• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

Guide how to sell Account safely (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Hey All,

I keep seeing people posting characters for sale here and resident users like me would not touch them with a 50 foot pole, and there are good reasons for this. It is also due to those exact same reasons that users like me have never been banned or "caught". So I thought Id post some of my experience and advice for other users who may be newer to this environment.

1) DO NOT use the same username or login information at all for that matter as you have on the forums of the game you are selling the account from. As a buyer check if the seller has done this as this would result in a almost guaranteed ban. As all the devs hav to do is check that specific users in-game account and see if it changes IP address to a new regular one and bam, they have pretty much got conclusive evidence it has been sold.

2) DO NOT post any information that makes you character identifiable, you also do not need to do this. Not everyone on the forums needs to know everything about the character or account, only the people that are interested. and beleive me, no matter how good your account is, there wont be very much interest, 1-5 people tops. yet youll get above 150+ views of your thread. that is just clearly unsafe. Make your threads teasers rather than loaded with information. Have a fully equipped mega super ultra account? It will suffice to write "high end #CharClass" and then ask people to write to you aksing for the information. This is not a failsafe but a great deal safer.

3) DO NOT go first on deals with people who have no feedback, no matter how good the deal may be, acctually the better the deal is the worse an idea it is to go first. Good rule of thumb. (should be self evident)

4) DO check peoples paypal information etc. When the times comes for a deal and your sending payment. Google the email address that they provide you, takes 2 seconds and can really give you a great deal of information.

5) DO check the reputation of the chracter you have been sold yourself. Once you know the name of the character check by using search on the servers forums what has been said about this character in the past. this is specially important with very good characters which people may be wanting to unload because they are at risk to get banned on the next wave. If a user for example has said "WTS #SomeItem /tell #CharName" and you then do the same under a new username on that forum. Then you have some explaining to do to the devs.

6) High Feedback is NOT necessarily a good thing. Do not take people as being safe just because they have high feedback. If you look at the history of this websites most of the accounts and items that get people banned are from high feedback seller who have sold may too many items and accounts. The more reference point the devs of the server have, the easier it becomes to identify the seller. Once they have the seller, they have ALL the previous buyers, even if you bought from them years before. This was explicitly explained in one of the developer videos of the project 1999 team for example. Be wary of buying and selling to people who have tons of sales. they are trustworthy but they inherit new risks.

I may add things to this list that I see in the future or if people have things that they think are necessary tips as well please post here and bump it, so we can try and make this a more profitable place to be a member of. Sadly quite a few accounts on sale right now that I would not recommend buying and thats dissapointing because if people had just followed some simple rules the entire bazaar would be richer for it.

kind regards!

6)The more reference point the devs of the server have, the easier it becomes to identify the seller. Once they have the seller, they have ALL the previous buyers, even if you bought from them years before.

QFE. Thunder has a succinct point.

GM's arent interested in banning the sellers, they allow them to keep trading because they're constantly feeding them fresh meat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back