• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

Scammer: Shimmering14 stole fungi tunic (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

p99market

Caveat Emptor: UNVERIFIED
Rating - 91.7%
11   1   0
Today I am messaged by shimmering that he wants a fungi tunic, so we talk on Skype and we agree I'll go first and he'll send payment after. As soon as I handed him the fungi, both in game and Skype went offline, and that's that. Even when they have good feedback, there are still scammers out there.

That's rediculous, sorry to hear this happened! However, if you still have your other tunic let me know. I'll deal with you by phone, we can keep it oldschool legit man. Dying to get a fungi, even if the price is steep for emu gear. My time vs money inner justification is giving me the go ahead however :)

Hope to hear from you, and again sorry to hear about the scam! Risk of trading/selling (relatively) high dollar items I guess.

Is there anyone who can post his information to the moderators etc? Anyone who had a successful transaction in the past that can look up who money was sent/received from, etc?

I havent had bad deals with him yet

- - - Updated - - -

just a heads up for everyone, if he did indeed intend to scam, I did fairly small transactions, under 100 and another under 50 as well, he went first because I had feedback, of course; but the second time, I had sent payment just prior to receiving goods because I had done a previous transaction with him. He has been quick to get rid of what he has had though... that was a little suspicious =x I'm not entirely sure he meant to scam though (for the fungi)

I'm talking to him on Skype right now, he said the same thing, I think he's trying to turn this on me, never received payment from him nor chargeback. And now he has a free fungi.. For Christ sake, I sold one a bit ago and have feedback from that on my WTS post..

Of course, he needs to sell the plat he just made off that fungi tunic he stole from me. Dont know why he did what he did, I trusted him and that should be enough to go thru with a promise instead of this fuckmess he has create. Now he'll keep telling people his made up story, make $140 off the tunic he stole from me and nothing will happen to him. In the end, he wins.

Yea also seems he has used a recognizable IP and account. I would suggest noone else to deal with shimmering however and that we should try get his RL information posted here asap so we know not to deal with an alias as well.

What does he care if he's banned, apparently he still has some people that still do business with him so he's just laughing his ass all the way to the bank, he wins in the end apparently :mad:

Yea I would definately recommend people not do business with him at all. This is also why we need his Paypal and email information posted so we don't deal with an alias.

That isn't really pertinent I don't think, as if you look at who started 'WTS' threads first, p99market started before shimmering14.

So if we're lending credence to age of posts, p99m wins.

Obviously there is a rat here somewhere or a complete misunderstanding. Hopefully the latter.

Hopefully.

All I'm saying is that the smooth transactions all happened prior to the theft.

I was under the impression P99m thought that myself and others were still using shimmering.

Yeah I myself don't understand with his good feedback, why he would go and just rob me blind like that, it went down just like I mentioned. I go first, give item with promise of receiving payment after, hand item over, ask for payment, logs off Skype, returns 5 hours later, tells me that I tried to scam him and that he didn't want to say anything but that I ruined his red guide account, removes me from contacts, never responds again. He could of given back the item or sent payment but none has occurred, as of this moment, I consider this scammed. Sadly there's nothing that can be done really, he's gong to cash in a good $130 and laugh his ass off, even sadder is the fact that he still has buyers just because their transactions have gone smooth. I just hope that when he runs out of plat and is going to disappear, he doesn't hit up his regulars with the scam. Sadly I took the hit for people to realize and might hve saved others out there of a lot of money, you've been warned.

Sucks but seems like the world of online RMT's is a pretty sketch area to begin with. If I were you I'd consider myself lucky that I'd made several legit sales before the inevitable scam. Anyhow, not to be a pest or beat a dead horse but ai still have $100 or so burning a hole in my pocket so if you still have an additional tunic and don't mind going first (I'll give you my verizon cell if it makes you more comfortable), hit me up. I'll be available tonight from 6 CST until midnight. Earlier the better though. Maybe another $100 will soften the blow of that fucktard who scammed you.

You have zero feedback, just signed up and are talking to a man who got burned - and still expecting him to go first? Plus offering 30-40$ below market?

Yea, he is really gonna want to deal with you.

Yeah... I'm done going first, he ruined it for all future trades. And no I deleted the post and am keeping it for now. Like I said, don't be surprised if someone doesn't want to go first after this either. The cell number call is a an option the seller usually gives the buyer to make it more comfortable, with no feedback and join date of 1 day ago, I think you might find it hard to get someone to go first, especially a seller with positive feedback.

I totally understand. I only need the tunic and a relatively small amount of plat for my first p99 character though and I'm new to RMT so I can't have feedback yet. I'll try to buy my plat first and get good feedback first. Thanks for the info on the seller giving his phone btw, will be good to know going forward. Sorry to bother man, I hope you'll consider me in the future once I get some more feedback.

Well I know it sucks getting scammed, and there's not much recourse there. But there is at least a negative feedback button when you rate the transaction. I suggest using it. At least a record of the bad experience will be reflected.

Edit* Ah i see that you did. My bad!

TBH idk if shimmering is a scammer; however, since this, I make him go first on trades and then I send the money... I'm sorry to whoever got scammed, but since there is no real proof other than a GM showing in the logs =/

Monkey, I showed you that I offered to go first, no buyer is going to reject that offer, so assuming I went first, what do you think happened next, taking into consideration everything I've said has happened, do you really think he sent the money first after I offered to go first? But his story is he sent the money first than I logged out so he did a chargeback, where is his proof he went first huh? I atleast offered some sort of evidence that I was telling the truth that I offered to go first.. Again, would YOU or any buyer reject a seller going first?? Didn't think so. Shimmering14, gratz on a quick $130.

Monkey Please stop posting doubts here mate, your making it seem like there is a 50 50 chance of who scammed who, Shimmering isnt replying to any of my messages on skype and was acting weird enough for me not to deal with him when I did add him to skype. Just because he got some lower cost feedback scores in order to pull off a bigger scam does not mean he is not a scammer. he is just illustrating the fact that the feedback system although better than nothing is still very liable to be cheated.

I've dealt with shimmering many times since he has scammed and have not been scammed. I'm not sure where you live, but in the USA, innocent until proven guilty... and there has not been any proof. I have dealt with him multiple times and have not been scammed, I have not dealt with p99market so IF I did not give the benefit of the doubt, out of say 10 transactions with shimmering, all 10 have gone smooth, thats 100% success vs 0/0 Anyways, if a GM feels the need to delete this post, it is becoming irrelevant and people are getting butthurt.

as someone that has been scammed by a guy with perfect feedback, the scamming scenario is totally understandable.

scammers may choose to bide their time until a moderate-big cash out, and then hide behind their previously perfect feedback.

"innocent until proven guilty" does not apply here in the RMT market. this 'business' runs entirely on reputation. it appears to me he ruined his by taking an item and disappearing for 5 hours (and still not giving back the item). if i lost internet and LD'ed for real during a transaction and think I may have the item unfairly, i would have driven my ass to a library and sent an email assuring the other party. reputation is all that matters here.

guilty or not, I'd rather not put trust in anyone involved in such a scandal. particularly not until that fungi appears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back