• You've discovered EC Tunnel đŸ’”đŸ«±đŸ»â€đŸ«ČđŸŸ a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character đŸ§™â€â™‚ïž you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

Suspicious i just purchased an account like 4 hrs ago and it is suspended when I tried to sign in just now. (1 Viewer)

Rating - 100%
5   0   1
Username(s) of the accused
Purplegrasshopper
When did the issue occur?
15 AUG 2022
Link to transaction thread
https://ectunnel.com/community/threads/selling-mischief-level-70-accounts-bst-brd-dru-mnk-mag.96179/
Value of property in dispute
135 usd + 9.66 usd paypal fee
purchased an account on here from purplegrasshopper and 2 hours later the account is suspended , I asked the seller for a refund and the seller is not complying and I dont even have the chance to look at any characters......

This is some high-level crazy right here. Here's the true facts. Sold him the account this morning. Immediately before selling him the account, I logged into the account. I always do this to make sure the log-in info I'm about to send is correct and that there aren't any issues. The account was fine! A few hours later, he's telling me it's suspended. What? I sold another account yesterday, no issues. I also have 3 other accounts for sale in the same thread, and all 3 accounts are not suspended. I'm willing to share my screen and log into the accounts to prove this. Further, I'm willing to put admins in touch with the person I sold the first account to so they can see there's no issues with that account. So we are to believe I'm selling 5 accounts and that 4 of them are completely fine, no suspensions, no issues, but that I've been cheating on only this 1 account? It's completely absurd. What's more likely is this guy did something nefarious, had the account suspended, in an attempt to scam me out of money by giving him a refund. He already had a neutral review for payment issues, and I have 22 positive reviews with never any issues.

and the fact is you sold me a suspended account and got my money.
admin i can give you his provided id and password. and you can try to sign in

From the terms and rules,

ECTunnel will not hold anyone responsible for the actions of a GM, guild, glitch, or act of God outside of either party's control after a completed transaction, unless under the purview of a trader's explicit policy or other written agreement.

At any time were you able to successfully log into the account and access the character?

That's one of many possibilities.

If you'd rather deal with this issue without my help, you'll need to do it on another website.

Sorry, I'm just now catching up on this thread. Couple of things. First, as I mentioned, I logged into the account immediately before sending him the account information. It was fine and not suspended. I sent him the account info at 7:32am EST. He messaged me 3 hours later at 10:29am EST saying that the account is suspended. I have no idea what happened in those 3 hours. All I know is that the account was good when I transmitted the credentials. Second, I unfortunately don't have the account's e-mail readily available - I honestly don't even remember what it is. I had a whole 6-man crew on Mischief and only wrote down the Daybreak usernames/passwords in an excel file.

Not enough info for me to make any sound judgments..

I will say for future reference, try and NOT log into accounts you plan on selling for at least a few days to a week before. Sudden IP Address changes is probably what flagged this account. I have really yet to see anyone get banned that fast from nefarious playing; most take at least a few weeks for the report to get processed. (Which is why my mind leans on an IP Suspension, or something that happened a few weeks ago is just now getting punished) Another thing I’ll add to the New Seller’s Guide.

Last edited:
Seems like a reasonable explanation @bractos45. Probably makes sense to wait for the suspension (a week?) to finish, then if he can access the account as originally sold and still wants the account, then all is well? Otherwise, I am willing to refund if I can get access to the account back.

It depends what the infraction is. If a GM catches you train, you're instantly suspended.
Like if he personally in-game witnesses you? Feel like you’d have to be doing some severe zone disruptment to beckon one of them in-game. XD
Seems like a reasonable explanation @bractos45. Probably makes sense to wait for the suspension (a week?) to finish, then if he can access the account as originally sold and still wants the account, then all is well? Otherwise, I am willing to refund if I can get access to the account back.

No. That’s not what I mean at all. This suspension could be an indefinite suspension. I’m throwing out ideas as to what could have caused this. Most of these suspensions / temp bans that happen to recently sold accounts (within a day) are typically associated with IP swaps, old reports just going through, or best case (but still annoying) scenario, you have to link a mobile phone to your account.

Either way, what the community sees so far is;

1. You logged into the account before sending information.
2. Sent information
3. Few hours later buyer reaches out saying the account has been suspended wanting a refund.
4. You verified account before-hand so should be good.

There’s a lot that’s happened here in these 4 points. How long was it before you logged into account before he attempted to? Was he EVER able to log into the account? If not, why did he wait 3 - 4 hours before reaching out? I’d be doing damn near everything I can do to try and figure out what that email was...

To the buyer;

Were you able to log in via the account manager / launchpad at any point? And were you able to change any information on the account?
How long from the time he sent account information to you did it take for you to realize you were banned?

EDIT; This is why I say take screenshots y’all.

A little detective work has found that there's been no password change recently, nor email change. A suspension based on IP is looking most likely, especially considering different countries between buyer and seller.

why the 3 hours diff. i was on the way home and sending him paypal by my phone. that was around 6.30pm for me which i jist off to work. then i have to go back and have dinner and family time. so after everything is done. i just to log in and see if the account is fine for the first time. I couldn't log in because i received the i am suspended msg.
why i wanted to buy his acc. it is because his druid could be a perfect duo for my paladin. and i did also successfully sell my shaman in yelinak. check my feedback and also ask the buyer please. if feedback matters.

different country wont matter as did sell 2 times here (3 actually but 1 didnt get feedback). the 3 buyers of maline never have such a problem

i just in depth read the seller reply. so his sale says he got email to provided but cannot give access but now he says he cannot provide or himself cant even log in. isnt that fishy here or his sales is misleading?

Pulled these from the seller's thread...

Seller:

mail📧 I cannot supply the original email address.

Yes, I'm the original creator.

Buyer:

If this was ME and he could not provide ALL the information, including the email... I would have looked for another account *shrug*

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

That said, if there is any ignorance on my part, I'd love for someone else to chime in here... educate me :p

This is just me thinking out loud, but if you're the ORIGINAL creator, then how in the world can you NOT supply the ORIGINAL email? SMH

this is 7 am for me so i am ready to work and see what's the update

Update (from my understanding) is because the seller logged into the account before you did from an a different international IP, the account was auto-flagged / suspended when you tried to log into it.

Technically, since seller claims he is the original owner of the account, he shouldn’t have an issue emailing DB and stating there’s been some screw-up as “obviously he has stayed put and never logged in anywhere else”. They’ll probably request some verification that’s already on the account, then they should unlock it. Think I had to like submit my ID along with some form?

I know this because as I’ve dealt with this before back when I was traveling a lot for work. Have a red-eye flight to catch, play EQ up until I gotta leave for the airport, get on plane, get into hotel, get back onto EQ, suspended. Happens, but they’re pretty quick to get back to you, and then I’d probably keep the account / issue a refund as I don’t see a safe way of continuing the transaction with the auto-flag.

EDIT: And again, can’t stress this enough
 Let the accounts “cool off” for at least a week before selling them. I‘ve had zero issues since Adapting this mentality.

Technically, since seller claims he is the original owner of the account, he shouldn’t have an issue emailing DB and stating there’s been some screw-up as “obviously he has stayed put and never logged in anywhere else”. They’ll probably request some verification that’s already on the account, then they should unlock it. Think I had to like submit my ID along with some form?

Happens, but they’re pretty quick to get back to you, and then I’d probably keep the account / issue a refund as I don’t see a safe way of continuing the transaction with the auto-flag.

Let the accounts “cool off” for at least a week before selling them. I‘ve had zero issues since Adapting this mentality.
I feel like all of this is the manner in which to handle this @Purplegrasshopper , and then both of you move onto removing the negative feedbacks from one another once you have the account back and refund is issued....

@bractos45 good stuff right here sir!

already wasted 1 day of my new char time on Thornblade > <. was excited to use the druid. do some shopping and transferred to Thornblade to play with my friend

I feel like all of this is the manner in which to handle this @Purplegrasshopper , and then both of you move onto removing the negative feedbacks from one another once you have the account back and refund is issued....

@bractos45 good stuff right here sir!
Aye. I’ve already agreed to refund when and if I get access to the account back.

Pulled these from the seller's thread...

Seller:

mail📧 I cannot supply the original email address.

Yes, I'm the original creator.

Buyer:

If this was ME and he could not provide ALL the information, including the email... I would have looked for another account *shrug*

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

That said, if there is any ignorance on my part, I'd love for someone else to chime in here... educate me :p

This is just me thinking out loud, but if you're the ORIGINAL creator, then how in the world can you NOT supply the ORIGINAL email? SMH
if i knew it and was mentioned, i would not pay. this thread helped me to recognize it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back