• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

Bans Firiona Vie FV - Word of Warning to Potential Customers for Account Purchases (1 Viewer)

Rating - 100%
83   0   0
05/23/2024

Hate to even have to bring this up, but for those uninformed and potentially purchasing accounts on FV...

There was recently a large suspension / ban wave on FV (And Test, but no one really sells there) and I've noticed a large influx of people selling off accounts as soon as these 7 day suspensions ended, which was on 5/16/2024.

Before purchasing an account on FV, especially within the next few months until things have "slowed down", I recommend talking to the sellers of these accounts to ensure they are not flagged, or have not been previously suspended in any way, as there is not a current format to include this information within the initial post on the site.

I'm making this post because I'd like to avoid the potential heartache of buyers purchasing these accounts, only to lose them permanently at a later date because of the previous flags. I too had several accounts suspended that were only "guilty by association" of the accounts I was using to power-level them with; but I don't believe trying to sell them off to "recoup" some losses is an appropriate way to go about business, unless full transparency is talked about, and agreed upon before selling. I too am "losing money" because of this. I get it, I know it sucks, but trying to hawk off accounts that have had action taken on them is extremely shady to potential customers. (In my opinion)

Not trying to be the bad-guy here, but "Clean Accounts" also should include whether or not they have been suspended before, which would obviously not be "Clean Accounts". Talk to your sellers.

If this type of posts are considered unwarranted, or wrong, please tell me to delete @Redbot @Teichou and I'll obviously do-so.

Maybe there should be an option in the menu when selling accounts. Same as is SQA set? Is there an email verified to the account? Maybe that list should include: Was there ever a suspension on this account?

Not that this is a bad idea, but:

1) This is borderline impossible to police, and
2) I know of a ton of accounts (including some of my own) that had never been suspended before this wave that got outright banned.

I think if you buy anything on this site you should just assume that MQ was used on it and there's always a chance it will get caught up in a wave.

Not that this is a bad idea, but:

1) This is borderline impossible to police, and
2) I know of a ton of accounts (including some of my own) that had never been suspended before this wave that got outright banned.

I think if you buy anything on this site you should just assume that MQ was used on it and there's always a chance it will get caught up in a wave.

I agree. I'm mainly talking about the accounts that were clearly just unsuspended that people are trying to hawk off. Think that's just shitty. I'll be deleting this thread after a bit of time passes.

And I agree with getting banned outright, it's a risk; however a once previously suspended account, is a guarantee at this point. Basically, there's a huge difference in hoping it's safe, and knowing it's not.

however a once previously suspended account, is a guarantee at this point.

Know you're just trying to look out for people and I know it's well intentioned, but I've had accounts get banned with no prior suspensions and I have had accounts get 5+ and still no ban. We simply don't have any hardfast rules of what DBG is doing and putting this sort of disclaimer will give a false sense of security.

Like I said - buyers should just assume anything they buy on this site has been touched with MQ and has a possibility to get banned.

I think there's no harm in being transparent with potential buyers and letting them know in advance if the account has been suspended previously or not. Anything else is shady. And I've been in the same situation. Accounts that have been suspended multiple times with no bans, and accounts that didn't even have MQ2 on them that were outright banned. Me personally? I'm not selling any of my accounts that were "apart of" the last ban-wave, as much as that sucks. But as mentioned, I had accounts that were completely "clean" (no MQ2 ever loaded, played entirely by hand) that were banned during this last wave; this tells me none of my current accounts are "safe" to sell, regardless of assumptions about this site or not.

I'm not saying to not sell, I'm simply stating that there needs to be a level of transparency between the seller and buyer, without that, it opens up doors to potential downfall that could have at least been talked about in advance.

It was just the opposite for me. I'm on FV and after the ban wave I started buying accounts, not just in FV but wherever I found a good deal. I picked up several accounts on all servers. I was looking to buy after the suspension wave.

Rob I have you on ignore on the other site already. Your opinion on this matter is totally unwarranted. I don't care if YOU think it's safe, or YOU don't care about getting banned; as your judgment on most things is not what we encourage on ECT.

And scares buyers? Or protects shady sellers?

Transparency between the sellers and buyers is always warranted. Period.

I can't seem to get rid of you. I'll simply defer to Corvinus as I've never sold anything on here and you don't play on FV but were still suspended. FV doesn't want or need you to police it.

For the record; Rob's upset with me because I, and many others, stated that we shouldn't openly advertise or talk about third-party usages / sites in-game, or bring attention to FV in particular, since it was the target of the most recent wave.

Because of this, I'm forever branded as Rob's arch nemesis who apparently doesn't even play on FV.

I think me and Corvinus were having a pretty civil discussion, but he had to interject with yet another personally biased opinion. And I've never had to put anyone on ignore before.

For the record he doesn't play on FV. And if he and one other person taking over a thread are anything other than a vocal minority that's news to me.

I think about you about as often as I think of Smegma. And about in the same way. I bought accounts after the ban. I asked regardless of server if they have any suspensions against them. You assume with your post buyers need to limit that action to FV which is preposterous.
I don't appreciate your repeated attacks on FV.

1717631396919.png

1717631448053.png

1717631472471.png

1717631512139.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's just a few examples, from all different users, but you're right, me and one other person.

In fact, the only people who "took your side" on the matter were the guildies / people you "helped out" (or bought) with services.

You're butthurt because instead of people patting your back for "helping people out", we told you to calm down.

For the record he doesn't play on FV.

How did you even come to this conclusion?! Lol. I've been around a bit longer than you, and anyone who knows me, knows there's only one server I play on. (Or offer services on for that matter, one quick search here will provide proof of that.)

I bought accounts after the ban. I asked regardless of server if they have any suspensions against them.
Once again, glad that because "you're doing something" everyone else should automatically be doing it as well. This is an informational post for buyers, and sellers alike.
You assume with your post buyers need to limit that action to FV which is preposterous.
I don't appreciate your repeated attacks on FV.

Lol.

I'm "limiting that action" to FV, because I know of about 10 different people who were talking about their numerous suspended / banned account after the FV ban-wave, then the DAY that suspension ended, they posted those same accounts, stripped of all gear, etc... to try and make a quick buck off of them. (And anyone who read this thread would be smart enough to automatically apply it to all other servers if they wish to do so, but as the bans were literally targeted towards FV, I'm not concerned RIGHT NOW about recently suspended accounts on other servers.) If they were trying to be honest, the suspensions would've been included in their initial post. NOT trying to limit the buyer to having to ask / assume for that information.

Once again, good for you on doing things one way, but just because you do, doesn't mean public information shouldn't be shared. That's great you purchased accounts after the bans, that's great you asked if they had prior suspensions. Not everyone knows to do that, WHICH WAS THE PURPOSE OF THIS THREAD.

But no worries there pal; any day now and I'll be deleting this thread. So calm down.

Consumers cannot make prudent decisions without information. Respected members that have been around, like bractos and Corvinus, are considering the long term. Nobody is attacking your precious server but there are patterns of people dumping hot accounts on this website after suspension waves.
Kindly note that you are a newer member. Coming onto ECTunnel and being toxic, telling somebody that you think of them as often as smegma, is unwarranted and unwelcome. Your personal experience is not indicative of reality and this is not the place for schoolyard mentalities.

This post should be left up but modified to be more general. Accounts sold on any server have probably had MQ/other stuff used on them. RMT is just as against the rules as MQ. We all engage with this platform at our own peril.

Stay cool, or salty, whatever.
Xuande

This post should be left up but modified to be more general. Accounts sold on any server have probably had MQ/other stuff used on them. RMT is just as against the rules as MQ. We all engage with this platform at our own peril.

I can agree to that. I was planning on deleting when TOL FTP comes out. (Been watching for anything else to come down the pipe) I'll edit to apply more generally soon; think FV stuck out as that's where I've spent my entire EQ career / seemed to be the center of attention at the time this post was made.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back