• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

Suspicious Verified User Rhayge Filing claim after receiving 10 krono (1 Viewer)

Rating - 100%
184   0   0
Username(s) of the accused
Rhayge
When did the issue occur?
4:48 am PST
Link to transaction thread
Was in PM
Value of property in dispute
10 krono / 90 USD
I will provide all the details to the public soon. Right now it is private with mods in hopes that he starts talking.

Right now just awareness if he tries to scam anyone else at the moment.

Odd that someone who is verified would submit a chargeback over 90.00. Perhaps it is a misunderstanding, we should give them the benefit of the doubt temporarily until more is known about the situation.

Reason being, It is not uncommon for scammers and their family members to receive messages from upset traders who have been scammed. Their I.D. / Address / All contacts including Family phone numbers and addresses / Facebooks / Paypal intervene on their account for fraud if assailed typically results in a lifetime ban.

Unfortunately 98% of traders that decide to go rogue do not understand the implications of these particular actions. I have been working in the business long enough to see what comes of these "scammers" -

90% of the time the result: Finding out the repercussions are more serious and life long, usually resulting in claims that it was a miss click or "My wife did it" or my cat jumped on my keyboard.

play piano GIF by Internet Cat Video Festival

Which as you can tell is technically possible

My life advice: Cancel chargeback/Refund Choz

Last edited:
Wasnt sure if i should start a new thread or bump this. I'm potentially being scammed by this same user.
Username(s) of the accused: Rhayge
When did the issue occur? September 18th
Link to transaction thread: character no longer listed, have PMs & emails
Value of property in dispute: account, $180

There was a red flag with this guy I should not have ignored, right before he paid he emailed me and asked to give him the account details via email NOT on the EC site. But also continued PMs with me here after the sale to wrap things up. He claims his paypal was hacked, but his email would have to have been hacked as well because I got a very strange email from him the night of the dispute which he then told me to "disregard" as it was the "hacker". He claims the dispute should be resolved in 3-5 days, but it's been 3 days and I see no evidence at all that he has tried to stop the paypal payment dispute.

Given that the payment was a friends & family payment would it be a bad idea for me to try and dispute this with paypal? If i prove proof he did get a product delivered well then isn't that a violation of the friends and family policy to start with?

He also said he had some issues with paypal when they locked his account because he had suspicious transaction. Keep in mind if this is true PayPal will take a week or so to let the funds go.

He also said he had some issues with paypal when they locked his account because he had suspicious transaction. Keep in mind if this is true PayPal will take a week or so to let the funds go.
He never said that with me, he said someone hacked into his paypal account and started the payment dispute/chargeback, which makes no sense to me. As it stands now after 10 days he automatically gets those funds back

Yea I was always told fnf was the best route, not sure why this has changed. But then again, first time ive really had an issue with a verified or even anyone in many years.

fnf is used cuz the person who you send money to does not pay a fee...the person sending money has to pay the fee.

fnf is used cuz the person who you send money to does not pay a fee...the person sending money has to pay the fee.
Not accurate. Nether party pays a free assuming they are both in the USA.

I use FnF because I thought it was harder to charge back. Apparently that's not true, either.

When sending money via “friends and family”, if the person sending the money is using a credit or debit card then the payor is charged a 2.9% fee with the option to pass that fee on to the recipient of the money. If the payor is paying from their bank account, they can send money to anyone in the US for no fee.

my point is using goods and services would protect everyone better but no one wants to cover the fees.

my point is using goods and services would protect everyone better but no one wants to cover the fees.
Yeah I'm more than happy to do that moving forward, but that's not exactly helpful when the standard has clearly been FnF payments on this planform since before I even joined.

So you're saying just take the loss, our "verification" means nothing, and it's my fault for using the payment standards that were in place here when i joined?

I never said anything like any of that. verification is a big deal here. it works well. We dont have many issues with users who have done verification....HOW EVER I have no control over the money and how it works with what ever service you agree to. I can only give out all the information and state what I think.

also if the user is scamming my users I will ban him. Right now I am in the train of thought of...I HOPE what he has said to me is true and everyone's money will be set free soon!

also if the user is scamming my users I will ban him. Right now I am in the train of thought of...I HOPE what he has said to me is true and everyone's money will be set free soon!
Yes I hope his lies are true too, but dude I got scammed a lot in the early 2000's and this is what it looks like.

you can TRY to take it up with paypal. Talk to them see what they say.

On my end I am giving it a few more days before we do something about it here.

you can TRY to take it up with paypal. Talk to them see what they say.

On my end I am giving it a few more days before we do something about it here.

Here's the thing though, that I have mentioned. It was a "Friends and family" payment. So what am i supposed to say to paypal? I can prove a product was delivered, but WOOPS FnF is not for that, so im fucked?

You don't seem to get it, this guy is basically stealing $200 from me in slow motion using your "verified" badge to do it. There's nothing I can do because I used the same payment method everyone on the site seems to use.

I cant say one way or the other on that. I have seen some users win and some lose. Best I can say is talk to paypal...tell them what the deal is. I hope you get your money. If you dont and @rhayge does not make it right we will do our best to give you all the information we can about the user and he will not be welcome back to ECT

I mean if you sold him an account, you can probably get that account banned, I can get the accnt he purchased the krono on banned. And my buddy in real life will most likely destroy this guys real life until he begs him to stop just because he doesn't play games with scammers. So this dude better think twice.

yes there was a fee for FnF, and same as with Choz, I have told PP to give mrmelkor his money and they are saying the same thing, 3-5 days.. the money had been declined to be returned and placed on hold for that timeframe, I dont know why, it should be immediately given to these guys, its not on my CC either. At the end of all this I hope its water under the bridge and people aren't upset over PP policy of holding money unnecessarily longer then it should.

yes there was a fee for FnF, and same as with Choz, I have told PP to give mrmelkor his money and they are saying the same thing, 3-5 days.. the money had been declined to be returned and placed on hold for that timeframe, I dont know why, it should be immediately given to these guys, its not on my CC either. At the end of all this I hope its water under the bridge and people aren't upset over PP policy of holding money unnecessarily longer then it should.
I won't be mad in the least assuming what you're saying is true. And to be fair this would be a weird way to try and scam people, normally the scammers just float off they don't try and defend themselves. Do you know who hacked you? because the email I got was a very "eq-player" type of email complained about how the server was dead and players were toxic etc.

after all this is said and done and made right, I am going to update all my accounts with PP, EQT, etc to a new email, so this wont occur again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back