• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

KA on the new Phini TLP server?? (1 Viewer)

Rating - 100%
101   0   0
I'm trying to follow all of the different information across other threads, but not 100% what it really translates to. Is it true that Kiss Assist will be disabled for using on the new Phinigal TLP server? I know it is a TRUE BOX server, but just playing 2 characters on 2 machines and having KA drive my healer on the 2nd machine was what I was planning on doing. Is this possibility out the window?

KissAssist/Macroquest will not work on Phinigel. If you want to use KissAssist, choose another server. I hear Lockjaw is beautiful this time of year.

Meh. Ragefire/LJ is the reason I was either going to quit or go to Phinny. Got tired of playing by myself with my own 6man group. Was hoping Phinny would alleviate that since massive box groups went plague the server, but if Phinny requires having my hands on the keyboard every minute of playtime due to no MQ2, it might be the end of the road for me.

Crumpshot read what you wrote: "Got tired of playing by myself with my own 6man group. Was hoping Phinny would alleviate that since massive box groups went plague the server".

crumpshot in other words you saying you want MQ/KA for yourself but not for others.

If so you are welcome to find offsets, bypass detection and compile yourself, RG is not going to help you here.

Seriously, there are so many servers to MQ on, let the anti-MQ crowd have their fun on Phinny.

I personally think it really cool that DBG and MQ2 topdevs could come to a gentleman's agreement on this. I have no interest in Phinny type of server but plenty of people do. It should be an interesting experiment. I predict there will be plenty of 6 boxes again doing it the OG way, but mostly 2-3 boxes.

crumpshot in other words you saying you want MQ/KA for yourself but not for others.

Back the flame down, yo. Actually in my words I said that Phinny is the solution to the current anti-social servers due to ease of multi-boxing on them; thus my interest in that server. The majority of people will have to play together and that is main aspect I enjoy in the game; but the current ability to multi-box so easily from a single PC is why the players are so isolated. However, I am un-interested in having to manually drive every single action of my character(s) if I played on that server. No where did I say anything about having MQ/KA for myself and not others. I just enjoy the automation aspect of MQ so that I don't have to sit all decrepit on a mouse/keyboard every second of playtime.

If so you are welcome to find offsets, bypass detection and compile yourself, RG is not going to help you here.

I'm on here paying a sub, donating to devs for the work they do just like you and the rest of the folks on RG. I don't need your negative attitude just to get a couple of my questions/opinions answered that are are no way derogatory toward you or anyone else on here.

MacroQuest2 dot com has said Phinny is HANDS OFF
We are following their wishes, no Redguides compile will work on Phinny.

Did you think we had forgotten?
Did you think we had forgiven?
Death to the TLP Servers!
Death to Phinigel!

Fuck the TLP Servers!

Crump he was not flaming you man, he was saying your point was a little um... whats the correct word.... oh yeah... hypocritical
I totally agree with Maskio, Fuck TLP! If they all keep fucking around they will push DBG to close out boxing on all servers, shut down the game and go broke.

- - - Updated - - -

I would challenge all the sites to go one farther, no gear or character sales on phinny, if people cannot sell a level 50 mage off from their army they have no reason to make 35 mage army! I would vote that we don't add TLP shit to the bazaar here

- - - Updated - - -

The quicker Phinny dies off from no people on it the quicker DBG will let us boxers get back to enjoying this game at our pace. NOTHING is stopping anyone from starting at level 1 and never going to pok except personal responsibility.....

Crump he was not flaming you man, he was saying your point was a little um... whats the correct word.... oh yeah... hypocritical
I totally agree with Maskio, Fuck TLP! If they all keep fucking around they will push DBG to close out boxing on all servers, shut down the game and go broke.

- - - Updated - - -

I would challenge all the sites to go one farther, no gear or character sales on phinny, if people cannot sell a level 50 mage off from their army they have no reason to make 35 mage army! I would vote that we don't add TLP shit to the bazaar here

- - - Updated - - -

The quicker Phinny dies off from no people on it the quicker DBG will let us boxers get back to enjoying this game at our pace. NOTHING is stopping anyone from starting at level 1 and never going to pok except personal responsibility.....

2882473-8979705387-Preac.jpg

You all should be glad there are tlp servers, they bring a large amount of money into dbg pockets. also alot of gold accounts...

I am glad, I just want them to stay away from my MQ2, if I had my way there would not even be mq2 for any TLP, you want that old school experience, go do it! but leave my toys here in my sandbox!

what is your guys problem? I've played all the TLPs and used MQ2 on all of them. Sound like a bunch of pansies.

EQ hasn't given a fuck about MQ2 for a long ass time. As long as you aren't doing active shit you are left alone.

The new server is not going to have MQ2, and the devs will make sure of that.

It sucks, trust me I will miss MQ2, however I will still have a box crew. I never gave a fuck what the whiners were talking about, I pay for this game and therefore I can do whatever the fuck I want with it. DBG just wants people to have one account per computer. This will just make it harder for me, but I have a bunch of laptops so its no big deal.

The big thing is that as a community we have agreed to let the non MQ'ers have their very own little sand box where everything is sparkles and sunshine rainbows void of rampant 36 boxing roflstomp mage armies pew pewing their nostalgia. Which is totally fine by me. Now if we go with the whole "Fuck DBG I do what I want!" attitude then going after MQ2 may actually be a thing. Right now it seems they could give a shit about live servers(hullo The(Srslylolz) Broken Mirror. Messing with Phinny is bad juju, and honestly why is a such a big deal to not MQ on seriously the *only* server where we are not supposed to?

MQ2/Redguides is the only thing keeping me playing EQ at this point. If we as a community can't have the respect to let Phinny be MQ2-free it could potentially really ruin things for basically all of EQs population. I would say the average MQer has a lot more Gold accounts than the average non-MQer.

Last edited:
no one said anything about mq2 on phinny, its going to be disabled. The point is people bitching about people playing more than one character.

I'm just waiting for the lol moment when the non using population realizes Sony could kill mq2 on all servers but isn't. Fully agree with Eqmule et al for agreeing to not support phini

I'm just waiting for the lol moment when the non using population realizes Sony could kill mq2 on all servers but isn't. Fully agree with Eqmule et al for agreeing to not support phini

If DBG tried to kill MQ2 on all servers it would not end well for them. It would start a game of cat and mouse and they would end up with a much less understanding crew running MQ2 in the end; the hardcore active hackers would probably be the ones to take over. This is much better for both parties.

I am glad, I just want them to stay away from my MQ2, if I had my way there would not even be mq2 for any TLP, you want that old school experience, go do it! but leave my toys here in my sandbox!

Ah, didnt know MQ2 didnt exist back the day.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

The big thing is that as a community we have agreed to let the non MQ'ers have their very own little sand box where everything is sparkles and sunshine rainbows void of rampant 36 boxing roflstomp mage armies pew pewing their nostalgia. Which is totally fine by me. Now if we go with the whole "Fuck DBG I do what I want!" attitude then going after MQ2 may actually be a thing. Right now it seems they could give a shit about live servers(hullo The(Srslylolz) Broken Mirror. Messing with Phinny is bad juju, and honestly why is a such a big deal to not MQ on seriously the *only* server where we are not supposed to?

MQ2/Redguides is the only thing keeping me playing EQ at this point. If we as a community can't have the respect to let Phinny be MQ2-free it could potentially really ruin things for basically all of EQs population. I would say the average MQer has a lot more Gold accounts than the average non-MQer.

Just to make this clear. I am glad MQ2 dont work on Phinny. Just saying i dont understand and dont like this tlp hate.

The TLP hate is because to many of the "F*ck SOE/DBG I am gonna run 50 man armies and be damn obvious about it" folks are running around on TLPs highlighting the fact that MQ2 is alive and well... and in the process snubbing the other folks on the servers... who of course are leaning on DBG to "DO SOMETHING!!"... hence the new "no box, and no MQ -wink wink-" server. So to make DBG and the buttsore folks happy, we WANT to stay away from Phinny.

What is beyond understanding are the folks who keep trying to push MQ in to Phinny.... 50 other servers to go play on and only the 1 you are asked to stay away from and THATS the one you want to go MQ2 on? WTH?

If we start a cat and mouse game with DBG, it will eventually shut down MQ available to the general public like last time. The only way to calm folks down would be to keep it away from the assholes and idiots until DBG calms down again (which will be after losing a ton of accounts, but from thier standpoint and many players , would be well worth it)

Yeah, but alot of the mass boxer on tlp dont do this because of mq2, but because of isBoxer :) Thats easy to see, if alot of them are active after an patch, before the new compile is out.

I am sure most of them use MQ2 also, but they would be there without also.

Tlps are server like every other server also, just with a alot higher player density, because of a smaller world and more player on that servers also. They bring dbg alot of money and thats we all should be glad about. Thats good for the live servers also, and pretty much needed if you look at the last expansion. releasing such piece of bugged software only shows how desperate they are. no developer time to do this right, and in need of money. life servers are empty.

So, give tlp an high five and ... fuck phinny, lets hope this server fails, and ppl move back to rg and lj.

ps.. i hate typing on an ipad...

The one thing about all this that I just don't/can't understand is why... Why would anyone care what someone else is doing? Unless it interferes with what I'm doing. EQ is not a competition among players where only the winner gets the prize. The prize is there for everyone, whenever you are ready to go claim it. The prize, spending hours entertaining yourself so you can forget you have no life?

I have been playing EQ for 10 years and using MQ for about 9 of those years. The single most interesting thing to me is how much of the MQ function is now a normal part of the game. Anyone remember what a pain in arse tradeskills were before the combine macro, now combine is part of the EQ world. Travel was another pain without wrap and piggyzone, now we have fellowship and guild ports for everyone. Still need to work on making getting places easier but it has come a long way.

Point is there is plenty of room for everyone to do their thing without interfering with anyone else. Too many crybabies playing EQ worried about someone else having fun.

The real problem aside from box armies is people are blatant about their mq2 use on tlp. The will afk and kill nameds targeting them thru walls or afk camp a named people are going after. On live servers you see the odd dumb shit afk on brother island but mostly on live servers mq2 users are more discrete.

People on tlp would in group activly talk about their enchanter or sk track. Mq maps gives a big advantage when there isn't enough content to go around and it makes people upset. Same goes when people are automated at a camp they want.

Before tlp came out people havnt complained about mq2 in a long time.

The one thing about all this that I just don't/can't understand is why... Why would anyone care what someone else is doing? Unless it interferes with what I'm doing.

Mage armies moving into your camp and holding down content 24/7 without an actual player there interferes with many people.

I have no issues with player run armies, I am however happy about the new TLP server and its rules.

So i guess I will just take my money and walk from here then? I like when I can decide for my self and not have others to do it for me..
I want to use MQ2 on Phinny to run my one account on one comp. It have many more features then running mageboxarmies.. but I guess that you all know.

You won't find a site that will support MQ2 on Phinny, there is an agreement. But, to each his own. I hope you don't care about your account in EQ, good luck to you.

No one is stopping you from doing so.

Feel free to program your own anti-detection, find your own offsets, and whatever else needs to be done to bypass the work that eqmule/DBG put into this, and you can MQ all you want on Phinny. Good luck.

So i guess I will just take my money and walk from here then? I like when I can decide for my self and not have others to do it for me..
I want to use MQ2 on Phinny to run my one account on one comp. It have many more features then running mageboxarmies.. but I guess that you all know.

#byefelicia

Good luck locating a website that offers a 100% safe method of using MQ2 on phinny.

I was pretty happy when I heard about the new progression server and the instanced raiding. Between work and kids I don't have the availability or the desire to be on call for raid mobs. Then I saw the "true box" rule and no MQ2... I cant understand why would they do this? Do they think they will pull the people from p99 or something? I mean I get the whole lets ban the AFK botters who are holding popular camps 24/7. However Even back in the day on my old Pentium 3 I 2 boxed on 1 system.

Sorry to see you go Mira,

All sites offering mq2 for download knew there was going to be a certain amount of fallout and people walking away over this. It is controversial, I understand.

I played level 1-3 yesterday to stay connected with what the players are having to go thru without mq2 on phinny, and yeah the 3 hours it took was indeed painful, I haven't felt that bored since I quit playing eq the first time back in 2001. (Then I found mq and I've played ever since)

Point is, we created mq to make Everquest more fun, take away the tedious parts, etc.

Let people discover this by themself on phinny, Hopefully they won't quit eq but join us on the fun servers where you can use mq2 as much as you need to.

My own brother called me this morning asking if he could get a working mq2, I told him no.
That's how comitted I am to this.

Keeping this server mq2 free is going to be good for us long term.

When you are ready to come back ( just stay ;) ) mq2 will be there for you, no hard feelings, good luck.

Disclaimer: I'm only affiliated with macroquest2.com I don't endorse any other sites, I'm just a regular member here cause I like to hang out with mq2 users, I would post the same message on any other forum if the topic came up.

With the TLP server, they have limited room to mosey around in. And with the BOT armies sitting on major named, even raid mobs/zones, it actually does turn into a competition. Especially when you run into the monkey droppings who insist on purposely blocking folks. Judging from teamspeak with friends on TLP, some douche has a dragon kill squad on RF. No chance of competing with a BOT army with MQ2Map =(

Not to keep re-iterating what others are posting, but the attitude towards MQ has been because it has had low/no impact on folks on the live server for a while, with the obvious folks eventually getting the boot after enough reports. As you mention, on live there is plenty of room to set up in out of the way areas, or simply pay more attention in more populated areas.

SOME of the folks MQing on TLP server, might as well be walking around with a huge neon arrow pointing at them, with a blinky sign "MQ user!! whatcha gonna do about it?!?" It is not the TLP servers themselves, so much as it is the folks believing they have a right to use MQ and want to shove it in folks faces like some Femanazi at a rally.

The MQ2 users might be bringing in cash for DBG, but not enough to ignore complaints from the other cash paying customers =/

ummm. this just makes you an ass for not respecting others wishes. You have plenty of servers to play on, stay the $*&@ off phinny.

People that get on here and bitch about no MQ on Phinny are either A) Trolls or B) Mildly Mentally Handicapped

You are not an exception, no we don't care how pissed off you get, and no you won't find MQ support for Phinny. We as a community have already made that judgement. Now move along with your sense of entitlement. Bye.

LOL you funny. Good Luck

Well, sad if you go. But you are right, you can decide for yourself. In this case it's to either play without MQ2 on Phinny, or with MQ2 on EVERY OTHER SERVER.

You can use MQ2 on Phinny, you just have to create an working build, ignoring what the community and (in my eyes more important) eqmule, the currently more or less ONLY active developer for MQ2 want.

You wont find any major side where you can get an working Phinny build, and i doubt any minor sides also. Plus you have to understand that currently DBG is active scanning on Phinny for MQ2, and i think the almost whole community would like that it stay that way.

So, maybe you will just overthink your stance. Ill hope you get your fun, and i am glad if you stay.

I am happy to offer the following for those getting ready to try at bypassing the Phinny code detection.

Transfer all your items and Plat to me, I will hold them for you while you do your test.

Your gear will be there waiting for you if you log back on with the same toon.............. otherwise I will donate it to the "I was a risktaker" guild, well minus my handling fee of course......

Give a shout if you need my services....

Cheers

You know how we all as a community now only run vanilla ka and no active hacks, well not every single person is or was happy about that but it was done, and it is the normal now, I am glad. Mostly because we found harmony with DBG on the whole KA issue. Now greedy motherfuckers are trying to pay rent using KA on TLP and it is showing! I have a ton of toons, I almost never sell anything, I do trade from time to time. Fuck I could make rent selling the shit I have in the bank (35+ rares at last count) But that is not the point of this post. All of the community that voted and decided no active hacks has voted and agreed no KA on Phinny, I wish it was none on any TLP. There is a bigger picture here you seem to not grasp. DBG wants our money but not the greedy bastards who are ruining game play for the rest. They don't mind a boxer when it is solo people like you that want to improve single group gameplay, they want to stop the 50 mage armies. I have 48 toons logged on right now as I type this, makes me a hypocrite right? Well not really, my server has no real bazaar so I have to farm any mats I need so I set groups to get me mats, out of everyones way, I give up the prime camps and find a place away from everyone to get my shit. Am I in grounds? Nope, too high traffic, but I can PL the shit outta toons in Morells Castle, out of the way. Box Smart, Box S-Mart....

- - - Updated - - -

BTW I AM a hypocrite for saying Fuck TLP then making the Phinny Logo for Redguides for the Forum... but I can live with that....

You know how we all as a community now only run vanilla ka and no active hacks, well not every single person is or was happy about that but it was done, and it is the normal now, I am glad. Mostly because we found harmony with DBG on the whole KA issue. Now greedy motherfuckers are trying to pay rent using KA on TLP and it is showing! I have a ton of toons, I almost never sell anything, I do trade from time to time. Fuck I could make rent selling the shit I have in the bank (35+ rares at last count) But that is not the point of this post. All of the community that voted and decided no active hacks has voted and agreed no KA on Phinny, I wish it was none on any TLP. There is a bigger picture here you seem to not grasp. DBG wants our money but not the greedy bastards who are ruining game play for the rest. They don't mind a boxer when it is solo people like you that want to improve single group gameplay, they want to stop the 50 mage armies. I have 48 toons logged on right now as I type this, makes me a hypocrite right? Well not really, my server has no real bazaar so I have to farm any mats I need so I set groups to get me mats, out of everyones way, I give up the prime camps and find a place away from everyone to get my shit. Am I in grounds? Nope, too high traffic, but I can PL the shit outta toons in Morells Castle, out of the way. Box Smart, Box S-Mart....

- - - Updated - - -

BTW I AM a hypocrite for saying Fuck TLP then making the Phinny Logo for Redguides for the Forum... but I can live with that....

I'm assuming you did it so...

Thanks for the new avatar, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back