• You've discovered EC Tunnel šŸ’µšŸ«±šŸ»ā€šŸ«²šŸ¾ a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community šŸ˜‡ If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character šŸ§™ā€ā™‚ļø you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! šŸ‘‹

Suspicious Verified User Rhayge Filing claim after receiving 10 krono (1 Viewer)

last message from them with a reply of the above
1663861925748.png

I feel it necessary to point out that selling virtual goods is against PayPal's Terms of Service. Many Krono/EverQuest Account sellers have been banned from the platform to engaging in RMT activity.
Goods/Services will send the buyer's home address to sellers. I don't want that information. PayPal will also prompt Sellers that receive G/S payments for shipping/tracking information until you enter it in the system. I've had a buyer send via Goods/Services, on PayPal I enter "no tracking information required," and then he claimed he never received his goods. I had NO recourse because I couldn't prove that virtual goods were delivered without getting deplatformed from PayPal for engaging in RMT.

FnF buyers pay a fee to send money. There are ways to avoid paying the fee (using a bank account instead of debit card/credit card) but Goods/Services payments charge a fee to the recipient regardless of the source. We'd have to charge $14+ for krono for it to be worthwhile and then it's not worth it to buyers. Fees are HIGHER for G/S.

So unless you want to open yourself up to more risk, less money, pay to ship envelopes with tracking information to buyers' home addresses, and deal with a massive headache then I urge you to drop that line of thought and stick with FnF.

I have stated this a few times. The money for me
is not on hold. The open case is a pending chargeback. These support helpers don't understand because it's not for a hold it's for a chargeback.

I will contact support when free and see what they have to say about the open case I suppose.

I feel it necessary to point out that selling virtual goods is against PayPal's Terms of Service.
I know that was the case 5-10 years ago, but at this point I see PayPal policies for both digital goods & digital downloads in a dispute like this? I'm not sure that covers exactly what we're talking about, though.

Looks like the case was resolved:

We've decided the case in your favor
If there was a hold on this transaction, it has been removed.

Sorry you had to deal all that Rhayge I'm sure it was more of a pain in your ass than any of ours. Happy to sell to you in the future if you need anything!

-M

I know that was the case 5-10 years ago, but at this point I see PayPal policies for both digital goods & digital downloads in a dispute like this? I'm not sure that covers exactly what we're talking about, though.
It's still the case. You can use paypal to pay for digital goods/services like digital playstation store games or from an authorized storefront but they will ban you without recourse for engaging in video game RMT. People on EpicNPC get popped all the time.
They are not a registered bank or subject to the same regulations. You are at their mercy. I'm not going to be the one to poke the master in hopes that he changes his mind. It's not a hill I care to die on. Getting scammed is a part of RMT and you've got to account for shrink in your pricing.
Verification and the hopes that people don't want their name to show up in google results as some lame digital scammer is a layer of protection. You can't google the Fitzgeralds without their situation here in the top results.

Additionally- yeah, I don't ever want buyers' home addresses. Ever. Not once. Not ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back