• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

Dispute Report [resolved] growingforvets v joecool83 (1 Viewer)

I completely admit I was short and rude, and "A dick" after I was scammed out of an account by someone. I am very sorry for that, I am working on not being so emotional.

That doesn't justify them scamming me, nor does it justify their treatment toward me. I just don't get what the point of the rating system, the verification system or the premium membership, if they are going to side with someone who has been here for barely a month and (1) transaction, over me who's been here for years and has hundreds of transactions.

I changed the PW, and the email to the account. I followed all the guild lines that is posted in the guide here on how to safely trade/buy/sell accounts.

How long after purchase did you change the password? How long after purchase did you change the email?

Why didn't you add a phone number?

I completely admit I was short and rude, and "A dick" after I was scammed out of an account by someone. I am very sorry for that, I am working on not being so emotional.

That doesn't justify them scamming me, nor does it justify their treatment toward me. I just don't get what the point of the rating system, the verification system or the premium membership, if they are going to side with someone who has been here for barely a month and (1) transaction, over me who's been here for years and has hundreds of transactions.

You seem to trying to re-open an already closed case. If that's what this thread is about, I will close it as resolved.

I changed all of the information immediately after purchasing the account
I never add a phone number to the accounts I honestly didn't even know how to add 2 step verification to the accounts.

As for me saying sorry, that was to my comment about you not replying to my DMs, which was in this thread.

"Would you please respond to my DMs or should I post the questions here because they directly apply to what is going on with this account?"

For that comment I am sorry.

Last edited:
What date did you last successfully login to the account, and what date did you notice that you could no longer log in?

The last time I successfully logged into the account was 1 minute before I gave the information to joecool83. When he said the PW didn't work, I tried to log into the account again and the PW was changed.

Then I tried to reset the PW via the email and that is when I discovered a EU cell phone was verified to the account.

I never add a phone number to the accounts I honestly didn't even know how to add 2 step verification to the accounts.

There's a tab called "enhanced security" in the DBG account manager. Did you ever click that tab to confirm there was no phone # on the account, or did you take hellfyre at his word?

wouldn't I need that cell phone in my hands at the time he sold it to change the info and access the account? or is it only used for when recovering the password?

I verified by clicking the tab
Alright, that makes it a bit harder to hold hellfyre accountable. My assumption was that you were sold an account with a phone # already on it without your knowledge, and you mistyped (or mis-pasted) the new password, locking all parties out for good.

It doesn't make sense, that's why it was a false assumption. I was hoping we could pin this problem on the person you're accusing, but that is now more difficult.

Since all parties were very careful to check and make sure there was no phone # attached, my best guess at this point is that someone who knew the SQA took the account.

@hellfyre is there anything you can do to make amends to this upset buyer?

Ok so the OO is responsible. I have no idea who that is or was.

Let me get this straight, I am confused again. Sorry I am so easily confused.

I buy account from Hellfyre. He advertises no cell phone on it, I verify no cell phone is on it.

I sell account, and the EXACT minute I try to sell it the OO recalls the account and adds a cell to it matching his country.

I am to blame, and hellfyre has no obligation to assist me in any way or is at fault at all?

Who do I contact and how do I get refunded for the OO recalling the account then? Who knew the account info other than OO, Hellfyre, joecool83 and me and why would I have anything to do with locking the account and losing both the account and the $350 I refunded joecool83?

I am to blame, and hellfyre has no obligation to assist me in any way or is at fault at all?

Nobody is blaming you.

Buying and selling accounts with multiple past owners can get very messy. Engaging in such business is high risk.

Before you even sold it, there were 3 (known) people with access to the account. Asking me to find the thief is very difficult, and I have spent about 6 hours of my life attempting to do just that.

Here's what I know:
  • I've triple-checked our server logs and everything appears secure on our end, as do your individual ECT accounts. I'm not ruling out a sophisticated attack, but it's unlikely.
  • The original account creator is from the UK
  • The phone number added to the account appears to be from the UK, judging from the number of digits as well as the prefix
The only thing throwing me off is the timing. If you did indeed login to the account 1 minute prior to the sale, and you did indeed confirm there was no phone number attached, then it was most likely a theft which would have had to occur within a highly coincidental span of 7 minutes. It's a very strange case.

Last edited:
Is it possible the person I am accusing is the OO? or directly in contact with the OO?

Maybe the person I am blaming is mad I shot them down at bar when I was visiting in Nashville or was stationed at Fort Campbell and is trying to scam me because of it?

Middle man service when someone has such low feedback, and especially when there is a very large sale, is highly recommended. This is truly an unfortunate event, and I am sorry for your loss.

I know my opinion doesnt matter in the slightest but I would have to agree with Chanticleer here and side with growing, what he's saying about anyone who buys an account being able to immediately take full control and then say they didnt get the info is not only just crazy but it makes me feel like selling any account here is just too much of a risk even if both parties are verified. Growing was scammed here and probably by the guy joecool who hasnt responded to any messages about this ever since he got what he wanted ( his money back AND very likely the account ) This is just shitty all around and I hope its not something that happens frequently because I would seriously hate to go through this as growing has.

Nature of the beast I suppose, no deal is guaranteed in the business sellers run here it's a risk we all have to accept

Absolutely. Either way, committing a $350.00 sale to an completely new user on the forum is suicide. Its imperative to use a middle man service if you do not want to wait for a verified or high feedback user to do business with.

Me personally, I won't ever do a sale with anyone who is unverified or has no substantial feedback. To risky.
I mean, assume that you were duked. You just lost $350.00 AND got a negative feedback to an otherwise perfect record.

Very shitty situation that can be averted by paying a tiny middle man fee. I am sorry for your loss.

Last edited:
I know my opinion doesnt matter in the slightest but I would have to agree with Chanticleer here and side with growing, what he's saying about anyone who buys an account being able to immediately take full control and then say they didnt get the info is not only just crazy but it makes me feel like selling any account here is just too much of a risk even if both parties are verified. Growing was scammed here and probably by the guy joecool who hasnt responded to any messages about this ever since he got what he wanted ( his money back AND very likely the account ) This is just shitty all around and I hope its not something that happens frequently because I would seriously hate to go through this as growing has.

You're not privy to the details of the case, and you're correct your opinion doesn't matter here.

Yeah i would always advise to use middleman with any account sale that is any more than like 150$, if its like a 60$ account then okay you are probably fine ( i sold my 42 wizard earlier for that with no issue ) but when you're talking about losing a 350$ account because your word vs someone elses wasnt enough and you didnt use middleman that just stings >.> Sorry Growingforvets this fuckin sucks man and you have my sympathy

After discussing with redbot some changes were made to buyers/sellers guide for accounts.
  • Share security details slowly:
    Don't give the SQA, billing, and other details all at once. Confirm that the buyer can log in to the account first, then share account recovery details after. (h/t @Ksales)
  • Use several mediums:
    Consider sending login details to your buyer over several mediums, such as conversation, email and text message. For example, send the username over ectunnel and the password to their Paypal email. If either party's account or email is compromised, hackers will only get partial details.
had growing waited until joecool confirmed he had logged into the account before relinquishing full access (SQA, last 4 of CC, Address etc.) Then there would be written proof that he was able to log in and he would have confirmed it before Growing gave him the remainder of the full access to the account, this would have kept a phone number from being added to the account until being able to log in was confirmed. This works for buyers too, confirm you can log in and check to make sure everything is ok before adding verification that way you know you are receiving what you paid for.

Just so all the admins are aware, @hellfyre has stated he is done communicating with me regarding this matter and refuses to assist me in either getting the account back, getting in touch with the OO or correcting this issue even though he was the seller of this account.

How is this in any way a "reputable" member of these forums conducts business? How is this NOT shady and disgusting?

well, He had closed that deal with you over 60 days ago so, bringing up this dispute against him now I could see him being upset for. Joecool still hasnt replied since he got his refund yesterday so yeah. Look at buyer/sellers guide I talked with redbot and there's some updated advice for the future, if joecool had confirmed he was logged into the account before you gave him the SQA and information he NEEDED to be able to add a phone number then this would likely be going in your favor but that's just my 2c

I wouldn't give hellfyre negative feedback though, that deal was done over 60 days ago you know he isn't the reason why the account got taken

The time after me buying the account shouldn't at all mean anything, especially since it has ONLY been 2 months.

If an account was recalled after I sold it to someone, I would issue a full refund or do my DAMN best to make it right. He has done NEITHER and blatantly refuses to even put any effort toward it.

That again, is NOT how a reputable or moral member of this community should or should be allowed to conduct business.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back