• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

Aradune TurtleCrusher - User sold account - now account has been taken back/unaccessible. (1 Viewer)

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Under Investigation
Username(s) of the accused
TurtleCrusher
When did the issue occur?
Friday
Link to transaction thread
https://ectunnel.com/community/threads/level-60-raid-geared-epicd-necro.84598/
Value of property in dispute
425$
I think I've waited long enough to post here. I sent a message to user on Friday, Saturday, Sunday. No Response.

[IMG]https://ectunnel.com/community/data/xfa/customusernameicons/icons/tick.png[/IMG]EQnerd18388

Verified

JoinedApr 25, 2018Messages29
Rating - 100%
13 0 0
Friday at 4:24 PM
Did you take back this account? I can no longer access it when I tried to log in to check out luclin. Not sure what my next steps should be, should i flag in paypal?

Quote Reply

E
[IMG]https://ectunnel.com/community/data/xfa/customusernameicons/icons/tick.png[/IMG]EQnerd18388
Verified

Rating - 100%
13 0 0
Friday at 12:31 AM
Hello?

Quote Reply

E
Verified

Rating - 100%
13 0 0
Saturday at 1:06 AM
????

@TurtleCrusher hasn't been active since January. Is the sales thread still accessible?

@EQnerd18388 do you have his contact info? Phone or email? If you need help contacting him please pm me.

Last edited:
So what do we do in this situation. I have obviously not been active and i sold the account and everything was great. That was over 2 months ago .
No worries, sometimes DBG will lock out an account for weird reasons. Talk with @EQnerd18388 and see if there's some way to aid in recovery using the original email/phone/cc.

He also filed a claim with paypal 2 months after the transaction. I am willing to help in anyway with trying to recover the account for him, but at what lengths do you guys recommend i go to. Now i have issues with payal and i dont want to have issues with DBG if i do decide to go back and play EQ. This just seems a bit fishy to me . He mentioned he had to check with his wife when he bought the account , i just hope its not a way to try and get his money back.
1613613060819.png
1613613060819.png

Anyone hear what the actual issue is? The OP doesn't seem to be specific enough about how they know the account has an issue. Besides just not being able to log on.

Like if it were suspended, it would tell you?

If the password is incorrect, it would tell you?

It'll tell you if you need to set a phone number?

So, what kind of prompt is coming up here and have you tried logging in through the website to check if its forcing you to set a phone number or something? It seems like most of the time it's just something you gotta go onto the account through the website and fill in or verify something.

Im getting this error "There was an error completing your request. Please try again. "

Not sure what else I can do there. And yes, I filed a paypal claim after not hearing from you for 4 or 5 days, and the only way you responded was to submit something here.

To further, I found out when I logged on this character a few weeks later in a group, that the account that was sold was kicked from his guild for "Trying to sell his account". I wouldn't be surprised if someone that was involved in that did something causing this.

I asked him if there was anything that I needed to know about account / standing, he said a 7 day suspension a while back, nothing about the fact his account / character was already suspected of being sold.

he also said "This is my first time selling an account on here. So I want to make sure I do everything right and that I don't get screwed over or screw you over." I believe this isnt accurate, based on what information I have learned since, but who knows.

I'd be fine accepting the loss if i felt it was entered into with full transparency. And yes, when I make large financial decisions I always consult my wife. It's called a marriage and by talking to her about purchases prior to making them, I avoid the aftermath. I'm sure those married would understand this.

Last edited:
Have you tried adding a phone number to the account? If they feel an accounts security is vulnerable they will lock the account until two step is activated

That error your getting has nothing to do with him that’s something to do with your pc files , when your purchased the account did you change email and info on the account right away ? If so it probably did lock it also if you used a. Cc on the account right away that’s your bad daybreak probably did lock the account and your screwed none of the i information provided shows he screwed you what I read is your chance you took buying a account rtm transaction and then securing the account instantly caused your account to be banned , 2 months later I’d say he done nothing wrong. bud I just don’t see it you owe him to get his PayPal fixed and a apology in my reading I’m sorry RedBot if I’m out of line any but I don’t thing the accused did anything wrong I feel he got busted purchasing an account from daybreak and he trying to steal his money back that’s what I see and now it’s biting him in the ass too

did you log in through the patcher or skip patcher?

skipping patcher will give me a generic thing like that when something is wrong. When I go through patcher, it usually says you're suspended or you need to add authentication etc. It should say something there.

Lol my account wasnt' suspected of being sold. people notice toon with high lvl gear and a name change, its not hard to figure out who it was. You sound like you are trying to scam so now im posting all the pictures of your failed attempt. Attached are the pics of the thread post and the pics of this guy trying to scam me on paypal and get back half the amount he paid for account through payal.

Attachments

• eqaccount5.png
    eqaccount5.png
    121.5 KB · Views: 79
  • eqaccount6.png
    eqaccount6.png
    253.8 KB · Views: 73
Yes, I sent you a message and put half the amount down - as I wasnt sure where it was going to go. I can just continue with the paypal dispute and forget this whole thing, if thats the stance that will be taken.

I told you dude got busted and now he trying to scam guy he bought it from this is a easy solution here mods this should be closed

The guy lies to me on the sale, the account is already under suspicion, is booted from his guild where the entire guild knows why. People openly talk about in Group chat and inform me of all this. I try and play it cool and hope for the best. Then, when I have an issue, he goes 3-4 days without responding when I have an issue, only then responds to accuse me of trying to take it back because of my wife? This is ridiculous. I'll gladly be banned from this site if that's the way they handle things.

The guy lies to me on the sale, the account is already under suspicion, is booted from his guild where the entire guild knows why. People openly talk about in Group chat and inform me of all this. I try and play it cool and hope for the best. Then, when I have an issue, he goes 3-4 days without responding when I have an issue, only then responds to accuse me of trying to take it back because of my wife? This is ridiculous. I'll gladly be banned from this site if that's the way they handle things.

your not really proving nothing other then you tried to take your money back 2 months later

I go 3-4 days without response because i dont play eq anymore and i dont log on this site because im not selling or buying anything.

my suggestion to you is prove your true , petition daybreak to assist him in getting the account back if you really didn’t take it . post logs of the back and forth with daybreak and move forward if you don’t play anymore you have nothing to lose but both of you should know doing so will get account banned more then likely

How do I prove that it was him?

your assuming and accusing so that’s on you. If the account can’t be logged in do password reset on daybreak site if your Emails still on it you will get a password request if it isn’t then you would have got a emails changed email

I was trying to be helpful and offering my assistance until you opened a paypal claim trying to get his money back with these false accusations. If i contact DBG from an ip on the other side of the country i think that wouldnt look good.

Finally, i've timed out from not being able to reply.

Late last night i tried the link Red sent, it worked, i reset password and was fine. Around 12 Midnight or so I got another password reset request. I'm not sure who sent that one, but I didn't. So, Hopefully its not being taken back again. For now, I've closed the dispute in hopes that this user is not going to attempt to take the account back or cause harm to it.

Last time buying an account for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back