• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

Report P99 Green Server Scammer - Deathbydesign39 (1 Viewer)

If this did occur, I'm sorry to hear about that.
Personal info should be omitted however, moderators are the only ones allowed to release char/server information.

778.PNG

Language barrier, brand new account with very limited feedback, red flag.
Considering you are verified he should have went first. If you have any questions, there are guides available here on how to avoid scams.

This information is helpful for anyone who might encounter a similar situation. Feedback is King.

Good luck, maybe his internet went out 🙏

~Diamond 💍

I'm truly sorry to hear about this situation. I hope I didn't sound impulsive or rash.
Highlighting preventive measures, such as identifying potential warning signs, benefits everyone. It contributes to avoiding future mistakes which apply to everyone, including myself.
Hope he comes back around, but it does look grim.

@Deathbydesign39 Anyone home? 📢

He might not fully grasp the consequences of engaging in scams on this forum. If he does not come forward, all his personal information, including but not limited to in-game character names, IP addresses, home addresses, and phone numbers of both himself and his family, as well as social media accounts, are all likely to be leaked publicly to everyone here.
On the other hand, maybe his power went out and he is prepared to set up a payment plan/refund.

That is extremely kind of you, though looking back, I really botched this completely. And you're right to point out those red flags for future users. This was my first trade here, and I was a big fool; for example.... and I'm embarrassed to admit it: this wasn't $325 for one item, which might at least make sense. I was buying FOUR items, and one could have been trust-tested/purchased for about $40. But I let the guy convince me that 'that's not how it's done' and that 'it's double the risk.'

Sigh.... I take full responsibility, though I do hope you're right and that he does make it right. Perhaps he never had the items, but I have a feeling that he does and that my foolishness permitted too great a temptation - a crime of opportunity.

Ahh well. I will hope he has a change of heart. I'd still love the items; I am passionately enjoying my return to the game, but with so few players, I need a little help with haste and HP for soloing ;)

Peace be with you, and thank you for your kindness, Diamond.

Daaaang.... He must be hard up. The crazy thing is, he had a lvl 45 Iksar. Maybe he just bought the account, but it's hard to imagine screwing over a fellow EQ enthusiast; a rare breed of people.

I actually might get my money back via chargeback. I can't imagine, but time will tell. In any case, I certainly knew it was a risk and didn't put up more than I could stand to lose; hurt though it did, it's not the end of the world. I forgive the man, and offer him benefit of doubt: he must need it more than I.

Meh. I'm not too kind, but I'll tell you this: 3 years ago I was diagnosed terminally ill; end stage, yadda yadda. It's been a wild ride!

Now I've got a great wife and kids and life is good. But these last few weeks, after everyone is asleep and when I can't sleep, getting to experience Norrath once again (I played heavily from ages 14-18 in 2000-2004) has been so cathartic and wonderful.

Bottom line is: I don't have time to be angry with anyone. In fact, I'm grateful for the chance to offer someone forgiveness, given that I may be asking for a dose of it myself before too long.

(That said, if I can do a chargeback and NOT lose $330, I'll be even happier ;)

Meh. I'm not too kind, but I'll tell you this: 3 years ago I was diagnosed terminally ill; end stage, yadda yadda. It's been a wild ride!

Now I've got a great wife and kids and life is good. But these last few weeks, after everyone is asleep and when I can't sleep, getting to experience Norrath once again (I played heavily from ages 14-18 in 2000-2004) has been so cathartic and wonderful.

Bottom line is: I don't have time to be angry with anyone. In fact, I'm grateful for the chance to offer someone forgiveness, given that I may be asking for a dose of it myself before too long.

(That said, if I can do a chargeback and NOT lose $330, I'll be even happier ;)
I would try to get the money back I think he is just gonna ghost us

Users who are viewing this thread

Back