• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

Idea Middle Man Service (1 Viewer)

nyc13

Caveat Emptor: UNVERIFIED
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I've seen a few threads over the past month in the disputes section about getting scammed. Guys, I really can't stress this enough: use the middle man service.

I know it costs a bit of extra money, but it's really not that expensive. If you're lucky, the other party will be willing to split the cost. If not, then you spend a little bit of extra money to ensure you don't lose hundreds of dollars. In addition, you'll know if someone is trying to scam you if they're unwilling to use it when you ask them to. I've both used and and also avoided scams by asking people to use it who then refused to do so or went radio silent after I asked. It will save you a lot of grief. Feedback is not enough; I've been scammed on here by people with tons of positive feedback who decided to cash out by scamming people in a couple transactions then getting banned. Use the service.

@Coinstop Thank you :)

I just made this post because I got scammed those two times and would've saved myself so much money if I had just used the service and I think a lot of people overlook it unfortunately

I have been trying to do trades with several people here and asked to use a middle man service.
Everone decline and run away, seems there is many scammers here, there is no other way you would not use a middle man service, to make both seller and buyer feel safe.

One even said he was going to report me for wanting to use a middle man service, when i wanting to do a trade, since i dont wanna go first and im more then happy to use a middle man

Reactions: Sic
I have been trying to do trades with several people here and asked to use a middle man service.
Everone decline and run away, seems there is many scammers here, there is no other way you would not use a middle man service, to make both seller and buyer feel safe.

One even said he was going to report me for wanting to use a middle man service, when i wanting to do a trade, since i dont wanna go first and im more then happy to use a middle man

Yeah Ive seen the reports and monitored some things. I can see you are pushing for MM service and seem like an honest buyer thats just being careful. However, for kronos most people burn through them so fast without paying a fee that they prefer to get all the money. I dont feel theyre scamming as most krono sellers have HIGH feedback and solid reputations here. I appreciate that you have safety in mind and push for the MM Service. However, the service is new and most people arent used to forking out a few bucks here for security. But as buyers start demanding it, it will become much more the norm to see it used.

I appreciate buyers like you beginning that trend

Yeah Ive seen the reports and monitored some things. I can see you are pushing for MM service and seem like an honest buyer thats just being careful. However, for kronos most people burn through them so fast without paying a fee that they prefer to get all the money. I dont feel theyre scamming as most krono sellers have HIGH feedback and solid reputations here. I appreciate that you have safety in mind and push for the MM Service. However, the service is new and most people arent used to forking out a few bucks here for security. But as buyers start demanding it, it will become much more the norm to see it used.

I appreciate buyers like you beginning that trend

I have been scammed many times and when i found out you could get verfied, i though that would help out, since you have to send in ID and everthing.
But for many it dosent matter if you are verfied or not, so for me to feel safe is having someone else go first, or the other way to have a middle man service, since that will make both seller and buyer safe and happy.

After getting scammed several time, i will now do everthing i can not to be it again, if that means not be avaible to do some trades, that fine with me.

I hope the trend sets in and more and more people wanna use it, it seems to be the best and safest method right now, since everone useing friends and family payment.

and get verified

Have there been cases of scams involving Verified users before? I don't sell here much. Mainly when a new TLP is out (thus why I am here atm hehehe)

This time around I am doing something different. Going to box 2 fresh accounts and sell them when I quit, instead of sub'ing with my normal 2 primary DBG accounts. I have not had issues selling Kronos before, but I figured if the person is not verified when I sell my accounts, I'll want to use a middleman. But curious if we've had any confirmed Verified users actually commit scams here.

Have there been cases of scams involving Verified users before? I don't sell here much. Mainly when a new TLP is out (thus why I am here atm hehehe)

This time around I am doing something different. Going to box 2 fresh accounts and sell them when I quit, instead of sub'ing with my normal 2 primary DBG accounts. I have not had issues selling Kronos before, but I figured if the person is not verified when I sell my accounts, I'll want to use a middleman. But curious if we've had any confirmed Verified users actually commit scams here.

there is always a chance of being scammed verified or not, when a person is verified however I feel like it deters them from making a scummy decision because their information is out there, + it makes things a lot easier to get them banned on paypal and purse legal action if you decide to.

If they scam and you have sent them money, report them to the cops. I've seen scummy sellers go to court for that and people getting their money back. Just gotta take legal action.

Yes, the two scams that caused me to post this were both by verified sellers with high feedback. I think both were just done playing completely and decided they didn't care about being banned so they just scammed a bunch of people and cashed out.

If the counter party to your transaction is resistant on the middle-man service, then offer to pay the fee yourself (assuming you're willing to pay the extra money). That's what I've done. If you're paying for it, there's literally no reason for them to say no unless they are scamming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back