• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

Dispute Should this feedback coldbane left for Corvinus be removed? (1 Viewer)

Should this feedback coldbane left for Corvinus be removed?

• where is teh paladin guild??

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Redbot

Staff member
Pronouns
He/Him
Rating - 93.6%
43   3   1
Username(s) of the accused
coldbane
⚖️ This is an official feedback dispute, sponsored by the Ducat shop. After 7 days the votes will be tallied and the most popular judgement upheld. Official feedback rules are found here. 🧑‍⚖️

@Corvinus is disputing feedback left by @coldbane
Here is a link to the feedback. Note that this link may not work for non-moderators due to the user's privacy settings.

It reads:
coldbane said:
"One transaction requires multiple payments, suspected to be a thief"
"One transaction requires multiple payments, suspected to be a thief"

If you are a moderator or staff please do not vote or comment.

Attempted to buy 83 krono for $750 awhile back. As this is obviously a large purchase I wanted to break it into multiple payments, suggesting (copy/pasted from our conversation):

“I'll send you:

$210 for 23 krono
$180 for 20 krono
$180 for 20 krono
$180 for 20 krono”

$750 for 83 comes out to $9.04 per krono. I offered to pay more per krono on the first transaction, yet I was accused of being a thief?

Normally I would say there has to be more to this story. From what ive seen in the past I feel there is a fair chance there isnt more to the story. I'm actually quite angered people leave negative feedback for absolute stupid shit like this. Coldbane please tell me there is more to this story and this dude deserved the negative feedback in some way. Otherwise if you have nothing notable to add to the table I suggest this corvinus dude gets his negative feedback removed and coldbane should be given negative feedback for fucking wasting everyones time.

I would say remove, wouldn't a "thief" prefer one large transaction?

I have done plenty of broken up trades for larger amounts. I cannot even fathom how this was seen as shady.

Lastly, for my own knowledge, is feedback allowed to be left with anyone that you message with? I find it odd that someone can leave negative feedback when there is no transaction. I ignore messages all the time, simply because they do not follow the rules of my post, are these people permitted to leave negative feedback?

I vote remove; but looks like you left a neutral feedback back on Sept. 8th for this. I'm guessing the negative he left you was in response to that. Just saying, if you can accuse someone of being 'fishy' for not wanting to conduct business on your terms, then he can turn-around and do the same thing to you for the same reasons.

Basically if you don't wanna take it; don't dish it.

EDIT: Or to make this super-stupidly-simple; I'd both agree to remove each of your feedbacks as it equates more to "We couldn't conduct business together and that makes me super sad" than anything else.

1698872681426.png

You left a yelp review, and he left you one back.

It is fishy that he wouldn’t break it up when I would still be the one sending first. So, no. I stand by my statement and don’t agree to mutually remove them.

Edit as that came off more confrontational as I intended:

I feel leaving neutral feedback was the precisely appropriate response. “My terms” were completely normal and common, and were still very seller friendly. The fact that he didn’t want to do that on a $750 sale would seem fishy to anyone, regardless of his good feedback. Feedback that truthfully doesn’t mean much if he (and others) can just bully their way into getting 100% ratings.

Last edited:
It is fishy that he wouldn’t break it up when I would still be the one sending first. So, no. I stand by my statement and don’t agree to mutually remove them.

And he sees it as fishy you wouldn't do it in one big go; which he sees warrant a negative feedback. (Hence why I said both are pretty dumb.) Different strokes folks.
the real question is whats the reason @The Golden Company and @Kenchi said dont remove the negative feedback in this scenario given the evidence and circumstances here.

Doesn't matter. They have the option to cast their vote however they choose.

Edit as that came off more confrontational as I intended:

I feel leaving neutral feedback was the precisely appropriate response. “My terms” were completely normal and common, and were still very seller friendly. The fact that he didn’t want to do that on a $750 sale would seem fishy to anyone, regardless of his good feedback. Feedback that truthfully doesn’t mean much if he (and others) can just bully their way into getting 100% ratings.

I've done transactions worth that much. Some people see it safer to go in one big go to "not raise any flags." (One krono transfer compared to multiple small ones, bigger foot-print.) Some people see it safer to go in smaller increments. (Little by little, cash for krono, so no one gets screwed, which shouldn't even be a thought for someone who routinely deals in mass Krono sales..) Not trying to be insulting here at all, for the record. Just gotta see it from multiple perspectives.

The only thing is, is that coldbane has enough feedback / business to dictate how he sells his Krono; if you didn't like that, it's not "fishy", it's just you didn't like the way he does business. Which is why I state the same for your feedback, you're not a suspicious Krono buyer or a thief, just didn't see eye to eye on business together, nothing more.

Some people see it safer to go in one big go to "not raise any flags." (One krono transfer compared to multiple small ones, bigger foot-print.)

Except he made zero mention of this, just suggesting it was a way to cheat him.

But this isn’t a discussion about the feedback I left for him. Unless, of course, you think retaliatory negative feedback is a good thing which seems absolutely crazy to me.

Attachments

• (1) WTB Krono x 83 - $750 EC Tunnel Community….pdf
    349.8 KB · Views: 4
And he sees it as fishy you wouldn't do it in one big go; which he sees warrant a negative feedback. (Hence why I said both are pretty dumb.) Different strokes folks.

Doesn't matter. They have the option to cast their vote however they choose.
Thats why you wont find justice here. people can vote however they choose, not what the truth is or what people deserve. Get negative feedback based on emotions not actions. Sorry to be the one to tell you bractos, but it matters a lot how they choose their vote.

you also definitely DONT get to leave someone negative feed back just because they left you neutral feedback. I'm personally against ALL feedback unless there was a trade that happened. In my mind this is common sense but apparently the majority of the retardo community feels you can leave feedback when no trade has happened.

whats even MORE shady than everything else in this thread is that this coldbane fella speaks in broken english and is NOT verified with the amount of transactions hes doing. NOW THATS SHADY.

Last edited:
Except he made zero mention of this, just suggesting it was a way to cheat him.

But this isn’t a discussion about the feedback I left for him. Unless, of course, you think retaliatory negative feedback is a good thing which seems absolutely crazy to me

I’m saying, if I was in your position, I’d agree to mutually remove both of them, then stating my reasons for doing so. Take it, leave it, up to you.

Thats why you wont find justice here. people can vote however they choose, not what the truth is or what people deserve. Get negative feedback based on emotions not actions. Sorry to be the one to tell you bractos, but it matters a lot how they choose their vote.

you also definitely DONT get to leave someone negative feed back just because they left you neutral feedback. I'm personally against ALL feedback unless there was a trade that happened. In my mind this is common sense but apparently the majority of the retardo community feels you can leave feedback when no trade has happened.

whats even MORE shady than everything else in this thread is that this coldbane fella speaks in broken english and is NOT verified with the amount of transactions hes doing. NOW THATS SHADY.

The reason we dog on you EQMS, is because instead of just casting your vote and moving on, you bring up wild conspiracy theories to justify your vote, instead of just…. CastIng your vote and movIng on. If you go back and look there are always a few outliers who “vote against the grain“, which is fine. Blindly pointing fingers and creating your own illogical representation of the situation to try and justify your vote though… you’re gonna catch some flak for it.

I agree with your sentiment about retaliatory feedback; but as I already posted above; that’s NOT what the rules state. Go off the rules, not the rules you agree / disagree to. (Which is why I asked in the last feedback thread if that was still the rule; it is, which means we have to abide by it.) So the “majority of the retardo community” (nice) goes off of what the rules state, and you don’t.

And yes, it is very evident English is not Coldbanes primary language. That doesn’t make him shady, nor does being unverified with that amount of feedback as there are plenty of unverified sellers with enough feedback to speak for their reputatIons.

Haven’t brought this up, but I wouldn’t care about verified / unverified in a transaction that large. I’d go purely off of feedback; 20 ain’t enough to make me feel comfortable moving that amount of volume. Period. As we’ve seen plenty of verified sellers rack up that amount of feedback to try and make one large transaction before scamming / being banned because they don’t give a shit If they’re doxxed or not. But still, that doesn’t automatically make someone shady or not, though it’s definitely something normal / experienced people take into account when conducting business.

Again, as my very first post said, I still vote to remove Cor’s feedback.

im a bit confused, why did you negative feedback in the first place what did you do? you just asked to break up the payments thats all?

Correct. Not sure if posting screenshots is allowed but happy to share if needed.

I gave you a potential answer as to why negative feedback was left. Hindsight bias here, but I’m going to say it’s safe to assume if you hadn’t left a feedback calling him fishy, he wouldn’t have left you a feedback calling you a thief. Pretty simple tit-for-tat feedback dispute.

I disagree with your approach of shut up and comply cause the rules say so. If I feel if a rule is wrong then im going to contest it.

I'm gonna clean up these forums one emotional negative feed back at a time.

Justice will come regardless if you like it or not bractos

Want to quote that before you go back and edit it. You have an extremely inflated concept of yourself. Rules are rules friendo.

EDIT: and also, lmfao.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back