• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

Question KissAssist with Those Guys MQ2 Plugins (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdrumm

Caveat Emptor: UNVERIFIED
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am trying to use both MacroQuest2 Variations with each other. Mostly because I like certain plugins that Those Guys have, but I cant live without KissAssist now. My whole ordeal is that when I get in-game it seems like Those guys is taking priority over the task and doesn't seem to recognize RedGuide's MQ2. Please Help!

The few plugins I do like which I would love to use outside of Those Guys.

MQ2MMOFastMem (For Fast Mem'ing my spells in-game)
MQ2NoGold (For Auto-Closing "Go Gold" popup in game)
MQ2WinTitle (This one is my fav. It gets annoying switching between char's without knowing what window is what)

Thank you, and I am not trying to offend anyone of either party.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: KissAssist with MMOBugs MQ2 Plugins

You can't run both compiles at the same time. You need to choose one, and for your personal privacy (we don't monitor your gaming sessions) and your account's safety, I recommend RedGuides.

1) FastMem - this is an active hack, and active hacks are targeted in ban waves. We removed fastmem and all active hacks in 2012 which successfully protected our users, and no RedGuides user has been hit in a banwave since.

2) NoGold - That's a ripoff of an ad-blocking plugin we've offered for years. Maskoi thought it up, Sym coded it. Just type "/plugin MQ2NoNagWindows" and you're set. More info here.

3) Try WinEQ2, it assigns unique titlebars to your windows as well as hotkeys and is completely free. Download it here: http://www.lavishsoft.com/download/wineq2
Manual here:
https://www.lavishsoft.com/wiki/index.php/WinEQ_2
If you throw lax a few bucks, you can also unlock the picture-in-picture mode which is great.

Quick and simple. Thanks Redbot! Its just my subscription to Those Guys is about to run out and I wanted to make sure I knew what I was doing before I wasted another dime on something that is broken (Bot.mac). You've helped a lot!!

Don't you have to have subscription to use the full version?

&&Im not doubting PeteSampras, he's a good Dev. Just the Bot doesn't do what Kiss does. I don't feel so stupid when I mess up when using RedGuides, as I did when using MMOThugs. I felt like asking questions was more of a curse than a blessing. I cant wait to get more in-depth with KissAssist and see the whole potential of this awesome mac.

BTW. I can tell this is a great community, I should of picked you guys first :\

It's the full version.

KissAssist is worked on slavishly by Maskoi, and he's backed up by Ctaylor22, TreeHuginDruid, and a team of testers. Glad you like it, I'll point him to this thread!

And yeah, we're always happy to see questions and friendly answers, anything to keep people interested in MQ2 and EQ.

for clarification because i constantly see it wrong. bot.mac is not mq2bot. bot.mac is a bot macro that would be similar to, but more advanced, than KISS.mac. bot.mac is only as good as the user knows how to read instructions and enter ini information. it works perfectly for me~ but if that isnt your thing, then KISS would certainly be better. mq2bot on the other hand is more KISS style in a plugin form, without the pulling and single target buffing.

I know the difference. One is a plugin, One is a Macro. I wasnt taking shots at your Plugin / Macro or anything of that sort Pete. I was just stating that when it comes to jump in and go (and pulling), Kiss has a better approach. Your a great dev Pete. Calm down

I dont doubt for a second your macro has many more options as well as more capabilities. But as of this point, is what I'm talking about.

It was a question of accuracy, not personal taste. To say something is broken implies that it does not work, not that the user hasnt read the instructions or fundamentally doesnt understand how it works.

Thanks Pete, sorry for misrepresenting your work!

I read the instructions for days on end. I worked on setting my macro up to work flawlessly and it worked. But the pulling portion of your Macro hasn't been implemented yet. Your correct about the understanding how it works. I just read and apply what I see. I didn't write the program, you did. The broken part is the Pulling part of your macro.

My bookmarked tabs in my browser is full of MMOBugs wiki's like this one: http://www.mmobugs.com/wiki/index.php/Bot
and this one http://www.mmobugs.com/forums/everq...nd-offsets/28947-mq2bot.html?highlight=mq2bot

Bot.mac has been able to pull since the first day i built it in 2011. I built pulling as the very first thing. It was quite literally designed around pulling. There is an entire [Pulling] section and a wiki all around pulling.

You win dude. I dont know as much as you do. Point taken.
I wish I had an ounce of the knowledge you had about macros and such. I envy your dedication.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you again Redbot!

FWIW, i really don't care if people use it or not. I am not paid by either site beyond individual users occasionally donating. I just happen to be a dev there because it was easier for me to change code directly than submit line by line changes to the other devs. I have no vested interest either way. All i really care about is accuracy in reporting and feedback. I enjoy coding and like to figure out how things work but it is directly dependent on people providing accurate and meaningful feedback. So when someone says something is broken and it isnt, it is super annoying. Having wasted hundreds of hours on red herrings over the years, I am quite insistent on logs and ini settings before i even look into something. The only thing worse is repeating the same thing 100 times over because people don't read. So this isn't to take it out on you, it's been a long time coming in general from many a person not fully reading before complaining about something. So in the future, if you do happen to use anything I've written and come across something that is wrong, just provide the accurate feedback and I will fix it because I have OCD like that.

Don't you have to have subscription to use the full version?

&&Im not doubting PeteSampras, he's a good Dev. Just the Bot doesn't do what Kiss does. I don't feel so stupid when I mess up when using RedGuides, as I did when using MMOBugs. I felt like asking questions was more of a curse than a blessing. I cant wait to get more in-depth with KissAssist and see the whole potential of this awesome mac.

BTW. I can tell this is a great community, I should of picked you guys first :\

oKISS IS BUILT TO BE SIMLPE - and is coming along - but i assure you MQ2bot has a tad up on kiss.mac - only because some of the way mq2bot handles caster's and stuff kiss doesnt yet ( being a MQ2 user ) you should know MAcro's are gonna be consistant but slower then a plugin - which is why it makes MQ2bot a TAD faster for Caster's and heal logic - even berzerkers pete has done VERY VERY well on mq2bot and by all means pete i thank you without a dout - aslo - Mq2bot is built to work on Tlo's /if commands - and also which makes mq2bot ALOT more reactive then kiss - i love maskoi and i hope he understand im not downing kiss - i use kiss Exclusivly for my enchanter - it by far is the best macro ever for a enchanter hands down - and a AFK pullertank- for my Shadowknight- the rest of my toons which is 17 Sk - Cleric - Cleric - Cleric - Cleric - The 4 clerics on Mq2bot - heal logic is point on for healing - wizard mage enchanter x 3 and 3 rangers all 3 of my enchanters are on kiss.mac rest are on mq2bot which i assure you i can box 1 dragon in Ntov raid zone with what i have useing Mq2bot and kiss - by all means read some instruction's on both before downing any just my opinion - Especially since pete specificly ask's everyone to learn how to customize your MQ2bot- ini with /if commands - im sure he would even help on some occations if you asked him to give you some idea's on /if commands for your toons

by all means this is my opinion NOT exact words of anyone from Redguides but me and me only -

Noted Pete, I apologize and understand where your coming from now. And completely see how accurately providing the correct feedback is crucial to anything that has a problem. If someone misrepresents something to be something its not, it makes a lot of unnecessary work for the developers and just slows things down in the bigger scheme of things. And in the future I will definitely proof read and double check things before posting. Like I said. I'm sorry.

- - - Updated - - -

oKISS IS BUILT TO BE SIMLPE - and is coming along - but i assure you MQ2bot has a tad up on kiss.mac - only because some of the way mq2bot handles caster's and stuff kiss doesnt yet ( being a MQ2 user ) you should know MAcro's are gonna be consistant but slower then a plugin - which is why it makes MQ2bot a TAD faster for Caster's and heal logic - even berzerkers pete has done VERY VERY well on mq2bot and by all means pete i thank you without a dout - aslo - Mq2bot is built to work on Tlo's /if commands - and also which makes mq2bot ALOT more reactive then kiss - i love maskoi and i hope he understand im not downing kiss - i use kiss Exclusivly for my enchanter - it by far is the best macro ever for a enchanter hands down - and a AFK pullertank- for my Shadowknight- the rest of my toons which is 17 Sk - Cleric - Cleric - Cleric - Cleric - The 4 clerics on Mq2bot - heal logic is point on for healing - wizard mage enchanter x 3 and 3 rangers all 3 of my enchanters are on kiss.mac rest are on mq2bot which i assure you i can box 1 dragon in Ntov raid zone with what i have useing Mq2bot and kiss - by all means read some instruction's on both before downing any just my opinion - Especially since pete specificly ask's everyone to learn how to customize your MQ2bot- ini with /if commands - im sure he would even help on some occations if you asked him to give you some idea's on /if commands for your toons

by all means this is my opinion NOT exact words of anyone from Redguides but me and me only -

Thanks for the input. I still am learning. Like I said, in the beginning of this thread. I am not trying to offend anyone of either party. Lol, I feel like I just jumped into a snake pit...

Noted Pete, I apologize and understand where your coming from now. And completely see how accurately providing the correct feedback is crucial to anything that has a problem. If someone misrepresents something to be something its not, it makes a lot of unnecessary work for the developers and just slows things down in the bigger scheme of things. And in the future I will definitely proof read and double check things before posting. Like I said. I'm sorry.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the input. I still am learning. Like I said, in the beginning of this thread. I am not trying to offend anyone of either party. Lol, I feel like I just jumped into a snake pit...

My advice is to try and read as many instructions on how things work before jumping the gun accusing someone of there macro or plugin not working tends to not make it fun for you in gettinf results from the dev of the macro or plugin....Be friendly

- - - Updated - - -

Again my words only no one from redguides is speaking but me

I don't get butt hurt or offended by anything IRL and especially not on the internet. Misinformation is just my personal pet peeve and occasionally i go on a crusade to fix it when it is within my realm. That is when I will hop up on the soapbox for a minute. It took more than a couple years before I invested the time to really figure out mq2 beyond what was already built. So I don't expect anyone to know how everything works when they are new.

If you do decide you enjoy mq2, I highly encourage you to read through the wikis on all 3 sites because there is a ton of information on how to can optimize your experience. There is also a TLO builder that I have floating around that consolidates all the TLO members into an excel worksheet that is a quick and dirty on what options are available for you to access. Needless to say, if the information/capability exists in game, then it exists and can be automated in mq2.

I don't get butt hurt or offended by anything IRL and especially not on the internet. Misinformation is just my personal pet peeve and occasionally i go on a crusade to fix it when it is within my realm. That is when I will hop up on the soapbox for a minute. It took more than a couple years before I invested the time to really figure out mq2 beyond what was already built. So I don't expect anyone to know how everything works when they are new.

If you do decide you enjoy mq2, I highly encourage you to read through the wikis on all 3 sites because there is a ton of information on how to can optimize your experience. There is also a TLO builder that I have floating around that consolidates all the TLO members into an excel worksheet that is a quick and dirty on what options are available for you to access. Needless to say, if the information/capability exists in game, then it exists and can be automated in mq2.

http://www.redguides.com/forums/showthread.php/27974-TLO-member-builder?highlight=TLO+Builder

I have definitely taken a-lot away from this! You guys rock!!!

I used to take their plugins and download them with the time changed on my pc when compiling the vanilla MQ2 from the mq2,com website and use some. others had checks in them so I wasent able to get all of them working.
but still you don't have to pay for their service this way.

MQ2WinTitle (This one is my fav. It gets annoying switching between char's without knowing what window is what)
[/B][/COLOR]

This functionality exist in mq2 core.

Create a folder in your Release directory called Configs

Create a file inside that folder call it AutoExec.cfg and put this line in it:
Code:
/SetWinTitle [${EverQuest.PID}/${EverQuest.PID.Hex}] ${Me.Name} (Lvl:${Me.Level} ${Me.Class})

Create a file inside that folder call it CharSelect.cfg and put this line in it:
Code:
/SetWinTitle [${EverQuest.PID}/${EverQuest.PID.Hex}] ${Me.Name} (Lvl:${Me.Level} ${Me.Class})

Create a file inside that folder call it zoned.cfg and put this line in it:
Code:
/SetWinTitle [${EverQuest.PID}/${EverQuest.PID.Hex}] ${Me.Name} ${Zone.ShortName}_${Me.Instance}

Now obviously these are just examples, you can have it set the wintitle to anything you like, the point is, you don't need a plugin to do that for you.

Last edited:

Very nice trick, took 30 seconds to set up, and all my windows now have a custom title. Thanks!

This functionality exist in mq2 core.

Create a folder in your Release directory called Configs

Create a file inside that folder call it AutoExec.cfg and put this line in it:
Code:
/SetWinTitle [${EverQuest.PID}/0x${EverQuest.PID.Hex}] ${Me.Name} (Lvl:${Me.Level} ${Me.Class})

Create a file inside that folder call it CharSelect.cfg and put this line in it:
Code:
/SetWinTitle [${EverQuest.PID}/0x${EverQuest.PID.Hex}] ${Me.Name} (Lvl:${Me.Level} ${Me.Class})

Create a file inside that folder call it zoned.cfg and put this line in it:
Code:
/SetWinTitle [${EverQuest.PID}/${EverQuest.PID.Hex}] ${Me.Name} ${Zone.ShortName}

Now obviously these are just examples, you can have it set the wintitle to anything you like, the point is, you don't need a plugin to do that for you.

I've followed this word for word, and I cannot get it to work. Is there anything else I am supposed to do?

I love reading these threads. Mostly because eqmule eventually shows up and is like, 'yeah I already thought of this, been a function for years'. Like a boss.

Wow.

Just yesterday i thougth a function like this would be nice.
Should be added to base compile (the one you download here).

Last edited:

Man I love the
Code:
/SetWinTitle [${EverQuest.PID}/${EverQuest.PID.Hex}] ${Me.Name} ${Zone.ShortName}

Problem: it only works for 5 seconds until WinEQ changes is back to its less informative title.

Took off: WinEQ {VERSION} {PLUGIN} - EverQuest (Hotkey: {HOTKEY}) in WinEQ preferences but doubt that will help.

Man I love the
Code:

Problem: it only works for 5 seconds until WinEQ changes is back to its less informative title.

Took off: WinEQ {VERSION} {PLUGIN} - EverQuest (Hotkey: {HOTKEY}) in WinEQ preferences but doubt that will help.

Cant remember where it is but you can turn off winEQ's customer titles so MQ2's takes precedence.

Here is the one simple fact.

I wrote KissAssist so people could play EverQuest.

Everything else is irrelevant.

The fear mongering in this thread is real. so is the thread necromancy.

If you're like me and reading this thread for the first time, thinking its not old news (which it is), its worth informing the reader that Those Guys (tm) compile does not monitor anybody's gaming sessions.

nothing stopping you from taking the plugins that kiss uses and they don't have and loading them with any compile redguides don't stop you from using the plugins with any compile you want.

The fear mongering in this thread is real. so is the thread necromancy.

If you're like me and reading this thread for the first time, thinking its not old news (which it is), its worth informing the reader that Those Guys (tm) compile does not monitor anybody's gaming sessions.

MMO absolutely monitors your EQ play and their compile.

I doubt they are scanning your computer outside of EQ. They log every time you use their plugins. They can give logs of how many times you have done what with what plugin.

They monitor your active sessions through their loader so you can't share you accounts.

Man that was one hell of a necro bump, anyhow... AutoCleric Macro better than all!!!!

In other news, there isn't a "unique" plugin on any of the sites. People come out with a good idea someone copies it. Think of RG like Apple/Andriod and MMO like Blackberry. They both work and do the same thing, just one sucks and very few users use anymore. LOL JK... kinda.

In case you haven't guessed, My Race is Troll ;)

I tried Autocleric. My cleric kept sending me tells asking why I wasn't using KissAssist.

MMO absolutely monitors your EQ play and their compile.

I doubt they are scanning your computer outside of EQ. They log every time you use their plugins. They can give logs of how many times you have done what with what plugin.

They monitor your active sessions through their loader so you can't share you accounts.
I think you are misunderstanding. The MMOLoader app just makes contact with the server, verifies your login/password just like the forums, then checks what subscription level you are, just like the forums. and just like on many modern forums and most web apps, if you are logged in from multiple locations, it will eventually log you out from all but one to ensure someone else isnt using your credentials (aka committing identity fraud). you are then authorized to download plugins up to whatever level you've subbed at.

The "monitoring" you speak of: On active hack plugins, counters were added (many users actually asked for this) so that whenever you issue an active hack command, the counter goes up and that data will get pushed to the server as well. Theres only like 2 people that can even see the logs, and they are only checked if someone requests them or there is a "i got banned for X reason" post to confirm/deny that the individual was using active hacks and that maybe people should remember not to use them. There was a problem a few years back with people claiming they didnt use active hacks and getting banned. The counter proved some of those individuals had warped thousands of times and were simply lying. Other times people were using the stealth feature of mq2advloot and didnt realize stealthing was just a different name for warping. other times people legitimately got banned without using active hacks and were probably just reported from someone watching them or random GM luck.

Man that was one hell of a necro bump, anyhow... AutoCleric Macro better than all!!!!

In other news, there isn't a "unique" plugin on any of the sites. People come out with a good idea someone copies it. Think of RG like Apple/Andriod and MMO like Blackberry. They both work and do the same thing, just one sucks and very few users use anymore. LOL JK... kinda.

In case you haven't guessed, My Race is Troll ;)

I have subscriptions to both. I run Mobugs because they have 1 or 2 plugins i can't live without (MQ2Autobuff is like.. GOAT, RG gets this and my sub over there is canceled). I Stay subscribed here for Kiss and the absolutely awesome community. Trying to ask for info/help there is like pulling teeth, forum is a ghost town.

Subscription here is worth the active forum community alone.

I have subscriptions to both. I run Mobugs because they have 1 or 2 plugins i can't live without (MQ2Autobuff is like.. GOAT, RG gets this and my sub over there is canceled). I Stay subscribed here for Kiss and the absolutely awesome community. Trying to ask for info/help there is like pulling teeth, forum is a ghost town.

Subscription here is worth the active forum community alone.

First I've seen MQ2AutoBuff. Not a bad idea for a plugin, and I'm sure some of the plugin writers could easily replicate it. Here is it's usage:
Code:
Description

MQ2AutoBuff is a plugin that will automatically cast buffs you configure it to, based on a "queue", and requests from chars.

Commands

MQ2AutoBuff provides several commands and options for configuration:
/ab will pause/restart processing of the buff queue & buff requests.
/db <name> <buff keyword> will add a buff to the queue for <name>.
/tb <buff keyword> will add a buff to the queue for your target.
/dq lists buffs in the queue.
/cq clears the buff queue.
/abd turns debugging messages on or off.
/readini reloads your options from INI file.
/abhelp displays the help screen (command list summary).
The plugin will use section called [MQ2AutoBuff] in Servername_Charname.ini, located in your main MQ2 directory. For example, if your char is named Zedd on bertox, it will use bertox_zedd.ini.
INI format:
Keys1=comma separated keyword list
Name1=spell or item name
Type1=gem# to mem in or item
Keys2=comma separated keyword list
Name2=spell or item name
Type2=gem# to mem in or item

INI example:
[MQ2AutoBuff]
AutoBuff=on
Keys1=c1,clarity,crack
Name1=Clarity