• You've discovered EC Tunnel šŸ’µšŸ«±šŸ»ā€šŸ«²šŸ¾ a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community šŸ˜‡ If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character šŸ§™ā€ā™‚ļø you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! šŸ‘‹

Dispute Report [resolved] growingforvets v joecool83 (1 Viewer)

I can kind of see why he would though you're opening a dispute against him just because the ruling wasnt in your favor due to joecool having not confirmed he had logged into the account before y ou gave him all the access he needed to take it and add a phone number to it

I hate to say that but hellfyre really has nothing to do with what happened with joecool and you know it you're just upset because you were forced to refund him due to the rules ( not saying I agree with that by the way im just discussing so dont get mad at me too )

Since you want to bring it here as well as in private conversion where you called me a liar, I'll ask here how am I supposed to assist you in this when I have absolutely nothing to do with it besides the fact that you bought the account from me 2 months ago?

You are correct in the fact that I'm not going to continue going back and forth with you on this. I did my job correctly and professionally the first time and yes it sucks this happened but was not due to anything on my end. I've done my absolute best to keep my responses civil in regards to all this over the last 3 days but enough is enough.

No @killerclown, redbot has already stated the previous person is innocent and never had access to the account.

The facts here are as follows, please correct me (Admins) if I am wrong

1) Redbot stated @joecool83 is innocent and had nothing to do with the info being changed or the EU phone number being added to and verified on the account after receiving ALL of the info.

2) I bought the account from @hellfyre 2 months ago and NO cell was on it verified by both him and I.

3) I am not from EU nor have I ever been to EU and could NOT have added a EU cell and verified it the exact same day I tried to sell it.

4) Redbot verified the number now attached to the account does in fact match the country code and numbers in the OO's contact info.

5) If it wasn't @joecool83 please stop trying to say I am trying to blame him, it was NOT him according to admins and I have already refunded him and owe him nothing.

6) since I purchased the account from @hellfyre (regardless of it being 2 months ago) he is the last person to have it before me.

7) if it wasn't @hellfyre it was the OO and he is in contact with them and has openly admitted to being in contact with him and stated such.

what am I to do here?

additionally, there are NO rules on the website stating that there is a time frame that negates responsibility of an account being recalled, especially if it is out of the buyers control.

If I am forced to just chalk this up as a loss because in fact @hellfyre somehow isn't responsible for making this right.

That means anyone here can sell an account, and recall it months later without any punishment or responsibility what so ever ...... yet we have all seen many people banned for doing this.

Yea Iā€™m worthless for still being on your site watching you accuse a good person for stealing an account if you knew growing like most the old heads on here do you would know he has no bone In his body to steal and I understand accusing Hellfyre because he is whom he purchased the account for

But for me this looks like joe was in fact the original owner and saw a sucker ass move chance to get a refund and his account or he knows who owned it.
Just saying man stop making it seem like itā€™s clearly growing a fault I say they both need to take responsibility and split the lose

Yea Iā€™m worthless for still being on your site watching you accuse a good person for stealing an account if you knew growing like most the old heads on here do you would know he has no bone In his body to steal and I understand accusing Hellfyre because he is whom he purchased the account for

But for me this looks like joe was in fact the original owner and saw a sucker ass move chance to get a refund and his account or he knows who owned it.
Just saying man stop making it seem like itā€™s clearly growing a fault I say they both need to take responsibility and split the lose

Joe is the original owner? šŸ˜† Great work Sherlock.

Also, if you knew growingforvets you'd be using the correct pronoun. Stop shitting up this thread.

Last edited:
If the account was banned for something I did i would be making an effort to help resolve it with you but that is not the case here. Calling the way i do business shady is as you like to put it gaslighting me into an argument that I will not provide to you.

It is not my fault that when you decided to resell the account, which as you also stated is one of many you've purchased from me and the original owner in which this is the only account affected, that you didn't take the necessary measures to protect yourself from selling to a member with little to no real feedback. That is on you and you alone and while I am sorry that you have dealt with this, it does not make me responsible for it.

If you say @Redbot verified that the number on the account is the same number on the original owners verification info then you can get that from Red. I will not be giving out anyone's number or personal information to anyone at any time. That would be shady business on my end.

We are both verified just as the original owner so if red wants to give you that then that's his choice but I simply won't do it.

Sorry for the loss and troubles.

my 2cents, the sms was set by and disabled by the oo. the sms was still on file even though he disabled it, which is why it didnt show that the 2step was added and will only show (unless you enable it, which is usually only when people try to add another number, which neither hellfyre or growing attempted to do), when the pass was changed for joe by growing, i believe dbg's system flagged the account and wants the sms to verify the change. A similar experience happened to me with an account i had an sms set and disabled on. dbg required me to enter a code they texted me for the buyer to recover the account even after he had already changed the password twice. I do NOT believe joe stole it. I do NOT believe growing or hellfyre did anything to compromise the account. I think this is a fluke thing that now become a huge mess because oo isnt here to respond or give the code to change the password back to something else.. If the sms is actually set to oo , he is the only 1 able to recover the account, otherwise write it off and take it as a loss. All this back and forth finger pointing/insults are counter productive. Most of the sellers (myself included) here have taken a big hit one time or another, it comes with the territory. I am sorry growing that this is your moment, but it happens.

If you say @Redbot verified that the number on the account is the same number on the original owners verification info then you can get that from Red. I will not be giving out anyone's number or personal information to anyone at any time. That would be shady business on my end.

I searched every # ever verified here, the digits don't match any of them.

my 2cents, the sms was set by and disabled by the oo. the sms was still on file even though he disabled it, which is why it didnt show that the 2step was added and will only show (unless you enable it, which is usually only when people try to add another number, which neither hellfyre or growing attempted to do), when the pass was changed for joe by growing, i believe dbg's system flagged the account and wants the sms to verify the change. A similar experience happened to me with an account i had an sms set and disabled on. dbg required me to enter a code they texted me for the buyer to recover the account even after he had already changed the password twice.

This is why you're a mod. I didn't even know disabling a phone # was possible.

@growingforvets have you already reported the account to DBG for a ban? If not, perhaps we can ask the OO again for a recovery attempt.

This is why you're a mod. I didn't even know disabling a phone # was possible.

i had about 7 accounts years ago that i was forced to add a sq and sms to, otherwise the accounts were locked, this was from me not having any info set to the account, along with not having the email verified all while bypassing the launcher. oo as a reputable seller most likely had a similar situation and honestly forgot he set it as it wasn't his normal practice to set one. I do not think anything shady is going on from any party.

Last edited by a moderator:
Xoxo was correct, the OO had placed a phone # on the account and nobody realized this because the # was disabled. The password change triggered its reactivation.

The account has been recovered and all parties satisfied. Closing dispute.

Last edited:
I'm super happy this got resolved the way it did, it seemed super sketchy from the start and I felt bad for the seller. Glad to see XOXO came through with his knowledge and made it right ! A+ admin service here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back