• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

SCAMMER ALERT: "HighEndItems" (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

benjriley

Caveat Emptor: UNVERIFIED
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sent an amount to him and he just disappeared. I sent money to a verified paypal. I have the Full name. If the Admins want to get in contact with me, please do. I have found his home address, phone number, etc. Frustrating to deal with people like this because most people overestimate their abilities. I'll disclose full information to the admins for now but I want to take care of a couple of things on my own, first.

This happened to me last night. He had good feedback. I reached out to him via PM and we chatted on skype. He even showed in game to BS me a bit. Sent him $125 via paypal and then never delivered. Filed a claim on paypal and contacted the good folks at VISA. They reassured me that these types of online scams happen all the time and that they could credit my account. Pretty disappointing first experience on here.

I also have his contact information but I question its authenticity. I intend to press charges.

Re: SCAMMER ALERT: "HighEndItems"

Link a post of his where he's selling something, I can't find any posts made by that username using the search function.

- - - Updated - - -

Nevermind, found it.

http://www.redguides.com/forums/itrader.php?u=229788

I wouldn't consider 1 post with 1 feedback to be considered 'good'. Looks like he scammed you two plus one other 'turtleshell' or whatever.

damn glad i didnt by from him. was about to buy some of his plat

Also went by ODB, likely went by noxule, and maybe Capriirecords. I've got his real name and address, so if anyone is looking to take legal action PM me.

Last edited:

Holy shit it was Capriirecords?

Maybe, maybe not. He emailed me shortly after his ban claiming that one of the scammers he traded with had taken his password and used his account to help scam people here. IP logs back that story up.

To be on the safe side, I banned him anyway. It's sad to lose a member who has been here since '05.

I will vouch that Capriirecords had his account jacked. He is a RL friend of mine and the douche nozzle who used his account was another guy we knew who figured out Caprii's password due to it being similar to other game passwords he has used in the past. The scammer was way closer to Caprii than to me, but I did know him. I personally hope he gets cancer and slowly dies for messing up Caprii's reputation here.

alright, I unbanned Caprii. We don't really make any money off this subforum, so I tend to ban quickly to avoid drama. Sometimes that causes more drama.

Thanks for taking the time to sort through this RedBot - and thanks to EQMan22 for going to bat for me.

Moral of the story: don't have your forum passwords the same as your in game passwords, if you choose to share info. Bigger moral of the story: You never really know internet friends.

Thanks for taking the time to sort through this RedBot - and thanks to EQMan22 for going to bat for me.

Moral of the story: don't have your forum passwords the same as your in game passwords, if you choose to share info. Bigger moral of the story: You never really know internet friends.

Welcome back. Don't trust anyone :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back