• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

Games Rise of Zek (PvP Emulator)- 6/29/18 Release (1 Viewer)

Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Just a re-post from http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=41912

I'm not the developer of this project, just a man whom loves his EQ PvP! With that being said, as Daybreak refuses to do a PvP server, I need to rely on talented developers for my fix.

Release Date: 6/29/18

I'm happy to announce Rise of Zek, a classic PVP progression experience*.

Rise of Zek has been under development for the past 6 months, and our goal is to bring the fans of classic Rallos Zek-style ruleset a place they can call Norrath.

Rise of Zek is entering final beta and will be a [95% classic] EQ PVP progression server. The other 5% is weighted towards slight balance changes in gear and resists. RoZ will also run 6 month seasons w/ increased XP for new characters created within the seasonal window, complete with separate kill tracking. At the end of each season characters created within that season will receive rewards depending on a number of factors like [KDA] [points] [PVE objectives]. Winners from each season will receive in-game appearance items and statues in EC Tunnels. Seasonal characters will also benefit from GM-run BoTB events. Classic era will last for around a year before Kunark is released. Only select zones from Velious will ever be released in the timeline.

The idea with the seasons is to allow new characters a way to catch up, and allow veterans an even playing field to show their skills. This will keep everything fresh while allowing more Blue players to just stay at level cap and keep raiding. There will be cooldown time between seasons for everyone to recover. Fame, glory and pixels await.

RoZ has world-class coder(s) / operations and a fixed budget for servers, and bandwidth. RoZ is hosted on physical hardware in a datacenter. RoZ is free to play and GMs may never ask players for money or donations. At launch item creation logs and GM commands will be made public as anti-corruption measures. As well as a fully featured Character Browser which shows bank/bags/corpses so players may see everything transparently. RoZ is for fans by fans.

Features:
+- 4 level PVP spread
No XP loss on PVP death & spawn w/ 0 mana
1 item loot from inventory random (no no-drop / no bags themselves) & coin
LNS rules apply though corpse may be fetched after [30] minutes from a Soulbinder
[2] box limit.
Only personal kill tracking.
Maps are disabled in certain classic zones.
No third party hacking programs, server-side AND client-side detection will be active and bans will be delayed in waves.
IRL threats will be met with bans. No accusations of cheating unless you have solid proof. Submit to petitions section of forum.
Healing/buffing a higher level player will flag you for PVP
Anti-plug mechanics

How to help:
Visit http://riseofzek.com and signup on the website. Participate in polls and post feedback.
Help test various class interactions by creating characters and joining Discord https://discord.gg/AP8Q7dm - Ping me (LinuXY) if you need to test gear/levels.
Report anything that's not classic in the forums.
Shoot promotional videos of PVP / PVE.
Consider the server as Open Beta at the moment. You can find it on the main serverlist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back