• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

Live (normal server) @VirtualWorkshop - PSA (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proxy

The Wanderer
BANNED
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
I just wanted to put this out there for everyone to discuss. I'd like to get a sense of what the community here has to say about this.

I listed a rogue for sale here recently as well as some plat, and I got the following PM from one of our forum members as a result. This person claims to be speaking for a majority of you, so I thought we should put that to the test.

I'd like to know where the regular sellers/traders here stand on this. Lets hear you're thoughts and reactions to this PM I recieved. I'd also like to hear what the regular buyers have to say as well, so feel free to chime in.

I'm reserving my own opinions on this until others geta chance to air their own thoughts.

Virtual_Workshop.jpg

If those who sell plat want to coordinate a price floor, go for it. I don't see the need to post PMs though when you can accomplish the same thing by just asking what people think about established price floors. Free markets always find a way.

Does this below apply from the Redguides rules? I got a message from him today also stating the exact same thing.

General Rules
While using RedGuides.com's buy/sell/trade forums you will never:

Manipulate the price of any item or interfere with other user's listings.

Does this below apply from the Redguides rules? I got a message from him today also stating the exact same thing.

General Rules

Fair question.

I never got a message like that (selling usually at .9 per 1k) but im unverified

Its kind of a weird situation. I think most people that play on phinny know a krono sells for between 10500 and 11k. Usually most people sell krono for under that price.

I am not slandering anyone. I merely posted information you claimed you had already shared with the majority of forums users, and got their blessing on. This should not be new information to the majority here right?

I am polling the community to get their take on this. I am both an avid buyer and seller here so I can see a few different sides of this.

I believe transparency is key for this site to remain the premier spot to buy/sell EQ goods.

Also consider that if due to seller agreements pricing is commonly found above Market level then sellers will turn to other sites/PA to buy their goods. Competition between sellers is healthy for everyone.

General Rules

Nothing is being manipulated, it's a suggestion. I think one or two out of every ten people has an issue with me asking this of them.

- - - Updated - - -

I am not slandering anyone. I merely posted information you claimed you had already shared with the majority of forums users, and got their blessing on. This should not be new information to the majority here right?

I am polling the community to get their take on this. I am both an avid buyer and seller here so I can see a few different sides of this.

I believe transparency is key for this site to remain the premier spot to buy/sell EQ goods.

Private pm's aren't meant for public, and yes you're slandering me. I'd also fight you irl because you seem to want a piece of me. You're some no-name who just abuses his fakemod power and attacks people publicly over and over and keeps getting away with it.

This is the 4th time you've publicly slandered me, you have to be the most immature piece of trash on this entire forum.

Where the hell do you get off making threads with people's names and private messages in them?

I understand that you were suggesting that I change my pricing, but saying "The majority of traders here have agreed to not go below $1 per 1k publicly" is what I was talking about when linking the rules on price manipulation. Feels shady to me.

I think its unrealistic to hope other people hold out for certain prices. I think the rogue has been on the market for a week plus unsold. If it was worth more someone ideally would of snatched it up at 400ish where it started. It seems really hard to find out fair values as final sale prices are never posted / people probably get negotiated down / some people never put a actual price on the char. I wouldnt even know where to start if I wanted to sell accounts or characters. There was also the announcement of a new progression server in the last few days so I definately wouldnt blame anyone for lowering their prices and taking what they can get.

Whatever the case may be between you and TPS, in regards to your claim VirtualWorkshop... I see no slander here.

Just because something may make you look bad, doesn't make it slander. Slander is based on some false statement by the originator. All that TPS did was post your private message. If your private messages make you look bad, you shouldn't be sending them.

Sorry if posting this PM from VirtualWorkshop upset anyone other than VW.

My goal was to shine some light on what I consider to be a shady practice. It would appear that there are many who think this is a legitimate tactic for traders, so I apologize.

I am locking this thread, Redguides supports the member base and if anyone has an issue with another user or Mod please feel free to contact me or Maskoi or Redbot or simply click the REPORT icon at the bottom of the incident. On behalf of the team of Mods here at Redguides all working to ensure your safety and Drama free experience here at Redguides let me be clear, Do not post personal information because you are in a disagreement with a user or mod. It will end up here. Be nice to each other or go away. Drama will not be tolerated. If you think otherwise you will be in for a rude awakening.

Raz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back