• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

KA on the new Phini TLP server?? (1 Viewer)

yup It was me your welcome! again glad to help out, I am all about building a community that works, this one works!

Wow, this thread....

First, I fully support the way the community banded together to follow DBG's wishes.

Unfortunately as a few other have commented, if you didn't have TLP's bringing in money, everyone would be forced to EMU and Live would be more dead than it already is for most servers. I know, I know, wheres the proof, facts ect. I have none but based on populations alone and the required Gold access to play on them, It's pretty obvious.

Razkle, as much as I applaud the great contributions you have made to help keep the community rolling, but the stance you have on TLP wanting to cut support for all of them all together, is not a community oriented goal and would only hurt RG. TLP is the reason I came back to EQ again, I support a dozen gold accounts and spend a lot of time here. This goes for quite a few people I know.

I fully support everyone having there own opinion and can throw them around as they please, but could we please tone down the hate?

Personally;
My 'Fuck the TLP' is about I can't understand how anyone could go back to playing old EQ. ITS SOOO SLOW, SMALL and BORING.

To us its not boring since it was our favorite ERA. My son never experienced it, let alone with me.

Hate is a strong word, and you Hate it because its small and slow? You just happened to have experienced enough of it and need more to fuel the feel of advancing. Kunark and previous is kinda Meh but I cant wait for Velious (One of my favorite expacs) Luclin and Pop are by far my favorites. Why wouldn't I want to play them in an age that I have the time/ resources to fully experience it they way I wished I could have back then. Sure I can do that on live, but why when none of its content is relevant.

How is the value of the feeling you get in live more valuable to feel I get on TLP? And why try to ruin someone elses experience by trying to get more to hate on TLP. Thats not the community I joined here.

If they shut down TLP, then you wont see me back here because I am not going back to live. Fortunately they make enough money to keep them alive. I think you guys just hate "THE MAN" and TLP is where those eggs go right now.

I'm by no means telling anyone to hate or not hate it but why so much public push to get others to hate it.

Put this whole shit thread into Rants and flames because that is what it has become.

I am 100% with Maskoi, I simply cannot fathom why you would want to be the 30 year old on the Kindergarten bus? I know every single person that has bought the Atari 2600 console is no longer playing with that thing either! Even when WalMart offers the throw back console, yeah people buy it sure, as a gag gift! no one actually plays the thing! Again NOTHING is stopping you from making a level 1 toon on say, Povar and leveling it the old way but you never do that, why? well THAT is the real question....

You don't like remakes of Final fantasy games? I played them at release and loved most remakes. Even replayed Chrono Trigger on an EMU among others. How is that any different than TLP vs Live other than being an MMO.

TLP = rebuild of EQ with all the comforts of modern MMO's

How does anything that happens on TLP affect you if you don't play there. DBG doesn't give a shit. All it does is satisfy your need to get your opinion into someone elses experience.

Razkle, I answered your question

Why wouldn't I want to play them in an age that I have the time/ resources to fully experience it they way I wished I could have back then. Sure I can do that on live, but why when none of its content is relevant.

I might actually play on a server that started out with at least Velious, or even PoP or something, but the original + Kunark is just blah for me. Velious to GoD was some of the best times I had playing this game. I played back in the classic days, and it doesn't do anything for me.

Can't say I really have a problem with RF/LJ, but people crying about no MQ on Phinny just irks me.

I might actually play on a server that started out with at least Velious, or even PoP or something, but the original + Kunark is just blah for me. Velious to GoD was some of the best times I had playing this game. I played back in the classic days, and it doesn't do anything for me.

Can't say I really have a problem with RF/LJ, but people crying about no MQ on Phinny just irks me.

Come visit us in Febuary/March when Velious releases on RF. That is what I build my teams for. I'm OK with Kunark but I wanted to be ready to slam Velious

No tlp hate from me at least, I play on ragefire.

Ha!

Same ;P

- - - Updated - - -

Again NOTHING is stopping you from making a level 1 toon on say, Povar and leveling it the old way but you never do that, why? well THAT is the real question....

Because it's not the same.

Edit: I did this, btw.. And as i said, it's not the same.

the good news with any new server is it spreads the overall player base out more, boxers like myself like it when people spread out more!

No tlp hate from me at least, I play on ragefire.

I played on Phini for all of about 1 hour and said fuck this. I don't need MQ2 to play EQ, but I'm not going to waste my time leveling (66% slower even), and be bored all day, when I can still get the same out of the TLPs on ragefire (or lockjawk, I suppose....).

I've used MQ2 since 2004. It's been apart of my Everquest experience for a long time. I used to warp, active hack, all of the stuff. It's fun, sure. It's like using gameshark on a game after you beat it. Just because you can. I laughed back in the day when EQMule (pretty sure he was part of that) would add anti-warping stuff, and what not. Good times. Those times are over, and unnecessary for the game. Most of them were purely for convince, that a lot are already added in the game now.

EQ is a fun relaxing game. Even all the drama on ragefire before the free transfers (lol now @ lockjaw problems) was still less than other games like WOW, where the entire game actually creates a toxic environment, just from a design level. Since the free transfers, Ragefire is just like any other server. Sure, you might have the occasional box crew (I run one), but most of them aren't douche-bags. Hell, even the big box crews often gave loot away to people standing around. The biggest problem is more so the 6 man mage groups (or, if we want to keep it based on reality, the 1 or 2 mages that would KS something from that solo player) that try to KS camps, and even those are gone for the most part.

IMO, if you want TLP like everyone wanted from the beginning, Ragefire or Lockjaw are going to be what you're after. Phini wont be fun for most people. You're still not going to get groups. There will still be boxers (I saw like 20+ 2 boxers just ii the hour or so I played...wtf, that was waayyyy more than on ragefire, ever), except those boxers are going to suck because it'll require someone to actually reach over to another computer to do anything. See ya tank, didn't reach over to my other computer fast enough to get that heal off! Peace!

- - - Updated - - -

You don't like remakes of Final fantasy games? I played them at release and loved most remakes. Even replayed Chrono Trigger on an EMU among others. How is that any different than TLP vs Live other than being an MMO.

TLP = rebuild of EQ with all the comforts of modern MMO's

How does anything that happens on TLP affect you if you don't play there. DBG doesn't give a shit. All it does is satisfy your need to get your opinion into someone elses experience.

Razkle, I answered your question

I'd give this guy a Thanks if I could.

I'd be down for a 2 box by IP rule. MQ2 allowed, but limiting to two toons would give many more options that are missing on Phinny. Sat LFG for 4 hours yesterday as a prime DPS class...some of those other roles heal/tank/cc are pretty hard to fill at times.

So DON'T play there. BOYCOTT PHINNY. lt DBG KNOW we are the big spenders, and maybe we as a comunity can start asking for a few specials.

Well draaco, that is kinda the point of that server....

Phinny is all about that old world, LFG for hours, slow XP grind, ancient, archaic, single box, no MQ~~ kinda play.

Draaco its just like the normal live servers if you don't box you need to make friends if you want consistent groups.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back