• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

Tech Help with discord customer service. (1 Viewer)

Rating - 100%
252   0   0
Had my discord account disabled due to spam last week. All I did was copy paste something to like 2 or 3 people. Nothing threatening or spam or bot like. I figure I got false flagged. My first ticket was a useless response. I made a 2nd account and was fine for a bit. I join a group from a website invite link and within a minute my 2nd account gets the same thing. I have now sent 3 tickets and all 3 tickets I get the same copy paste crap from the same dude named Clyde who responds at 1am every time and refused to send my ticket to someone else. The dude doesn't even say anything but the same copy paste.

Anyone have some pull in this area that can help me out please. If the things I did count as spam and deserves an account being perma disabled... then well discord is real shit. But I know the flag is false. Nothing I did deserves to have my account disabled.

I just need a real customer service person to look at my account.

Thanks.

Discord is very easy to access, that's why it's so easy for people to jump on board.

I'm near 90k users on my server - and I will tell you the amount of garbage I have to dodge/filter out to make sure the server doesn't vanish is nuts.

Sorry to hear though @Ctalbus ... They do that regularly, it's a really shitty way to handle people.

If y ou have a nitro sub, they tell you too bad oh well, suck it up.

90k users on your server and you still don't know how to contact a human being that works for the company?

Do you know if it'll auto unlink my phone number from that account one they decide to delete it after the X days or whatever. Kind of annoying that I can't even use my phone number for a new discord.

There are no humans. There is only Clyde (BOT) and Dadbot. I belong to a group of people who have a tech problem that's been going on two years. We're growing old together!

No pull here, sorry. It's a pity that the EQ community embraced discord.

I'm keeping a close eye on the element.io open source project and hoping it catches on.

I'm part of another community that uses this, primarily for the privacy reasons, and the fact that we can host our own servers. Discord is more polished, but Element is nearly 1:1 with discord these days.

After using it for a few years now I'm confident in recommending it anyone that values their privacy. I would delete my discord in a heartbeat if so many other people didn't use it as the default go-to for their communities =(

I'm part of another community that uses this, primarily for the privacy reasons, and the fact that we can host our own servers. Discord is more polished, but Element is nearly 1:1 with discord these days.

After using it for a few years now I'm confident in recommending it anyone that values their privacy. I would delete my discord in a heartbeat if so many other people didn't use it as the default go-to for their communities =(
Tell them to use https://t2bot.io/discord/ to bridge, then you can keep both

I expect most people would find such a bot 'scary'. Don't get me wrong, we use element <-> IRC bridges too, I think they're great. But the type of person that only knows of and uses discord is unlikely to start dropping these sorts of bridges into their communities. Some more technical communities, sure. But that's pretty slim pickings.

The whole situation is kind of frustrating, even the Pirate Party of Australia uses discord, and any mention of element is met with "meh, discord works fine though".

I gave up caring long ago, I just wanted to give a voice of support to your "watchful eye" on element.

Yah, it's kind of eye opening when discord completely locks and deletes your account after 3 years for no real reason other than their automatic system mistook my lag for spam.

How you could possibly put in a system that auto locks accounts but don't have someone that will check tickets, is just mind boggling to me. Any 10 year old could have looked at my activity and seen I was not a bot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back