• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

Tecnotic unresponsive and not logging on (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I once got a FNF reversed that I had sent to the wrong email address, 2 months after the fact. Granted the amount was a pittance, but I contacted them over the phone and offered all the facts calmly and politely and they hooked me up.

Don't think any of the accounts that were actively being PL'ed when banned will be reinstated. Only thing I can possibly see is an older account that he hadn't used recently, but was only connected by IP... would be to say that you must have shared the same IP information for awhile as this person, but that it wasn't him using it...

Claim you used to live near the area he lives in... and hope they'll lift the ban because it wasn't actively violating anything at the time.

Don't think any of the accounts that were actively being PL'ed when banned will be reinstated. Only thing I can possibly see is an older account that he hadn't used recently, but was only connected by IP... would be to say that you must have shared the same IP information for awhile as this person, but that it wasn't him using it...

Claim you used to live near the area he lives in... and hope they'll lift the ban because it wasn't actively violating anything at the time.

I mean you could have been using a Proxy IP address to get a better connection which could explain why your account is associated with the IP.

Yeah... if you weren't sitting in LGuk or caught as one of the accounts he was boxxing with macros... and it's an older account, make a story that is plausible... and stick to it. Be polite and just keep insisting you did nothing wrong, and were caught up in something because of this.

They hold the accounts liable for the actions taken on them. They IP banned him, but if your account wasn't actively caught doing anything, you might be able to get it back.

I wish you guys the best of luck. I have never had paypal refund me for scams if it involved virtual goods. I have been scammed for 2-3 thousand dollars over the years and the response from paypal has always been the same after an "investigation": If you approved the money transfer for virtual goods paypal won't do anything. If you did friends and family payment, even less. I fought it for over a month with paypal on multiple occasions and never got a dime back. My credit card company told me unless someone hacked into my paypal account to transfer the money, it's between me and paypal, not the credit card company.

I wish you guys the best of luck. I have never had paypal refund me for scams if it involved virtual goods. I have been scammed for 2-3 thousand dollars over the years and the response from paypal has always been the same after an "investigation": If you approved the money transfer for virtual goods paypal won't do anything. If you did friends and family payment, even less. I fought it for over a month with paypal on multiple occasions and never got a dime back. My credit card company told me unless someone hacked into my paypal account to transfer the money, it's between me and paypal, not the credit card company.

Yeah, luckily these transactions weren't huge like the 2-3k you are talking about. Just small stuff I think $139 was the maximum for the service. More for some of these accounts and stuff.

There are 2 things we got going for us though. We have the numbers (paypal has flagged Tecnotic's paypal account lots of times this last week) and most of us can claim we were paying for a service or an actual purchase of a video game and not virtual goods. Though I must admit all 3 do meld together a bit. I honestly don't care that much about the money. I just don't want Tecnotic to have it. That is the only thing that made me contact paypal.

Yeah... if you weren't sitting in LGuk or caught as one of the accounts he was boxxing with macros... and it's an older account, make a story that is plausible... and stick to it. Be polite and just keep insisting you did nothing wrong, and were caught up in something because of this.

They hold the accounts liable for the actions taken on them. They IP banned him, but if your account wasn't actively caught doing anything, you might be able to get it back.

I was on a bit of a hiatus, but I'm going to try this now for an account I got off him ages ago. Not super hopeful, but wouldn't mind the 30+ kronos worth of crap sitting on the char.

Someone above me mentioned continually insisting you are innocent.

This sounds silly - but it can work. Back in like 2011 or whatever when they had that ban/suspension wave for MQ during House of Thule a couple of our accounts got docked. I opened a support ticket (calling Sony even then was a useless effort) and just continually insisted that I was wrongfully included in the suspension and that I had done nothing. It was only a 1 week suspension but I got both suspensions lifted after a few days.

If you bother them enough eventually they want to make you happy so you stop bothering them..

I was on a bit of a hiatus, but I'm going to try this now for an account I got off him ages ago. Not super hopeful, but wouldn't mind the 30+ kronos worth of crap sitting on the char.
Let me know how it works out. I tried it, same situation, they just told me "they are well aware I got the account from Tecnotic on Redguides" and the final response was "Its not your account, we will not be releasing it to you."

Makes me think they might release it to him, since it wasnt involved but now hes banned here and I cant get his information to contact him.

Logan88, would you mind posting a screencap of that response? I've never heard of them giving that much info to someone like that. That'd be really interesting.

I wont post it publicly, I have probably already given too much information as obviously DBG does come on here and can easily find out who I am and my accounts now.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

I sent the screen shot to drunkmonkz. I never said I wouldnt show people, just dont want to plaster it on the forums publicly.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back