• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

Dispute Oakwynd Requesting mediation for a completed trade (1 Viewer)

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Username(s) of the accused
n8torious
When did the issue occur?
8/8/2023
Link to transaction thread
deleted because account was sold.
Value of property in dispute
$225
Hello, I am requesting mediation for a disputed transaction between myself and https://ectunnel.com/community/members/n8torious.244619/

All of the logs of our communication is available on the site, and I'd like a neutral party to decide whether or not a refund is warranted in this case.

1691512249456.png

1691512355716.png

1691512569899.png

1691512723244.png

1691512919635.png

1691513076576.png

Last edited:
I've edited the original post to contain 100% of all communication between myself and buyer, while marking out only personal details.

After talking to the moderators, I realized providing a mediator isn't something ectunnel provides, so I'm posting here as the next best thing as per the recommendation of the moderators.
I'm just looking for a fair judgment and as indicated in the DMs am willing to abide by the community's judgment.

What was the "for sale" thread indicate their return policy was.

His other posts indicate refund within 24 hours if items/plat still on account

all of my post indicate zero refunds after the info has been exchanged. And the account was delivered exactly as described.

If you'll look at the timing, I didn't even notice I had left the krono there until over a day after info was exchanged.

The buyer hadn't taken any steps to secure the account and it was within a day or two of transfer, so I don't think it's a big deal. I do think you should have told them you were logging back in though. If @n8torious doesn't have anything new to add we can resolve this one.

I would think buyer has the option to refund or not, seeing as the account he sold was sold accurately, and no refund policy.

With that being said, ultimately I wouldn't want to leave any of my clients sour, so would likely issue a refund seeing as it is only a few days difference, I wouldn't expect a huge market change in sell point.

The buyer hadn't taken any steps to secure the account and it was within a day or two of transfer, so I don't think it's a big deal. I do think you should have told them you were logging back in though. If @n8torious doesn't have anything new to add we can resolve this one.

I can agree with that, I could have had better communication, and it would have been better and more transparent on my part to inform him what I was doing.
I was honestly confused with the whole situation having got no response in two days, and was just thankful to recover them.
It did not occur to me at the time that logging on for whatever reason was a rude thing to do, but I can see that it probably was in retrospect.

Even given that, I don't feel like I should need to offer a refund. Even though the account value is probably identical to last week, I felt I delivered as promised and would just rather not have to go through the re-selling process.

If the only action taken was logging in to retrieve the krono, I don't perceive any problems. No additional risks were introduced to the account due to this act.

If seller's actions had even minutely increased the risk to the account there might be grounds to discuss compensation, but this just isn't the case.

The account was sold in its intended state: without krono. Buyer did not acquire the account expecting 10 krono; this was an inadvertent inclusion. There's no obligation for restitution, as the krono unequivocally belongs to the seller. While I doubt the buyer harbored any malicious intent, it's curious that he took issue with the post-purchase login as it incurs no added risk.

No refund is needed, everything is as intended.

Just my opinion,

~Diamond 💍

Seller -- I think logging into an account after you have received payment + sent information; basically transferring ownership is a big no no. The information not being changed is pretty irrelevant in my opinion. You should always clean out your accounts before the sale takes place, not after. I think you should have gave him time to respond, buyer was a verified member with plenty of feedback after all.

Buyer -- You need to change account information the second you receive it to avoid things like this in the first place.

I can't say I agree with a refund being needed.

You should always clean out your accounts before the sale takes place, not after.
I think that goes without saying. This was a clear error on my part, which is why I felt I should reach out and let a neutral party decide what is appropriate in this instance. I personally feel like whatever I did wrong doesn't necessitate voiding the deal and a refund being issued.

I think you should have gave him time to respond, buyer was a verified member with plenty of feedback after all.
I agree and if you'll look at the time lag, there are multiple days without any communication from the buyer.
I do believe intent should matter, and I think it's clear my only intent was to retrieve the krono erroneously left on the account, which were not a part of the original sale.

As I said I don't believe a refund is necessary at all.

Just trying to put things in perspective for you. I wouldn't want some guy off craigslist showing up at my house and going through the car that I just bought without my knowledge because he forgot something in it. Just because he still had a spare key or had no ill intent doesn't make it "right".

After reading through my opinion is this:

I would not have logged back into the account, as painful as that might be. I wouldn't have even checked the password to be honest. So that's hard for me to excuse as appropriate behavior. BUT, I also understand the urgency / spur of the moment thought process that happens when it comes to things of value. My advice would be moving forward, as blanco said, would be to completely clean out the account next time. I think it's a reasonable agreement to say this shouldn't happen again, but if it does, maybe don't log back into the account to CYOA.

Sellers / Buyers in General: If you can't accept / send the payment / product, wait until both parties can. I'll never understand participating in a $200+ transaction and waiting 72 hours to verify everything. Quit. Doing. That.

But luckily both parties in question here are pretty reputable. If one or the other wasn't, well... we've seen those disputes before.

Seller -- I think logging into an account after you have received payment + sent information; basically transferring ownership is a big no no. The information not being changed is pretty irrelevant in my opinion. You should always clean out your accounts before the sale takes place, not after. I think you should have gave him time to respond, buyer was a verified member with plenty of feedback after all.

Buyer -- You need to change account information the second you receive it to avoid things like this in the first place.

I can't say I agree with a refund being needed.
Well said

Users who are viewing this thread

Back