• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

Idea Implemented Require "Registered Country" on all account listings? (1 Viewer)

Redbot

Staff member
Pronouns
He/Him
Rating - 93.3%
41   3   1
edit: I'm converting this thread to a poll. If it passes, future account sales threads will be required to include "Registered Country"

For buyers: I am going to add to ensure the account is US based if you are in the US. I am in a situation right now where a seller here sold me an account that was registered in Canada. I was not aware of that as seller didn't disclose that when selling the account.

I only learned of this 5 months later when I tried to pre-order the expansion. I am unable to purchase with my cc or with pay pal. I contacted daybreak and was informed that since the account was registered in Canada and I am in the US that I am out of luck unless I can provide them with previous cc info that the seller doesn't have as he stated a cc had never been used.

hope this helps.
If there's community demand, I will add "country of origin" to account listings

Last edited:
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I think adding that is a good idea, i have bought a few accounts that ended up having Canada as the country. Ran into the same problem with not being able to use a credit card or PayPal to purchase DB cash for the account.

Adding that will force both buyer and seller to acknowledge in which country the account is currently registered. It never dawned on me that the account could be registered in another country. And it certainly didn't dawn on me that I could be without use of the account when another expansion is released.

It should also promote buyer to ensure that if it's registered in another country that the seller has the cc info. Name. Last four and full address. That is what dpg asked me to provide in order to change from Canada to US. The problem in my case, however, was that the seller had stated that no cc was ever used. Since one was used, and he could not produce the required info, I am unable to buy expansion.

Lesson learned. A: ensure account is registered in your country or B: ensure you have all cc info if it isn't.

Adding that will force both buyer and seller to acknowledge in which country the account is currently registered. It never dawned on me that the account could be registered in another country. And it certainly didn't dawn on me that I could be without use of the account when another expansion is released.

It should also promote buyer to ensure that if it's registered in another country that the seller has the cc info. Name. Last four and full address. That is what dpg asked me to provide in order to change from Canada to US. The problem in my case, however, was that the seller had stated that no cc was ever used. Since one was used, and he could not produce the required info, I am unable to buy expansion.

Lesson learned. A: ensure account is registered in your country or B: ensure you have all cc info if it isn't.
in your case look in game or here for a friends and family package to get the expansion from someone else! good luck

If you purchased an account from someone else, is there a way to find out its country of origin?

If you purchased an account from someone else, is there a way to find out its country of origin?
Yes sir. Account mgt - account info "country". It may be more correct to say country currently registered vs country of origin.

Edit. I may have misunderstood your comment. What is important to highlight is the inability to purchase expansions using a cc, or even pay pal in my case, when account and cc are registered in different countries. Dpg was willing to change country to US for me if I could provide previous cc info, but I couldn't as seller said none was ever used (obviously one was).

Bottom line: If an account isn't registered in the country I live, I'm not buying - for me it's that simple. I don't want to have to involve dpg, even for cc into. I doubt most would want to hassle w that.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
One more dumb question:

What initially determines an account is "registered" in a country? Is it based on the IP, the first credit card used, the patois of the player?

Hustlin is correct, its all based on your IP (or your VPN's IP). Random crap shoot which country will end up buying the account. Customer Service has swapped, to date, about 15 accounts of mine. I put a support ticket in, ask them to change country of origin (Hi, my VPN had me set as USA/Canada when I created the account. I am now wanting to purchase DB Cash and need it swapped to Canada/USA). Received no kickback thus far.

Also, for those who are fearful about contacting support, you have the option to buy a online credit card from the country of origin of the account, and then use that to purchase the items from the DB store

Great idea. Sold quite a few accounts (no issues) then the buyer told me they couldn’t use their credit card or anything to make purchases. The buyers had to use Kronos for everything or contact customer support.

Having this would potentially relieve those issues for both the buyer and seller. Or at the least, notify the buyer of potential payment issues moving forward.

Also, for those who are fearful about contacting support, you have the option to buy a online credit card from the country of origin of the account, and then use that to purchase the items from the DB store

Details please because this needs to be validated and stickied of true otherwise I call bs because I have a account I can not buy a cc from I’ve tried

Canada:

USA:

Buy a prepaid card, load the money. Use the credit card on purchases. Basically any type of Visa / MasterCard tends to be best. You do preload so you do run into a little more you put on the card versus what you spend. I can try to ask the guys who bought some of my accounts which provider(s) they use - when I had asked before they had pretty much eluded to 'you can get it get it anywhere' with strong subtext of [you idiot why would you ask]. There were about 4-5 people who had asked for my help initially to change accounts from CA/USA but shortly after didn't. Some said customer service was no problem, others opted for CC as they didnt wanna bug CS.

Yes sir. Account mgt - account info "country". It may be more correct to say country currently registered vs country of origin.

Edit. I may have misunderstood your comment. What is important to highlight is the inability to purchase expansions using a cc, or even pay pal in my case, when account and cc are registered in different countries. Dpg was willing to change country to US for me if I could provide previous cc info, but I couldn't as seller said none was ever used (obviously one was).

Bottom line: If an account isn't registered in the country I live, I'm not buying - for me it's that simple. I don't want to have to involve dpg, even for cc into. I doubt most would want to hassle w that.

Hope this helps.

This 100%. I (unintentionally) purchased an account based in Europe, and DBG is unwilling to change the country (they just close the tickets). There 100% needs to be a warning sticker if you're buying an account that requires lying to CS or financial engineering just to use.

Hustlin is correct, its all based on your IP (or your VPN's IP). Random crap shoot which country will end up buying the account. Customer Service has swapped, to date, about 15 accounts of mine. I put a support ticket in, ask them to change country of origin (Hi, my VPN had me set as USA/Canada when I created the account. I am now wanting to purchase DB Cash and need it swapped to Canada/USA). Received no kickback thus far.

This is misleading and I'd like to clarify this for other potential buyers who find themselves in this nightmare. DBG CS isn't stupid - it's glaringly obvious what's going on when someone new asks for the country to be changed after the password, email, SQA and details were suddenly changed by someone on the other end of the world. The CS reps aren't just gullible robots doing whatever they're told -- this relates to account security and they 100% investigate it.

Also, USA and CA prepaid cards are one thing. It's a whole different ballgame if the account is based in Europe/some other country.

There needs to be any of the following:
1. Country of origin MUST be disclosed
2. If not, account sellers should be responsible for setting the destination country beforehand. You're not selling characters, you're selling accounts. It doesn't matter if a character matches your description if your customer can't access it.
3. Account returns should be honored if, after reasonable effort, the customer is unable to take proper ownership of the account (For example, having to risk suspension by lying to CS or having to use obscure foreign credit cards)

For those wondering, PayPal will honor a refund if the seller didn't disclose the potential issue beforehand (keep a screenshot/save a copy of the original listing). So yes, this needs to be implemented to protect both buyers and sellers.

Last edited:
If you're unhappy with a seller, please use the feedback feature to let others know. You are allowed to leave *negative* feedback, I promise.

He is one of my customers, and the first to get any sort of pushback in transferring country over to his country. To date it has not mattered but will obviously have to change practices moving forward. Can't help but speculate what ruleset may have changed on their end to prevent people from spending their money via credit card, and can only speculate why the dozens of others were successful and he was not. Either way, if things are changing and CS no longer swapping at ease, then I would suggest we have to adapt for the same.

Does anyone know if DBG is treating EU countries as unique, or does it allow free account movement between member countries?

Canada:

USA:

Buy a prepaid card, load the money. Use the credit card on purchases. Basically any type of Visa / MasterCard tends to be best. You do preload so you do run into a little more you put on the card versus what you spend. I can try to ask the guys who bought some of my accounts which provider(s) they use - when I had asked before they had pretty much eluded to 'you can get it get it anywhere' with strong subtext of [you idiot why would you ask]. There were about 4-5 people who had asked for my help initially to change accounts from CA/USA but shortly after didn't. Some said customer service was no problem, others opted for CC as they didnt wanna bug CS.

We have several users stuck with Chinese accounts. If anyone knows of pre-paid cards from China, or any other way to help them, please reply.

Does anyone know if DBG is treating EU countries as unique, or does it allow free account movement between member countries?

I have a Canadian account with no issues adding/using a domestic card. In the case of the aforementioned account, you can't even select a DBC amount from behind a German VPN (or German Tor exit node) before it denies you. I wouldn't waste money trying to get a foreign prepaid card -- it sounds like DBG is just flagging these accounts as suspicious.

I bought an account and played it for a couple of years, then it got re-posessed and had its password and e-mail changed.

When i then contacted daybreak, i was informed that i couldn't be the owner as i'm from Denmark and the account was made in the US, so yeah, country of origin would be nice. :)

I bought an account and played it for a couple of years, then it got re-posessed and had its password and e-mail changed.

When i then contacted daybreak, i was informed that i couldn't be the owner as i'm from Denmark and the account was made in the US, so yeah, country of origin would be nice. :)

It mostly boils down the CS rep you talk to. Usually the only thing I care about is being able to purchase DBC for the Potion of Amnesia (name change) which requires locality set to your CC. I've bought around 30 accounts and my advice for foreign accounts is:

1. Don't buy it if there's a credit card/phone number attached
2. Don't buy it if there's been more than one owner
3. If it's a large transaction ($400+), ask the original owner to change the country for you (perhaps in exchange for a down payment). This can take up to 2 weeks, though.
4. Don't ask CS to change your country unless you'd believe your own excuse. They won't just tell you "no", they'll ban the account.

To change the country on an account, assuming it has no CC/phone # attached and is relatively new, you can tell them you created it on your work computer which is behind a VPN. Otherwise, bringing attention to the account is akin to petting the security dog at the airport with a kilo of cocaine in your bag.

I think the requirement should be ORIGINAL REGISTERED COUNTRY not current country because it still would be on file and if the person purchasing does not know about the foreign part in the past would lose account if they questioned and had no correct answer to it

when you did this did you sell account as US or once foreign because creation flag foreign would still be in records correct?

Recently and was not the mage was my shaman. And yes they know and I gave them the info and the email on the account why am I being questioned lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back