• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

Poll Implemented Limit ability to create new threads to premium || verified (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teichou

The First Men
Staff member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
During this time of the Covid-19 break out all across the world we here at EC Tunnel have noticed a increase in scams. At this time we are looking to make a new rule to where you must be a Verified and or a Premium member to post. However I do know we have lots of non paid or verified members here that are good and trust worthy members. So for those users we are willing to grandfather them in.

So for this poll I need to know if you as our friends and family in the EQ would are you ok with this switch up?

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
We also want to hear what you the users think so feel free to give us your input on this.

Rather surprised this hasn't happened sooner to be honest. Too easy for someone to pop on randomly and rip someone off with their dangling carrot of deception.

well we have lots of users that are not one or the other and we did not want to outs them lol

verification is cheap and simple ... just dont understand why it wouldnt be required... have to say i have bought from several here that were not verified w/o issues

No offense I’ve tried to be scammed on here by someone I thought was a friend

that being said

I think regardless on what it is all sales should require a middle man transaction so leadership here can verify sales

I’m sorry that will bring income in to ectunnel to help with website and staff

And also require and give security on krono and account sales

I hate to discourage legit users from posting, but there are two very desperate scammers right now absolutely hammering our registration process. If this isn't a problem for anyone, we can set this up tonight or tomorrow.

If you are a long-time user WITHOUT premium/verified, let me know and I'll make an exception for you.

I’ve always been for this. And also just totally realized I’m no longer premium. 😂 Was thinking the smaller inbox was just a regular change and now I know. I’ll update it tonight / tomorrow.

I really don’t like the grandfather me in idea I mean what’s the point of this thread if people just gonna be able to be grandfathered in ?

Just saying I thought the point was to make this safe.

could have frauds here that won’t verify or pay and rip off people. ??

I say if you wanna play and have means to make money you need to verify and pay

Simply just my thoughts

I really don’t like the grandfather me in idea I mean what’s the point of this thread if people just gonna be able to be grandfathered in ?

Simply just my thoughts

about 90% of the scams and frauds are coming from new accounts.

No not what im saying , I understand that part -

what im saying is , if were going to make everything Paid / Verified Why allow Grandfathered accounts in - Meaning they dont have to ?
why no make it good for everyone ? I don't understand the point of allowing grandfathered NONE premium or Verified ? if were trying to make this about safety from here out for the buyer and seller

They will still have limits on everything as they do now.... They can just post... Anyone who makes a new account will have to pay!

oh ok cool
Basically older accounts stay as they are unless they want to upgrade.... I don't want to punish the old users. In a perfect world yes everyone who used ect would shell out our low fee. But we are also not all about the money here...

But also... During the time of covid 19 I have noticed a increasing number of scams and what not from people who are making free accounts. I want to protect our users! People are abusing our free service so we will take it away!

about 90% of the scams and frauds are coming from new accounts.
^^
This.

The majority of unpaid, non-verified users are acting in good faith, and I don't want to punish them for the actions of a handful of repeat scammers.

The decision to trust anyone is still up to the user. If you need a guarantee use an escrow.

Last edited:
^^
This.

The majority of unpaid, non-verified users are acting in good faith, and I don't want to punish them for the actions of a handful of repeat scammers.

The decision to trust anyone is still up to the user. If you need a guarantee use an escrow.

this is the best few words in this entire thread ROFL -

Simply just my thoughts
I 100% Agree with this. Why are you grandfathering anyone in??? Sigh....

I hate to discourage legit users from posting, but there are two very desperate scammers right now absolutely hammering our registration process. If this isn't a problem for anyone, we can set this up tonight or tomorrow.

If you are a long-time user WITHOUT premium/verified, let me know and I'll make an exception for you.

This is an incredibly good idea Redbot.

I 100% Agree with this. Why are you grandfathering anyone in??? Sigh....

100% agree that no one should be grandfathered in, if you don't want to put your information on the line like the rest of us you shouldn't be allowed to make posts. a rule shouldn't only apply to half the users, it should apply to everyone.

If i had it my way you would need verification to do anything on this site, be it buy, sale or trade.

I've completed multiple transactions as an unverified seller. I don't need some random dude who owns a website to 'verify' my credibility. This decision is a shame. You can go ahead and delete my account.

I've completed multiple transactions as an unverified seller. I don't need some random dude who owns a website to 'verify' my credibility. This decision is a shame. You can go ahead and delete my account.

I've completed multiple transactions. You've completed 3. We don't need some random dude who 'refuses' to pay literally $10 for verification. This post is a shame. Glad they went ahead and deleted your account.

I personally say this is a great idea, verified to sell , and if not they can still buy. I can see this helping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back