• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

Suspicious Al'Kabor Project User Dagnor - clear example of a scammer (1 Viewer)

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Username(s) of the accused
dagnor
When did the issue occur?
8 March 2024
Link to transaction thread
https://ectunnel.com/community/threads/quarm-40s-enc-30ish-war.102302/
Value of property in dispute
$450
BLUF: Pretty straightforward example of a scammer who is still active on the board. Bought the account after a friendly back and forth conversation, screenshots attached for your enjoyment.

The last message I received from "him" was on Friday 8 March stating: "hopping in shower lemme know when sent".

Identity:
  • Dagnor is Verified on this forum but has no feedback
  • His Zelle name is listed as *removed per forum rules* and he purportedly banks with Wells Fargo
  • He uses the gmail account fr*****sh@gmail.com
  • Gaia ID : 116583244473915759527
  • His Google account has maps activated, so I've got an index of his google maps activity (dumb move)
  • No profile picture, calendar, or reviews has been set/submitted so this is clearly a throwaway gmail account
Recent Activity:
  • Last seen on ECTunnel at 10:00 EST (Today at 9:54 AM · Engaged in conversation
  • Last Gmail profile edit : 2024/02/13 19:19:38 (UTC)
Action:
  • I have submitted fraud claims with both Chase Bank and Wells Fargo. The account is linked to Zelle so his identity is known to the banks and they are reviewing the case file. I am located in Washington DC so it is an interstate issue that I might report to my local FBI field office.
  • Annoyingly I didn't go for the $500 because that would have qualified this as more than petty theft. Would have bene the best $50 I ever spent lol. This should qualify for a misdemeanor petty theft second degree though.
Follow up:
  • I work in cybersecurity so will be having fun tracking this guy down with my new team starting tomorrow morning. Nothing like a little challenge that has a personal touch to it to get everyone excited about our work :)
  • I am really hoping to get a hold of his employer and/or next of kin, knowing full well that this might be his full time job though.
  • @Redbot if possible, please track his IP address as he's been online and engaged in conversation (probably to scam others) a few times since going dark on me.

Attachments

• Zelle Confirmation.png
    Zelle Confirmation.png
    159 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 1 - 2024-03-10 at 10.44.37 AM.png
    Screenshot 1 - 2024-03-10 at 10.44.37 AM.png
    209.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2 - 2024-03-10 at 10.44.50 AM.png
    Screenshot 2 - 2024-03-10 at 10.44.50 AM.png
    257.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 3 - 2024-03-10 at 10.45.02 AM.png
    Screenshot 3 - 2024-03-10 at 10.45.02 AM.png
    274.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 4 - 2024-03-10 at 10.45.19 AM.png
    Screenshot 4 - 2024-03-10 at 10.45.19 AM.png
    169.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 5 -  2024-03-10 at 10.45.27 AM.png
    Screenshot 5 - 2024-03-10 at 10.45.27 AM.png
    150.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 5 - 2024-03-10 at 10.45.46 AM.png
    Screenshot 5 - 2024-03-10 at 10.45.46 AM.png
    343.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sorry if that has happened to you, you have my condolences.
It's commendable that you have compiled a collection of personal information - however, it is important to note that releasing any personal information without staff authorization is against policy.

BLUF: Pretty straightforward example of a scammer who is still active on the board. Bought the account after a friendly back and forth conversation, screenshots attached for your enjoyment.

The last message I received from "him" was on Friday 8 March stating: "hopping in shower lemme know when sent".

Identity:
  • Dagnor is Verified on this forum but has no feedback
  • His Zelle name is listed as *removed per forum rules* and he purportedly banks with Wells Fargo
  • He uses the gmail account fr*****sh@gmail.com
  • Gaia ID : 116583244473915759527
  • His Google account has maps activated, so I've got an index of his google maps activity (dumb move)
  • No profile picture, calendar, or reviews has been set/submitted so this is clearly a throwaway gmail account
Recent Activity:
  • Last seen on ECTunnel at 10:00 EST (Today at 9:54 AM · Engaged in conversation
  • Last Gmail profile edit : 2024/02/13 19:19:38 (UTC)
Action:
  • I have submitted fraud claims with both Chase Bank and Wells Fargo. The account is linked to Zelle so his identity is known to the banks and they are reviewing the case file. I am located in Washington DC so it is an interstate issue that I might report to my local FBI field office.
  • Annoyingly I didn't go for the $500 because that would have qualified this as more than petty theft. Would have bene the best $50 I ever spent lol. This should qualify for a misdemeanor petty theft second degree though.
Follow up:
  • I work in cybersecurity so will be having fun tracking this guy down with my new team starting tomorrow morning. Nothing like a little challenge that has a personal touch to it to get everyone excited about our work :)
  • I am really hoping to get a hold of his employer and/or next of kin, knowing full well that this might be his full time job though.
  • @Redbot if possible, please track his IP address as he's been online and engaged in conversation (probably to scam others) a few times since going dark on me.
If you get a dispute back from the bank its a bit harder to press charges, the bank would have to seek damages.
Without disputing and have time/money to burn you can get wire fraud charges vs petty theft.

That's exactly the advise I got from an LEO friend of mine earlier today. Wire fraud is an entirely different process and involves the feds who I am most likely going to contact tomorrow. I'll await @Redbot's advice before doing anything as I consider the money to be effectively long gone but not the criminal charges.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back