• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

Tecnotic unresponsive and not logging on (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Unsurprising to most including myself, Tecnotic is unresponsive and hasn't logged on for a couple of days now.

What are you guys doing to get your money back? I thought about filing a fraud claim with paypal but I am hesitating because I want to give this guy the benefit of doubt but this benefit of doubt is quickly fading with his unresponsiveness.

What will it take for Redbot to officially name this guy a scammer and post his info since he obviously isn't truely planning on paying us back.

EDIT:
Alright, we have given Tecnotic enough time now. I encourage everyone who sent money to Tecnotic within the last 60 days who lost it to send me a PM and I will give you instructions of how to hopefully recover losses through Paypal or at the very least give this guy hell on paypal/redguides. I encourage you all to file the report/call paypal within the next few days (today would be best). Remember to dodge calling this virtual goods with paypal. This was a service you paid for that you never received.

Redbot, I ask you to do your worst to this guy. Can we get his information released to the public since this guy clearly took a lot of people's money and ran?

Last edited:
I am thinking it's about time to claim fraud with Paypal. Has anyone done this with success yet? You can send me PMs if you'd like or post here. Hopefully this can help folks out at least.

What will it take for Redbot to officially name this guy a scammer and post his info since he obviously isn't truely planning on paying us back.

I'm waiting for him to start refunding his customers, even if it's just a small payment on one, or for one of his customers to ask me to take action and ban him.

Neither has happened yet.

he owes me 200 $ here and got my epic cleric account banned , No news from him on Skype or redguides .

Lets claim the scam , and take further actions

kinds regards
Antoine

I'm waiting for him to start refunding his customers, even if it's just a small payment on one, or for one of his customers to ask me to take action and ban him.

Neither has happened yet.

Thank you Redbot; you rock! I think right now we are beyond the benefit of doubt but let's give him until Thursday and if he hasn't attempted to start refunds or even make contact, I will be 100% confident that he has turned from an irresponsible power leveler to a person who is stealing everyone's money at which point he deserves everything that comes his way.

yeah keep waiting...lol. Benefit of the doubt timeframe has long passed. Its not hard, I want to have tectonic banned for scamming. Feel free to say it with me its 8 words...redbot said thats what hes waiting on, so give him what he wants, say the words "I want to have tectonic banned for scamming" Its go time~

yeah keep waiting...lol. Benefit of the doubt timeframe has long passed. Its not hard, I want to have tectonic banned for scamming. Feel free to say it with me its 8 words...redbot said thats what hes waiting on, so give him what he wants, say the words "I want to have tectonic banned for scamming" Its go time~

Are you a customer who paid and didn't receive your service/product in return?

If he isn't going to refund by Thursday he isn't going to anytime soon. I've never been scammed before, so I'll follow the experts here on whenever we start filing paypal fraud etc.

He got $130 from me.

Yeah, I'm going to say if no response by end of Thursday on what he's doing, and he hasn't paid anyone back... Out all his details.

His last real activity was on the 12th, when he created the group he said he would, but didn't invite anyone to it. If he hasn't paid anyone back by then, Friday would be one week of no activity. Ban him then, and out his information.

I agree on giving him the time, as I too was affected. If we all do fraud allerts on paypal, they will investigate and ask his bank to free his account if he is verified. we can have the funds refunded to us by paypal, and paypal will send him a bill to collections with interest. If you are reading this tecnotic read their policies.

I know you may intend to pay but keeping people in the dark, is not the way a verified member should behave.

Not to troll but I got the feeling he just delayed the shit to get the $ out of paypal so if someone filed a claim there was no $ to take. Just my opinion. He started that group and invited no one that should say something.

Not to troll but I got the feeling he just delayed the shit to get the $ out of paypal so if someone filed a claim there was no $ to take. Just my opinion. He started that group and invited no one that should say something.

I agree with you william. Taking the funds out doesn't save him since he has a verified paypal account. Paypal has all of his information including bank info and Redguides has his phone number, address, and a picture of his license at least.

I suggested waiting until Thursday for 2 reasons.
1. If we ask Redbot to give out this guy's information, I want to give this guy as much time as possible to make things right. Releasing someone's information is pretty darn serious and shouldn't be taken lightly.
2. If 10-18 of us report fraud in Paypal, He has a good chance of paypal and/or his bank going after him for that money. If he can't pay the money back immediately, he can be charged with fraud which also shouldn't be taken lightly.

I wouldn't wish either of these options upon anyone but he is forcing our hands unfortunately.

I agree with you william. Taking the funds out doesn't save him since he has a verified paypal account. Paypal has all of his information including bank info and Redguides has his phone number, address, and a picture of his license at least.

I suggested waiting until Thursday for 2 reasons.
1. If we ask Redbot to give out this guy's information, I want to give this guy as much time as possible to make things right. Releasing someone's information is pretty darn serious and shouldn't be taken lightly.
2. If 10-18 of us report fraud in Paypal, He has a good chance of paypal and/or his bank going after him for that money. If he can't pay the money back immediately, he can be charged with fraud which also shouldn't be taken lightly.

I wouldn't wish either of these options upon anyone but he is forcing our hands unfortunately.

Doesnt matter if its verified you can transfer the money to your bank then remove the bank account from paypal. As far as charging him with fraud lol good luck man. His bank will tell paypal to fuck off.

The only thing that would of stopped him from transferring the money out is if people filed a claim right away which none of you seemed to do when you should of.

When I got scammed earlier this year PayPal told me to pound sand - no surprise, sent money as gift to F&F.

I went over PayPal's head and filed with my bank and got my money back through them.

Edit:

Meant to add - just my 2 cents, don't stop at PayPal - try your bank as well!

Edit 2:

Just looked - I filed an 'ACH Dispute Form' with my bank.

Goodluck Friends!

Doesnt matter if its verified you can transfer the money to your bank then remove the bank account from paypal. As far as charging him with fraud lol good luck man. His bank will tell paypal to fuck off.

The only thing that would of stopped him from transferring the money out is if people filed a claim right away which none of you seemed to do when you should of.

1. After a fraud claim is filed, the money is paid back to the customer (I won't go into federal fraud protection) From than on it is Paypal and the bank's responsibly to go after the criminal. It is not the customer who charges the person with fraud, it is Paypal or his bank, if they chose to do so.

2. If you think removing a bank account from Paypal hides his identity after doing fraudulent transactions, you are going to be laughed off if your podium you are trying to stand on.

3. You have 60 days to file a fraud claim (from the point of realization). We are well within that 60 days at the moment.

1. After a fraud claim is filed, the money is paid back to the customer (I won't go into federal fraud protection) From than on it is Paypal and the bank's responsibly to go after the criminal. It is not the customer who charges the person with fraud, it is Paypal or his bank, if they chose to do so.

2. If you think removing a bank account from Paypal hides his identity after doing fraudulent transactions, you are going to be laughed off if your podium you are trying to stand on.

3. You have 60 days to file a fraud claim (from the point of realization). We are well within that 60 days at the moment.

Go file a claim with paypal saying fraud i guarantee you that you will not get your money back. The second you say its for virtual service/goods they will deny it.

If people havent already they should be dealing with paypal here the guy hasn't responded in 4 days.

Same boat, have not heard back from him since the initial contact which was just him crying about losing his 60s and telling me to file a ban appeal.

I even offered him to refund half the amount owed from his actions, to which he never responded.

It doesnt matter if the money is in his paypal account or not, if money is refunded by claiming fraud or whatnot, his paypal account will be negative balanced and they will proceed with legal action against him to recover those funds. even though payment was sent with fnf, if a even a few people claimed money back from him, they would question all of his actions.

Basicly, even if you dont get your money back from this guy, him not working it out has done himself a huge injustice, he will have collection agencies after him, if not worse for recovering these funds.

I am sure if everyone got on here and accepted even half of what is owed to them, or a payment plan was worked out, most people would be happy with this. Unfortunately, this is just a kid who is going to be in some legal and financial trouble now, instead of just financial trouble. I would not be surprised if it was some kid who took has dads license and details to get verified while dad was asleep.

Is it thrusday yet.

Also redbot, you have his phone can you try and contact him and find out what the deal is? Posting his phone for everyone to see and harass him is not the time yet, but we needs answers.

As someone who has spoken at length with high up management within PayPal you're not exactly correct.

It should be that easy, but it isn't. At the end of the day you guys need to not try to save a buck using idiots with robot box armies. Use proven, safe, and rule-following traders. Many of these new pop-up guys are not that respectable or safe. Hell some of them aren't even verified.

Everyone who was scammed by him needs to complain about the guy to PayPal if they aren't contacted/refunded. Someone who scammed me a handful of months ago didn't have multiple fraudulent claims on their account so I wasn't able to be refunded. I still may pursue the issue by other means because I have all his information. Most situations require you to subpoena PayPal for his information too because it's a money grubbing operation at PayPal. It's a good service if you have trustable traders who don't cheat, but it's not the best form of payment for scammers. They try to not protect friends/family payments without you forking over money for legal efforts because they aren't getting their cut.

The lesson to be learned is don't jump on the newst shiny new thing. A little more caution and wiser investment using myself, kronolevel, or another could have kept a lot of people out of harms way. Not trying to make anyone feel bad because that's not who I am, but it's the unfortunate truth. To me this situation was about them making an example of someone running a robot box army, and it just happened to include a lot of innocent people (In my eyes and the eyes of many. We all know DB is intelligent enough to know they respect members as loyal customers, whether they spend extra money or not most of us are life-long customers for eq. This was about putting their foot down that they won't allow the server's legitimacy to be compromised by robot armies.

Some of these new PL operations are being run by shady individuals. I predicted a while back this dude would get people screwed because he had a terrible attitude in pm's. I know most of the high profile sellers here, and hardly any of them have been disrespectful in pm's. There's one other current PL'r who I'm worried about right now too a lot, like I was Tectonic, but I'd like to think most of the people here use safe practices.

Last edited:
you yourself virtual are a suspect newly joined seller. He has decent feedback as you have decent feedback but your crusade to appear holier than thou is shady and suspect and at the very least showing a lack of self confidence of just letting your work do the talking and not having to involve yourself in the scams people like myself are involved in.

you just like anyone could turn out to be like him someday. He is verified like you and did what you insinuate the dirty non verified members are likely to do...SCAM. Well the crusade of being verified shows it is not by any stretch a fail safe and we should be weary of all sellers including you.

no one ever truly KNOWS when someone will turn like this when or if ever...everyone is just like the next guy...always a potential risk.

PS i got my money back from paypal filed a claim told them exactly what happened and poof money recovered

PPS beware of all powerlevelers especially extremist responders with no dog in the fight members like virtualworkshop these are the crazy personalities you throw red flags up for~

Sounds like you're mad I took a shot at robot armies with your name being "relax_its_just_hax". I used to link up with clients by different means, but have found this to be the best platform that I will stick with for good. This isn't just about using cheat programs, it's about logging in lots of people's accounts and being completely irresponsible/careless. I've never used a cheat in my life or stolen anything from anybody in this game. You must not have seen the photo's of his setup in game and the way he operated it. I've said my peace about this guy, but you're out of place with your claims against me personally. Glad you got your refund and he has already been flagged within the PayPal database.

Virtual...

I think the issue is you've decided to step on a soapbox here in a self-promotional way. You did the same thing in PMs to me when this all started. Your messages were less about the situation at hand, and more like, "Hey, you guys wouldn't be in this mess if you bought from ME instead, I'm definitely more trustworthy!"

It's the way in which you are responding.

Just standing on the sidelines, Virtualshop you do seem to be stirring stuff up. Your attitude seems to be that you saw this, you are right and you want everyone to know.

Can we keep this thread on track, thanks.

I like how the unverified are trying to take shots at me. Way to project your frustration about the situation towards me. I said a lot more than the one sentence you referred to.

Had issues with Tectonic's attitude in pm's, and I'm more than allowed to post how I feel about the guy.

I like how the unverified are trying to take shots at me. Way to project your frustration about the situation towards me. I said a lot more than the one sentence you referred to.

Had issues with Tectonic's attitude in pm's, and I'm more than allowed to post how I feel about the guy.

Tbh, the way you act gives off some alarm bells just like you say for Tectonic. You cannot control your emotions. Not good for business.

Last edited:
Bal451 I've never spoken to you outside of today. You're picking a fight with me when I've done nothing to either of you. I've never even spoken to Bal541 before today.

You should calm down Virtual... neither of us were 'picking a fight with you' to begin with.

You stuck your nose into something and put in a little self-promotion. It's not a fight to state a fact. I didn't insult you by doing so.

But then you made it insulting in PMs for no reason, having implied that you could tell Tecnotic was a bad case based on his rude PMs publicly in this thread. And less than 5 minutes later you were sending off rude PMs yourself to people who were not your customers, and didn't say anything directly insulting to you.

You're taking things too personally here when the situation really doesn't concern you since you weren't a customer of Tecnotic's.

You should calm down Virtual... neither of us were 'picking a fight with you' to begin with.

You stuck your nose into something and put in a little self-promotion. It's not a fight to state a fact. I didn't insult you by doing so.

But then you made it insulting in PMs for no reason, having implied that you could tell Tecnotic was a bad case based on his rude PMs publicly in this thread. And less than 5 minutes later you were sending off rude PMs yourself to people who were not your customers, and didn't say anything directly insulting to you.

You're taking things too personally here when the situation really doesn't concern you since you weren't a customer of Tecnotic's.

The guy is a little off, I asked him about his PL services and he basically led with "I have tons of costumers so I'm not hard pressed for new ones"

/shrug, so I logged into Phinny and got the PL I needed off of general chat.

Please don't post private conversations in public. If someone is harassing you via pm, please use the report feature.

pretty new to this type of character/items buy/sell group, but aside from complaining to paypal should you not be filing a police report for fraud. His acts are criminal in nature, redbot should be able to his isp information leading to his address. if he sent a pm or email indicating that he would not be providing the items or service after accepting the cash that is more evidence of his criminal activity. Everquests rules/policies can not prevent you from seeking legal recourse aside from getting money back from paypal.

If there is some other reason let me know, i would be interested why people like this are getting let off so easy, since i am pretty sure most of you would call the cops if i stole $300. from you as you took it out of the ATM.

pretty new to this type of character/items buy/sell group, but aside from complaining to paypal should you not be filing a police report for fraud. His acts are criminal in nature, redbot should be able to his isp information leading to his address. if he sent a pm or email indicating that he would not be providing the items or service after accepting the cash that is more evidence of his criminal activity. Everquests rules/policies can not prevent you from seeking legal recourse aside from getting money back from paypal.

If there is some other reason let me know, i would be interested why people like this are getting let off so easy, since i am pretty sure most of you would call the cops if i stole $300. from you as you took it out of the ATM.

Because unless you have literally nothing better to do and value your time at zero then it's not worth it.

File a report and it's a he said / she said on the internet for a service on a video game that you don't actually own (go ahead and try to get daybreak or any other company to say you own your pixels). No one is going to actually investigate it because it's a pittance even when every body has their funds combined and the amount of hoops that would need to be jumped to get access to records for all parties would cost infinitely more than recovery due to varying county, state and federal laws.

Going to pay an attorney to go after it? Well I hope it's on principle because you're going to pay more just to get a sternly worded letter on fancy cardstock than just eating it and moving on.

I've done over 400 transactions in EQ/WoW/GW2/AoC etc. through multiple avenues. The only time I've ever recovered money that wasn't done through a legitimate site like ebay/pa etc. was if I filed a charge back on my credit card which I did twice and both times PayPal completely shut down the business accounts that I had with them.

I pretty much refuse to use PayPal now due to it.

In short this is a grey area and you have to deal with risk if you're going to base it off some forum feedback that offers zero actual recourse.

disconnecting the bank account from a PayPal account doesn't work the way described above - the account balance would go below zero as things stacked up; and the account would get locked, along with any new or existing ones identified.

When it comes to disputes - the hardest part with accounts and services is unless everything is clearly defined ( think about the hoops you jump through to order a custom anything) it breaks down to a he said she said arguement... and if it can't be neatly classified in a predefined bucket ..it's tough to prove what actually happened.

Fraud ...unless you have a police report, let them make this determination. It goes to intent - and if you log in and press send; it's not fraud; more likely it's bad faith which falls into the civil arena.

One of the best pieces of documentation is the post on this site outlining what happened; provided you can connect the screen name to the pp account and asking for a refund a few times in writing.

Before you guys waste all this time and dozens of posts about filing a fraud report against him... you should go to paypal or any online service and ask them how difficult it is to file a fraud report for VIRTUAL GOODS - if you even remotely tell them the object you bought isn't tangible and what you paid for is services in a game you don't get your refund you get filed into the "doesnt matter - kids stuff" category.

You guys can try until you're blue in the face and I don't mean to the the bearer of bad news here but your money is gone and you're not going to get it back. I have been scammed for virtual goods before and ive tried just about everything and no one cared. I had my paypal hacked and had 6000$ in iphones bought off ebay that all got shipped to an address in Omaha that I was able to backtrace through setting up a sandboxie and tracing a dudes trojan on my computer and despite all the proof I had the local LEOs didn't even give a fuck. I bet they never even went and knocked on the dudes house, he just stole thousands of dollars of phones and the cops literally didn't even give a fuck. Their answers were things like "oh yea? that musta sucked" and "yea we take stuff like this really seriously we'll get right on it".

Don't forget, paypal is partnered with Ebay who had to deal with the fiasco of WoW accounts for sale on ebay and EQ accounts. You know why they eventually stopped allowing them to be sold on ebay? It's because it's to hard to prove anything with virtual goods and they didn't want the headache of it.

If you guys get any money back from this ordeal my hats off to you, and you are a HELL of a lot better at arguing with customer service than me. In fact, maybe you should consider law school =P

Alright, we have given Tecnotic enough time now. I encourage everyone who sent money to Tecnotic within the last 60 days who lost it to send me a PM and I will give you instructions of how to hopefully recover losses through Paypal or at the very least give this guy hell on paypal/redguides. I encourage you all to file the report/call paypal within the next few days (today would be best). Remember to dodge calling this virtual goods with paypal. This was a service you paid for that you never received.

Redbot, I ask you to do your worst to this guy. Can we get his information released to the public since this guy clearly took a lot of people's money and ran?

Customers of Tecnotic who did not receive a service or item in return for payment may PM me for his contact information.

This might help - solid, preferred template for disputing a transaction. affidavit format.

1. Factual summary of how you got involved with them and the terms of your understanding re purchase/investment/etc.
2. The terms of your purchase and expectations for service (all the requirements thereof)
3. How they breached those terms
4. How they generally defrauded you (include in this paragraph not only what they did, but how what they did is eerily similar to how they defrauded others)
5. Summary of why the transaction should be reversed

Bulletpointed, facts only, label any opinion/conclusion clearly.

I phoned paypal, the gentleman i spoke to seemed concerned with the users actions, i was not very specific i just mentioned goods were paid for and they were not received correctly etc. He said it is difficult as a FNF payment, i mentioned he had a business setup on a website, and he mentioned if he was taking fnf payments for business transactions that is against policy, we all know this.

He said let the people in the discussion know to file complaints as soon as possible to make the case stronger.

He said the investigations team will contact him and if he does not respond they will start the recovery process.

Not sure how accurate all of these replies are but it is what i was told on the phone. do not bother with the website at all, i tried for 3 days and got auto-generated responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back