• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

Well... (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got hit with a banstick too. I bought some plat and gear from a guy that supposedly according to platlord's website stated was selling stolen items/plat. Took about a month or so before they hit me wtih a ban. So long p1999, it was fun while it lasted!

I got hit with a banstick too. I bought some plat and gear from a guy that supposedly according to platlord's website stated was selling stolen items/plat. Took about a month or so before they hit me wtih a ban. So long p1999, it was fun while it lasted!

Yeah that one got a lot of people hit awhile back now... Pretty unreliable to buy from there =(

Even though I don't agree with the rmt bans at all since the GM's have specifically stated before that they know who the big time sellers are (platlord) and they do nothing to stop them, only the buyers lol. I sense there's something going on under the table.

Buying straight pp always causes the problem in the end.
I was going to post that on forum since I see lots people are buying straight pp recklessly now days. Well I wouldn't unless it's been laundried. If you have question about how to laundry , PM me for detail I'll gladly help out.

just an FYI my account was banned and many others. You have been warned.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you usually going to have an easier time finding what you want at a lower rate with a big supplier? YES. Is the risk substantially higher if you go through someone moving large amounts? YES.

If you want the safest possible option - don't RMT. The next 'safest' thing is to buy items and sell them in-game yourself. But keep in mind what I said in the above statement.

I guess I just don't understand why these threads pop up every few months. The GM's on P99 aren't exactly friendly or helpful. It's a dictatorship with those guys so the odds are stacked against you.

If you want the safest possible option - don't RMT. The next 'safest' thing is to buy items and sell them in-game yourself. But keep in mind what I said in the above statement.

Honestly, this is huge. Don't RMT on P99. They track everything you do when logged in as well as your computer/connection information. Buying items is not really safer either. If the seller is caught, which most eventually are, they will ban the people they traded items to as well.

Rogean is platlord or they have some type of connection. How do I know? I buy a crown of tranix and cof from him. Through emails i tell him to meet me in freeport. Upon loggin in my mule is in grobb. He sends me a tell asking where Iam, I say grobb. Leavin grobb now I will run to freeport right now. He says stay there. 1 min later a lvl 1 troll not even anon logs in and hands me the items. If this was plat I would have thought he has plat on mules all over. But for the fact he just happened to have another cof and tranix crown on another mule struck me as wierd.
My guess? He strips banned characters and puts their plat/items on mules. That way he aint creating shit out of thin air to inflate the market.

Ok, a couple things I wanted to clear up. First off if you are going to RMT, use proxies. Do not continue to sign in with your IP. Especially if you are a seller. Secondly, I am almost positive Rogean is not Platlord. Platlord has been around for some time and if you look up the information on him, he supposedly gained a big amount of his wealth from DDoS attacks that would cause an item dupe bug from what people who have been around for some time will say. Now I'm not saying Platlord and Rogean don't have some kind of agreement but as far as Ive seen Platlord seemed to be hit by the last big wave of RMT bans. Also I'm pretty sure Rogean wouldn't have to spent the time stripped banned characters as he could create the items out of thin air. On a final note, that is not how plat lord operated when I dealt with him a year or so ago.

First off if you are going to RMT, use proxies.

This alone will not save you. The .dll hook that P99 uses gathers your computer's information; windows user name, computer name, local network name, and possibly the MAC address. They know how people try to hide things and they will spend the time to track the flow of money/items. I know this from experience. I've have characters banned and also characters exonerated based on the things listed. Making an extra account to act as an intermediary will also not work. They have logs to show character creation and deletion dates, who logged into what account and character (which computer and IP), and trade logs. If you care about your account and will be upset if you lose it, just don't RMT here.

This alone will not save you. The .dll hook that P99 uses gathers your computer's information; windows user name, computer name, local network name, and possibly the MAC address. They know how people try to hide things and they will spend the time to track the flow of money/items. I know this from experience. I've have characters banned and also characters exonerated based on the things listed. Making an extra account to act as an intermediary will also not work. They have logs to show character creation and deletion dates, who logged into what account and character (which computer and IP), and trade logs. If you care about your account and will be upset if you lose it, just don't RMT here.

This is accurate. if you think RMT is safe, you're wrong. It's not safe. the only reason to do it is if you are aware of and prepared to handle the fact that you can/will get banned. There is no sure way to protect yourself other than not RMTing.

I'd like to add that even though it is not a sure thing... I actually got just around 100k plat before the big ban waves, spent over half of it and still haven't been caught up with ( even though the plat did get hit in the wave). What did I do? nothing I just spent it and got help to transfer from a random ECer. All luck I guess, maybe it will catch up with me maybe not but I couldn't care too much anyways!

As stated don't RMT if you don't want to lose your shit.

Was well aware of the risks of participating in RMT. Just strikes me as odd over the past year I've bought plat several times from random sellers here, and platlord.. 2 days after buying from p99sales I was banned. Just giving people a "buyer beware" before buying from him.

Was well aware of the risks of participating in RMT. Just strikes me as odd over the past year I've bought plat several times from random sellers here, and platlord.. 2 days after buying from p99sales I was banned. Just giving people a "buyer beware" before buying from him.

According to platlord's website, it says that p99sales was using stolen goods/accounts to sell stuff. I got hit with a ban also and i only bought from p99sales.

According to platlord's website, it says that p99sales was using stolen goods/accounts to sell stuff. I got hit with a ban also and i only bought from p99sales.

And I bet if you ask p99sales, he'll probably say platlord sells stolen goods too lol.

I've bought and sold for over a year with random people on this site. I've never had any trouble and I never got banned until right after I bought a Fungi from p99sales, go figure.

I've bought and sold for over a year with random people on this site. I've never had any trouble and I never got banned until right after I bought a Fungi from p99sales, go figure.

I think that buying from your average player comes along with less risk but there is still a good amount of risk. All it takes is for either the buyer or seller to do one wrong transaction, such as selling/buying from a known (by GMs) RMT'er either knowingly or unknowingly, and then it's linked to you. The GMs follow the pipeline of trades and that one transaction you did for 10kpp(arbitrary) or a fungi with no item/money traded will need to be explained. It could be tomorrow or a year from now when you had long forgotten you even bought it or who you bought it from. They will ban you first, ask questions later (if you petition), and unless you have a way to prove that the money was given to you for an in-game purchase you'll stay banned. They ask for specific details. You also have to remember that not everyone is who they say they are here and even the full time sellers can make new accounts/threads appearing to be just someone wanting to cash out on leaving the server.

Honestly, nothing can really save you but I have never had any trouble with any bannings for RMT on P1999 and have used various services plenty of times. I try to always use a proxy server, it will be your safest bet IF you don't care about the risks of RMT. Plat lord is able to continue to operate due to using proxy servers and majority of your user name/ anything else can be changed quite easily. I'm not advocating RMT by any means, because I rarely do it anymore, but there is plenty of people who have gotten away with RMT by taking safe measures. They do keep logs of majority of the information but they will not ban you just for the hell of it because a log looks suspicious. They treat it with the same regard as using hacks on P99, someone might petition you but you won't get the ban hammer until they show up and actively watch you hacking unless you are using MQ2 that is detectable and then it is an instant ban. On a final note, which happened in most your cases with P99sales is that someone had figured out who the player was, as he was a well known player in a top guild, and reported him and filed a petition to have him checked out. The GM's then traced all of the recent transactions from accounts that had been logged by that user or items traded by that user's account. Since it is claimed that P99sales has made over $47K or so in the past couple months with RMT, it is easy to think that he had to deal with atleast 400 players over time. That also includes innocent victims who were friends of people who RMTed and then asked for a transfer which can easily total up 400+ accounts in a matter of a few days. For them to pay attention to every transaction doesn't make too much sense because there has to be over 500 transactions per day for people just asking friends to transfer items for them. I literally do about 10+ a day for friends if I am sitting in EC that day, without going through all my logs and tells you wouldn't know if it was RMT or I'm just helping a friend and that is too much work for every individual log with the amount of GM's atm. AS I SAID I do not advocate RMT but I do know that people are going to do it regardless and these are some ideas to make it less likely for you to get caught. 1. If you are going to RMT, do NOT buy from a big seller- Their prices are often inflated like hell and it takes one person to give away of their main mules to get all the accounts linked to it banned. 2. Do not buy platinum, a large amount of platinum may look very suspect if they are tracking logs, which if they are they will be looking for LARGE amounts of platinum with no conversation in between that seems like you are just doing a transfer for a friend or whatever. When I started here and I bought a few items to get myself going, I always bought items and never had any problems. 3. Use a proxy server, as the GMs have said previous posts, they are watching IPs but they will have a harder time tracking IPs if you are using proxies. This has been shown by someone from Red who stripped someone's account and the GM's had to go back and relay which IP's were logged in. The proxy showed up as a different user but due to the fact the person had already logged in under his IP 10 minutes before they had narrowed down the person. This also goes with how plat lord keeps his operation running- IP mask, mules and much more.

They will not ban you simply because you randomly got a fungi from someone or platinum. People trade their fungi's between twinks, let people borrow them, and all other types of stuff. I get random people asking me to do transfers all the time just because I'm high level and decently known, never once ate any bans.

- - - Updated - - -

Also there are ways to get the .dll hook to not load on your system or to send false information. I won't explain how it is done here but a google search will show you the various methods.

2. Do not buy platinum, a large amount of platinum may look very suspect if they are tracking logs, which if they are they will be looking for LARGE amounts of platinum with no conversation in between that seems like you are just doing a transfer for a friend or whatever. When I started here and I bought a few items to get myself going, I always bought items and never had any problems. 3. Use a proxy server, as the GMs have said previous posts, they are watching IPs but they will have a harder time tracking IPs if you are using proxies.

I agree with most of what you said, but I had an account banned for a 5k trade and I was using a VPN and proxy (because I had to at the time due to work firewall restrictions) and a computer that had never logged into any other EQ account. It was a legitimate trade but I guess the money originated from an RMT'er that got caught. It took almost a month to get the account unbanned and I had to prove that it was a legitimate trade which was very hard to do. So, the size of the trade does not matter. And yes, you can trick the .dll file but your average user isn't going to know how to do it and I think we're addressing the general public in this thread which means little to no technical knowledge. The more you know...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back