• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

Dispute Should this feedback Jahan left for Sports_fan be removed? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think what this really comes down to is do we have a policy on false or misleading advertising and should we? If we do or do go that route, then it needs to be front and center for people. Personally, I would like us to have something about it, but not everyone wants the extra headache. But it would need to set out how far it goes, etc.

I just see this is as the equivalent of:

WTS LvL 115 WAR W/ 50,000 AAs for $25!!!!

Customer: I'll take the WAR!!
Me: Ooooh, sorry, just grouped him up and now he has 50,001 AAs, so I'm charging $200, still want it?!
Customer: ...

That's a bait and switch. The only way I see you making right of this situation is a flat fee of $8 Krono per, or put your prices clear, concise, and publicly. None of this "hidden inflation" once you're in PMs about not being in stock for the large quantities to warrant the $8 per.

I also agree with @Diamond Krono I'm sure if you just said "yeah now that this has been brought to light I can see the frustration for customers" and apologized, this would be over by now.

I've sold god knows how many toons here and I couldn't imagine changing the price of the goods PERIOD once a potential customer has messaged me. Even if I feel like I took a slight hit on it I think "whelp, you know next time, change the Ad to make sure that's the price you want."

Last edited:
I think what this really comes down to is do we have a policy on false or misleading advertising and should we? If we do or do go that route, then it needs to be front and center for people. Personally, I would like us to have something about it, but not everyone wants the extra headache. But it would need to set out how far it goes, etc.
I think any time real-life money is involved, there's a policy on false or misleading advertising. Even if it's an unwritten rule, it's still a rule that normal business people should (and normally will) abide by.

My post was clear, concise and public. False advertising and all that seems to have taken the stage, but this was not that at all.

$10 1-5
$9 6-39
$8 40+

Same price point I’ve had for the past several months.

Always dependent on my current supply, as is everybody selling Krono. Sometimes you have what they need, sometimes you don’t at that time.

Feedback sticking or not, I’m glad our community has some passion and gives input here because I can only watch Mujaki die so many times without a break.

It is also great to see other sellers out there now, due to this discussion, doing price breaks based on quantity/supply as well.

Evolution of pseudo marketing at its finest.

You shouldn't create a post with different price points while not being able to fulfill those price points at the time of your post, its pretty simple. You should edit your post noting that you are OUT OF STOCK for $8 krono instead of luring people into DMs to then inform them of that so they hopefully purchase for a greater price.

Also, you just happening to only have "39 krono" in stock which is right under your breakpoint made me chuckle.

With that said, I couldn't find the paladin guild so I voted for that. You should probably revise how you do things though.

Last edited:
Lol. The 39 was for humor, not actuality and was an edit after the fact. Good to see the point was made, though.

I had plenty in stock when the post went live, and if you look at the time of other transactions, it shows multiple purchases made within minutes of that post.

It is also great to see other sellers out there now, due to this discussion, doing price breaks based on quantity/supply as well.

I can promise you these price breaks on quantity/supply have been around for a lot longer than this thread. The difference is all of those state "WTS Krono $10 each." Then when you go into the thread you see the actual price breaks. $10 for 1 - 3. $9 for 4 - 10 and so on. I can post WTS 1000 Krono for $5 apiece all I want. But once someone messages me wanting to spend $5k, I better be able to deliver. That's good business.

I'm also not flaming you or anything like that. I just don't understand how people see this as a good business practice.

Again, going back, imagine Gamestop saying they'll sell Nintendo Switches for $100 a pop, IF you buy Diablo 3 with it. You go through the effort of driving out there only to realize they never had Diablo 3 in stock, to begin with, yet they still try and sell you the switch for $300, and promise you up and down they had tons of them instock but they already sold out, despite you being at the door before they even opened. That's how this (your WTS post) feels. If any company did that, it'd make national news.

Seems that went over my head then. Regardless, I think its pretty standard practice to edit a post stating you are Out of Stock for a certain price point.

I don't think the name of your thread should be the price point that you can't even fill.

Seems that went over my head then. Regardless, I think its pretty standard practice to edit a post stating you are Out of Stock for a certain price point.

I don't think the name of your thread should be the price point that you can't even fill.

This. Entirely. It would've avoided you receiving a negative feedback to begin with.

Lol. The 39 was for humor, not actuality and was an edit after the fact. Good to see the point was made, though.

I had plenty in stock when the post went live, and if you look at the time of other transactions, it shows multiple purchases made within minutes of that post.
The minute you made that post, Jahan messaged you and you were unable to fill at 8.00. That is why he left the feedback he did. Note that he said the post was brand new.
There's no reason to defend it anymore, its cut and dry. That being said I am glad you are open to the feedback.

My post was clear, concise and public. False advertising and all that seems to have taken the stage, but this was not that at all.

$10 1-5
$9 6-39
$8 40+

Same price point I’ve had for the past several months.

Always dependent on my current supply, as is everybody selling Krono. Sometimes you have what they need, sometimes you don’t at that time.

Feedback sticking or not, I’m glad our community has some passion and gives input here because I can only watch Mujaki die so many times without a break.

if you dont have 40 in stock you delete that option until you do. When you do you go ahead and add it back in. When you dont have 6+ in stock you delete that option.... I think everyone is making the point you use the 40 for 8 to bait when you dont even have it when you can edit your post in seconds at any time (I did it a ton of times today with my HOLIDAY SALE! AND I DID SELL KRONO TODAY IN THE Low 8's).... but I learned a long time ago not to argue with crazy or to stick my dick in it. Trying to communicate with you is kinda like banging my head against a wall. But maybe you have some issues I dont know about or something. Or maybe youre just really stupid. Or maybe you think we are all dumb? Which is it bud? cause youre full of it lmfao.

im responding to the original sports fan reply in this thread way in the begining...he mentioned filet for 29.99 for a 10 oz and they wont sell a 16 oz at the same price if they are out of 10 oz cuts

well that example does happen when i grocery shop. When i grocery shop i do pick up and the store employs workers to shop for me. I might order a roast at i dunno 4 lbs for 25 bucks...if they DONT have that size they absolutely 100% replace it with a bigger size and adjust the price to meet the expected 25 dollar price. They offered me an item for a certain size and price and if they are out they 100% make up for their mistake of not having a better online selling tool and automatically fix it to keep me a customer. I end up with a bigger cut of meat for the same price.

My opinion on this is, im not qualified to give one and i trust the veteran verified HIGH FEEDBACK sellers here as they are the pros.

I hope this gets handled properly, trust the community

No scam here, "homie". I believe you are mixing up this thread with something else.

This is in regard to a (1) negative feedback score, from someone who didn't pay for anything, didn't receive anything, and again, no money passed through him or I. There was no misrepresented scam or money exchange at all. Just a bad choice of slogan on my part. I've accepted that, and apologized to the fella who wanted the order. The commentary here has now moved into the entertainment category for some, so let me oblige.

People can pile on the votes for keeping the feedback, as that is absolutely their right. I've done hundreds of transactions without an ounce of negativity being thrown around, including sales with many of the people replying here now. The verbiage I have chosen to use to "rebuttal" against some of these ridiculous allegations has struck a nerve with many, which is truly unfortunate. If folks want to buy Krono or Characters from other people moving forward, no problem. Again, it is unfortunate. But the prices and deals I offer will still continue to be available. *While supplies lasts, small print included, and a better line of communication*.

Fact: People don't buy NIKE shows when they find out 8-year-old Chinese kids are making them for $1 an hour, until they realize they want the shoes more than "standing up for the greater good of humanity" or to prove "something". Same with Chic-Fil-A and their controversial rules/regulations, but still producing monumental sales on the regular. Your choice. Their choice. Everyone's choice.

I have accepted the negative yelp review here. Sorry Jahan and Mr. Re-Seller, I hope you can continue on knowing that there was no ill-intent in the slogan/business practices I used that sparked this whole line of dialogue. For everyone else, thank you for the back and forth. If you participated in this fun and exciting debate, then use this as a $0.50 off coupon on all of my Krono adds (limit 20). That is my appreciation for our community for jumping in and providing feedback.

Now let's shift our attention to the next crypto currency to buy, so these $1 snafues' do not affect us as much.

It just comes down to respecting the customer. We are not here without them - You can't disrespect them blatantly and expect good results.

This is the same thing as posting Krono $5.00, then when messaged, you say min 40 for that price but you only have 38, so sorry the price is 10.00.
If you make the argument that this is different because the cost is obviously to low, than what you must then do is find where the line is drawn.

Staff probably did not want to draw the line because they feel there is no line or it is unknown. It was left to the public to decide where WE draw the line.
People felt slighted given your responses to their inquiry. That is how the feedback came to be.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back