• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

Discussion ToFS Merc Quests (1 Viewer)

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Not sure how many views these discussion forums get but thought it would be a good place to start my question. I've been working my way through all the ToV merc quests and have them all completed now except for the ToFS ones. Reading around on various boards, it was my understanding that the merc quests were designed to be solod (molod) and that's what I've done up to this point. However, ToFS has me at an impass. I believe most of the drops you need for the merc quests are from mobs on the 5th floor. With each floor being keyed, this presents a huge problem for the solo player. As an example, the first floor is setup so that (as far as I've been able to accomplish) there is only one pull on the entire floor that's a single. Rarely is anyone else ever killing on the first floor so while I've killed this single mob well over 100 times, the key holder has never spawned in his place. At the rate this is going, it might take me a year to get a key just to the second floor playing solo. Not sure about the other keys but I'm guessing they will present similar issues.

None of the other ToV merc quests were like this as I was able to complete each zone (except for the sprite one in the great divide) in less than a day of playing.

So I guess the question is, does the ToFS Merc quest HAVE to be soloed or can it be done in a group?

I don't belong to a guild as I've never thiught it would be fair to a guild with me just popping on to play an hour or two here or there and not being able to devote 5+ hours at a single time to raids and such. If anyone reads this who is in the same boat as me and assuming these quests can be grouped, feel free to shoot me a tell and we can team up sometime. My toon is Dyspaire (115 mage} on Vox and I'm typically on between 11pm and 1am EST as well as during the afternoons some on Mon and Tue.

Would really like to get this done so I can continue the ToV earring progression so any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks everyone and take care.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back