wants to take action against a person from say, mainland China, what can they do? Nothing.

The issue is verified gives the veneer of people being able to take legal action, when there might not really be any.

Your part about the country you verified from being posted not being something you agreed to is valid. However, there is an easy solution to that, make every account show the country it is from.

You find it baffling that in the last few years a few power sellers have been able to push for changes that protect buyers and sellers. I find it baffling that you don't want to protect buyers and sellers.

To each their own.

Do not support your point of view. As a seller, how to avoid being deceived. As a buyer, how to buy safe and cheap goods or services. It can be said that there is no seller who has not been deceived and caused losses. It has nothing to do with the state. There are scammers in any country that cannot be avoided. We know you're angry that you've been scammed. Because of the large number of people from other countries who sell, buyers can buy goods at the right price for them. It's a level playing field. If you don't want to sell or buy goods from other countries. You can suggest that admins set up seller settings, block people from other countries from seeing my posts, and more. In other countries, when the salesperson did not carry out the sale of KRONO. Our Forum. On sale krono.price $14-$16、and other goods、How much is it now! 2 months ago

The flags may not be working correctly unfortunately Agnew. It has already been shown that traders are changing their flags back and fourth at will, and as far as I understand, as I see no warnings for them, there is no recourse.

Last edited:
It is recommended to add a window to block people from other countries from viewing my posts and sending messages in the seller settings. The location of the ground should not be exposed. Exposing the location of the ground can pose a significant risk to the privacy of people

People who make refunds in bad faith. I'll block them. The next time they come to me for a transaction, they won't be able to send me a payment. Before the payment was received. I won't send goods.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back