• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

Suspicious i just purchased an account like 4 hrs ago and it is suspended when I tried to sign in just now. (1 Viewer)

From my personal experience as I read down this thread I immediately thought IP suspension. But what I find curious is that I log into peoples accounts all the time and sometimes they are from other countries but most often they are not close by since I am on the far side of the west coast. I have never once had this issue, there was never an auto flagged ip suspension. And it would be the same auto flag for the ip change. But it does not happen. And we are talking thousands of accounts over the years. So add that to the data bank. I have done accounts for a guy in Japan recently, a guy in China, a dude in Europe, etc. No issues. Weird right? Wouldnt it be the exact same issue we are seeing here? If its automated to auto flag and suspend when someone logs into an account from an ip then someone else from a different ip far away in the same day? I dont know. Seems like its not that regular of a thing from my experience.

Last edited:
His listing said he don't know the email and he isn't the original owner both things to pay attention when spending money on an account. I hope it all works out for all parties,

Registered Country
us.png
United States
Creator No, I'm not the original creator.
Total Past Users Two
Email📧 I cannot supply the original email
address.SMS📞 No, there is no phone number linked to the account.
Credit Card💳 No credit card has ever been used on the account.

His listing said he don't know the email and he isn't the original owner both things to pay attention when spending money on an account. I hope it all works out for all parties,

Registered Country
us.png
United States
Total Past Users Two
he edited it. the post wasnt like this

Registered Country
us.png
United States
Total Past Users Two
i wont touch or even buy it if he mentioned it in the first place. maybe the admins can see how the original post was.
just fishy for all he have done till now

I believe the admins are able to look at a original post, there good at resolving things
i hope so. wouldnt say thats a big money. but the feeling is not good when you think you found the perfect duo and got this happen. plus, his post was misleading.
anyway. shame on whoever have done this kind of things

I've established that the account is currently "suspended" for "cheating".

Nobody in this thread has access to the email on the account. However, I've been talking with the email owner, and have confirmed two important details:

1) No password change emails since before the sale.
2) There has been no suspension or ban email of any kind.

Last edited:
I've established that the account is currently "suspended" for "cheating".

Nobody in this thread has access to the email on the account. However, I've been talking with the email owner, and have confirmed two important details:

1) No password change emails since before the sale.
2) There has been no suspension or ban email of any kind.
thats good. how long can i get the account or the refund?
my purpose is to buy an account not to be involved in any kind of drama

Not getting an email is usually a bad sign, though not always. In cases where access is restored, it's usually 7 days.

However, that shouldn't concern you as I think you should be given a refund.

Thank you everyone for insight and comments!

Not getting an email is usually a bad sign, though not always. In cases where access is restored, it's usually 7 days.

However, that shouldn't concern you as I think you should be given a refund.

Thank you everyone for insight and comments!
so what i can do now? should i contact the seller or ectunnel will contact him for me please?

I've talked to the seller and made a recommendation. In the eyes of this site, the sale was never completed.

The suspension is "cheating" and there was no email. As @bractos45 said, the odds of an account doing something to get suspended within 3 hours is unlikely. Cheating suspensions happen in random waves long after detection, in order to cloak detection methods. Whatever the cause, it doesn't sound like the buyer. And if spk1985 is acting maliciously and attempting to steal the account, they'd have changed the password.

Aye. I’ve already agreed to refund when and if I get access to the account back.

Was waiting for Red to put more info out. But I agree with him, as the buyer was never able to successfully log into the account, the buyer should be entitled to a Full refund. Even if it was an IP ban that did this, you as the seller should take responsibility (as logging into accounts right before ownership transfer is aways a risk) for the failed transaction.

I know it sucks, but this type of profit-loss can happen.

Since password / email was never changed, you still have the account in your possession technically. My recommendation is to issue a refund, (or discuss terms of a refund with your buyer) and then email DB to go through the process of unlocking your account.

I also think since clear terms weren’t defined from the get-go this buyer was led into buying something thinking it was something else.

Not accusing either of you, just saying since the failure of this transaction definitely wasn’t the fault of your buyer, I’d be getting his money back to him and then focusing on re-claiming your account.

Oh, and of course there isn’t a guarantee they’ll unlock your account, especially if you are unable to fully prove it’s your account. (Wrong birthday given, wrong zip code etc)

I also think since clear terms weren’t defined from the get-go this buyer was led into buying something thinking it was something else.
What you say and how you say it matters, a lesson that humbled me, that I had to own as well...

when can I get my refund? and why can he still sell stuff?
Negative feedback doesn't mean you can't sell, I still do all the time... however, negative feedback just has a poor stereotyping that is driven within the culture here... we ALL are human behind these accounts, we ALL make mistakes, do your best to get it resolved and remove negative feedback; learn from it, grow from it, be better moving forward...

But until the admin come to the conclusion it was malicious or fraud or whatnot, then he is innocent until proven guilty so-to-speak... typically, if it is deemed poor, then his account will have some different things highlighting it for other buyers/traders; i.e. "under investigation" or "banned/jerk" as examples... but give Redbot time, he and the rest of the staff are pretty good about seeing these things through properly!

Just my two cents. Pray there is an appropriate resolution for both parties!

Last edited:
negative feedback just has a poor stereotyping that is driven poorly within the culture here...

Negative feedback cannot be quantified as having a stereotype, it is literal definition. It has been deemed inappropriate behavior for the site by all traders and involved parties.

In absolutely all aspects of ECT, including but not limited to; safety being the utmost important. Feedback is King.

@KronoLevel is correct, though I believe "Thousands" is a bit of an overestimate. I do understand what he means, you'll have to forgive me for taking the literal word. He has most certainly logged into more accounts than 99% of this site, he runs one of the best IF NOT the best PL available. I'm glad he chimed in because he probably has more experience with this than any of us. I trust his judgment when he says he has not had this issue in the past, leading me to believe that geographical login was not the cause of the suspension/ban.

Last edited:
I was thinking on this too most of my sales are accounts , some to other US citizens some to other countries have never had an issue. It is likely it could be a number of things on Yelinak alone many have been suspended for 7 to 14 days . Have heard many rumors of all sorts, could be Eyes, could be multiplicity, could be cheating hacks no one really knows , but I don’t believe in this situation it was IP address flag especially 3 hours into the account with no log in. But again none of us can really know.

however, negative feedback just has a poor stereotyping that is driven within the culture here...
Compare this site to eBay or Amazon, where every big seller has at least a few red marks on their record. On ECT, members are afraid to leave negative feedback, and for good reason: look at the public dragging folks go through who dare leave a critique.

I routinely have fights with moderators and top traders here about feedback. My goal is to change the culture to be more accepting of critiques, and I don't appear to be winning.
Feedback is King.
Case and Point. LOL SMH

Last edited:
as the buyer was never able to successfully log into the account, the buyer should be entitled to a Full refund. Even if it was an IP ban that did this, you as the seller should take responsibility (as logging into accounts right before ownership transfer is aways a risk) for the failed transaction.
I know it sucks, but this type of profit-loss can happen.
Since password / email was never changed, you still have the account in your possession technically.
My recommendation is to issue a refund, (or discuss terms of a refund with your buyer) and then email DB to go through the process of unlocking your account.
Not accusing either of you, just saying since the failure of this transaction definitely wasn’t the fault of your buyer, I’d be getting his money back to him and then focusing on re-claiming your account.
Time to do what's right, @Purplegrasshopper
@bractos45 recommendation here speaks volume about this transaction and what @Purplegrasshopper 's course of action should be

Last edited:
i dont know why i have to wait for him to secure his suspended account before i can get my refund. If i dont have anything to do with his xxxx

The suspension will never be lifted, so its so easy to say "ill give you the money when I get the account back". (I have no proof that it will never be lifted, ignore this tom foolishness).

This could also be a good reason to only work with people with active feedback. Or, see if the buyer can log in his other existing toons to see if they got suspended at the same time as well or if they are still alive and kicking (which would suggest IP ban more likely).

I bought an account for $300 bucks once and it was suspended for cheating a few days later, as was all the accounts that pos sold to others as well. Another time I bought 2 accounts and had them macroing skill ups while I was afk and they were both indefinitely suspended, though I think maybe I could have invoked that by my macroing as soon as I got the accounts in my possession and couldnt rule out that I did it and not the seller or IP change/country change/securing the account from another country, etc...

Sorry to hear this shit happend. I check my paypal account everyday and I always expect to see a chargeback or some other sort of f*ckery but so far, I've been lucky. Sorry to everyone involed and good bye to the suspended account in question.

Hope everyone has a good day regardless... shit sucks.

Last edited:
Its probably much easier for them to blanket-ban any sus things and await a petition from a "real" person to make sure there's a reason for a strange occurrence, as probably 90% of the time people don't reach out to get unsuspended, or have really flimsy stories for CSR as to why the red flag occurred.

The suspension will never be lifted, so its so easy to say "ill give you the money when I get the account back".
And just so we're clear... was it a suspension or a ban... one will be lifted the other will NOT... that said, the seller is NOT the original creator and does NOT have the original email address, then we cannot verify if an email was sent, nor can you verify if it was a suspension or a ban... because I don't believe you can login on either occurence, correct?

Yet another reason a refund should be issued.

Sorry for the late reply, I was locked out of the thread for a bit. There's a lot of misinformation going around, so I want to set the record straight.

1. On my listing, I am selling 5 accounts. I sold one the day before yesterday. No issues. Account isn't banned. The other 3 accounts still for sale are also not suspended or banned. I am willing to share my screen and log into each account to demonstrate this. Perhaps the "cheating" occurred with a previous owner, but it wasn't me as is demonstrated by my other accounts. Or maybe it was an IP ban. The fact is no one knows.
2. When selling multiple accounts in 1 thread, you don't have the option to select multiple options with the drop-downs. So some of the options did not apply to some of the accounts. No way around that. For example, the Beastlord I sold, I had the original e-mail it was created with, access to that e-mail, and was able to give that to the person who bought the account. Each account is different.
3. I have already agreed to a refund once I've taken possession back of the account. The buyer has the password and SQA. Nothing stopping him from securing the account the second the suspension is lifted. Is that likely? No, but still a risk. So I'll commit to the following: If the account's suspension is not lifted within 7 days from yesterday, I will issue a full refund. 90% of suspensions are 7-day vacations, so let's see what happens. No one knows because an e-mail was never sent. Maybe it's 7 days, maybe it's a perma ban. Either way, the buyer will get his refund in a few days.

@FreEQ2Play my bad. I have an account that is suspended indefinitely (even checked a year later), sorry for throwing that statement out there about their account in question will never get unsuspended. I have edited my post to somewhat retract that statement :)

what about you issue me my money first and you wait for the 7 days? why do i have to secure your account when i cannot evcen change the email?
please give me my money back so i can shop for another one. ur just a waste of time.

2. When selling multiple accounts in 1 thread, you don't have the option to select multiple options with the drop-downs. So some of the options did not apply to some of the accounts. No way around that. For example, the Beastlord I sold, I had the original e-mail it was created with, access to that e-mail, and was able to give that to the person who bought the account. Each account is different.
3. I have already agreed to a refund once I've taken possession back of the account. The buyer has the password and SQA. Nothing stopping him from securing the account the second the suspension is lifted. Is that likely? No, but still a risk. So I'll commit to the following: If the account's suspension is not lifted within 7 days from yesterday, I will issue a full refund. 90% of suspensions are 7-day vacations, so let's see what happens. No one knows because an e-mail was never sent. Maybe it's 7 days, maybe it's a perma ban. Either way, the buyer will get his refund in a few days.
2. You can create multiple threads for EACH account; granted it's not the best, but maybe create two-three different threads to FIT THE FACTS for each of the accounts that are similar, just a thought, you can go through the Accounts thread and see people doing it ALL THE TIME. So that means you. can. too :p

3. Anyone have any thoughts here? Without access to the email, the SELLER, and buyer, would never have known 1. if it was a suspension or ban, whether it was temporary or permanent 2. even with the password and SQA, there would be no way to know if it's been lifted unless it's constantly being checked... 3. I still believe
@bractos45 recommendation is still the correct one
... issue the refund and you work out the issues regarding suspenion/ban since it was YOUR account that YOU were selling misleadingly incorrect?

I know I don't post much here but just for a bit of info there was a big suspension wave last Thursday no emails nothing, we lost 5 raid members who insist the only thing they use is multiplicity and seq(idk if that's the truth because I also use them and of the 8 accounts I currently have active none got hit), but everyone who was hit that I've spoken to where given 7 days after petitioning so if that was the case here, and considering redbot talked to the email owner and confirmed its suspended then the suspension should be up Thursday

Last edited:
We can go back and forth on this for days. I've made my decision, a decision that protects me as well. That's the end of it. The buyer will get his refund when the account suspension is lifted and I've secured the account or NLT next Monday, whichever is sooner.

We can go back and forth on this for days. I've made my decision, a decision that protects me as well. That's the end of it. The buyer will get his refund when the account suspension is lifted and I've secured the account or NLT next Monday, whichever is sooner.
How can you protect yourself? Don't you need access to the ORIGINAL email to make any changes to "protect" you? Am I incorrect here?

everyone who was hit that I've spoken to where given 7 days after petitioning so if that was the case here, and considering redbot talked to the email owner and confirmed its suspended then the suspension should be up Thursday
The suspension is "cheating" and there was no email.
So did someone "petition" to get the 7 days rolling?

@Redbot, if the original owner did NOT receive an email regarding the suspension; how was he able to verify it was suspended for cheating? This is more of an FMI (for my information question here).

The buyer will get his refund when the account suspension is lifted and I've secured the account or NLT next Monday, whichever is sooner.

Alrighty, checking back here Monday. If this thread gets silly between now and then we'll probably lock it, but so far everyone's been very helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back