• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

WTS 60 Enc w/ Epic Fully Geared w/ alts! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ozarsk

Caveat Emptor: UNVERIFIED
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything you ever wanted on enc, every slot something decent. No velious equipment.
Epic
Jboots
Hate Gear
Tons of alt items , Rog epic on an alt rog to low to use since patch
PRICE DROP $250 Paypal Gift
No RMT EVER on this account and no bad run ins with the server.

SMS not set so your able to always reset your password.
I should have 1 feedback from selling here already but guy didnt leave it =(

Last edited:
You can't reset the password if you retrieve the account forum info which is locked into the account, that's why GMs set it up this way, to deter RMT. So saying that you can reset the password is not true, only true if you don't retrieve the forum login with email.

You won't be able to retrieve the password, but the buyer will never be able to change it. So its still safe in a sense. I probably should add that .

I would like to try and clarify what I think QuantumPhysics is saying. There are 4 components to completely securing the account. 1. EQ Emu account login and password. 2. Actual P99 account login and password. 3. The EQ emu associated email 4. SMS number set

If you are delivered an account that gives you 1, 2, not 3, and 4, you can take control of the account, login to the EQ emu dashboard, set SMS on the EQ Emu dashobard, and queue a password reset via SMS. However, since you don't have the associated email, when you queue a password reset via SMS, it will send a confirmation prompt to the email that you can't access. If you had the email you could immediately confirm password reset, but you don't. It defaults to resetting the password anyhow in 7 days if no confirmation.

But, if the original owner eventually changes there mind, and would like to try and take the account back, they can reset the EQ EMU login info via original email, and reclaim EQ Emu access. At this point, they have access to the EQ Emu dashboard, and you don't. They can't change the p99 login password, since SMS number can currently not be reset. However you can't access the EQ Emu dashboard to initiate future p99 login server password resets. It ends up in a situations where original owner can't actually log in to the account, but you can never again change your password.

That is the exact situation I am currently in with an account I bought here. I bought account, reset password, proceeded to play and enjoy. However, about 9 months later, original owner tested the waters and reset the EQ Emu password via the email they had, but I did not. Had I not set SMS, they would have been able to, and stole the account back. Since I set the SMS, they can't ever actually log in to P99, but I can never again reset the password.

This puts me in a situation where I can play the character, but long term investment in it is dubious. If p99 staff ever ends up changing the rules, and allowing a straight up email password reset bypassing SMS, original owner can take the account back.

I am not trying to flame OP's thread, or cast doubts upon his intentions. I am just trying to clarify why having BOTH the SMS set capability, and the associated email access is such a huge deal. I think most people that sell accounts here are honestly quitting and looking to divest from p99, just unfortunately didn't know not to use an important email when they set up the account. Unfortunately, the account I referenced buying in my situation, was bought from a piece of festering-trash-of-humanity, plotting, scumbag. I just hope that if p99 does make the change to be able to reset passwords via email only, they give us a heads up before implementation. That way I can delete everything on the account, before said scumbag gets it back.

Tikihuts has a very unfortunate situation, unfortunately that's the risk you have to take if you really want that account and hope that the original account owner never comes back, hopefully you get to have a decent conversation with the person before doing the transaction to figure out if they're having doubts or not about coming back to P99.

I have sold an account without supplying the email address and it's been perfectly fine with the buyer, just don't be a scumbag and try to "recover" your account in some way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back