• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

Guide EverQuest Account Buyer's & Seller's Guide (1 Viewer)

EverQuest Account Buyer's Guide

If you're new to buying EverQuest goods, welcome! We're happy to have you. If you run across something you don't understand, or have a tip for new EverQuest traders, please reply here.

Before you make your first trade, please read the Safe Trading Guide to avoid bans and scams.

Account Security:
  • Secret Question / Answer:
    The secret question and answer (SQA) on an account cannot be reset. This is a potential vulnerability, as others could use this information to take your account. The safest accounts will not have a SQA set, the next best situation is to know the SQA. Any other situation will require more trust in past account users.
  • SMS:
    SMS is a type of account protection based on a mobile phone number, which can be reset with access to or cooperation from the currently listed number. The original number can sometimes help with account recovery. The safest accounts will not have SMS set, the next best situation is to know the original # used on the account. Any other situation will require more trust in past account users.
  • Email:
    The "Verified Email" on an account can be reset. The original email can sometimes help with account recovery. The safest accounts will either have un-verified email (allowing you to set the first verified email) or give you full access to the original email account. The next best situation is to know the original email used on the account. Any other situation will require more trust in past account users.
  • Credit card & Billing:
    This is currently the most important factor in account security. When attempting account recovery, you'll be asked for the last 4 digits and billing address of the original and/or previous credit card. The safest accounts will have never used a credit card, the next best situation is to know the last 4 & billing of each card used. Any other situation will require more trust in past account users.
  • Registered Country:
    An account's country of origin may affect your ability to add a payment source. The best option is to purchase accounts that are registered in the same country as your credit card. A lengthy discussion on account's country, including tips on changing the registered country, can be found here.
Post-Purchase Security:

1) Change the account password, 2) change the email address, 3) add more authentication (phone, key, etc.)
If you were given a pre-made email account, it's a nice gesture by the seller but also another attack vector. Please read here for more information on email and EQ account security.​

EverQuest Account Seller's Guide
  • Share security details slowly:
    Don't give the SQA, email, billing, and other details all at once. Confirm that the buyer can log in to the account first, then share account recovery details after. (h/t @Ksales)
  • Use several mediums:
    Consider sending login details to your buyer over several mediums, such as conversation, email and text message. For example, send the username over ectunnel and the password to their Paypal email. If either party's account or email is compromised, hackers will only get partial details.
Acronyms:
  • WTB - "Want to buy"
  • WTS - "Want to sell"
  • WTT - "Want to trade"
  • TLP - "Time Locked Progression", a server that unlocks expansion packs over time.
  • PM - "private message" or at EC Tunnel, "start conversation"
  • F&F - friends & family, a type of payment you can send in PayPal that cannot be reversed.
  • FnF - see above
  • SQA - "Secret Question / Answer"
  • PL - "Powerlevel"
  • LOL - "Lots of love"

Trading Tips:
  • Take screenshots in-game to confirm sales should something go awry.
  • Because GMs from Project1999 and increasingly Daybreak will do their best to find users they dislike in-game, consider using Feedback Privacy and following our in-game privacy tips.

Trade with Verified users, read the Safe Trading Guide, and stay vigilant!

Any other EQ specific tips? Please reply!

Last edited:
I saw someone posted a scam alert on a user yesterday. I can't stress enough that only making large purchases with verified users is important.

Also, be sure accounts do not have SMS two-factor authentication turned on after purchase, and be sure to turn on SMS authentication yourself after securing the account.

Glad to help the community out here, its best to be safe as a seller and confirm that when you sold something they were able to log in BEFORE you relinquish full access of the account away ( and GET PROOF; have them tell you they were able to log in here on the website so that you have proof they confirmed it for you. )

For buyers: I am going to add to ensure the account is US based if you are in the US. I am in a situation right now where a seller here sold me an account that was registered in Canada. I was not aware of that as seller didn't disclose that when selling the account.

I only learned of this 5 months later when I tried to pre-order the expansion. I am unable to purchase with my cc or with pay pal. I contacted daybreak and was informed that since the account was registered in Canada and I am in the US that I am out of luck unless I can provide them with previous cc info that the seller doesn't have as he stated a cc had never been used.

hope this helps.

I have a question about the email... does it have to truly be the original email or just the current email?

I was thinking I could change the email address to one I can then give to the buyer and that would give them more control. But will that not matter since it's not the true original address?

I have a question about the email... does it have to truly be the original email or just the current email?

I was thinking I could change the email address to one I can then give to the buyer and that would give them more control. But will that not matter since it's not the true original address?
The original email is a piece of information they have and it's been used as owner verification. I'm not sure if it's currently being used as a method of recovery.

EverQuest Account Buyer's Guide

If you're new to buying EverQuest goods, welcome! We're happy to have you. If you run across something you don't understand, or have a tip for new EverQuest traders, please reply here.

Before you make your first trade, please read the Safe Trading Guide to avoid bans and scams.

Account Security:
  • Secret Question / Answer:
    The secret question and answer (SQA) on an account cannot be reset. This is a potential vulnerability, as others could use this information to take your account. The safest accounts will not have a SQA set, the next best situation is to know the SQA. Any other situation will require more trust in past account users.
  • SMS:
    SMS is a type of account protection based on a mobile phone number, which can be reset with access to or cooperation from the currently listed number. The original number can sometimes help with account recovery. The safest accounts will not have SMS set, the next best situation is to know the original # used on the account. Any other situation will require more trust in past account users.
  • Email:
    The "Verified Email" on an account can be reset. The original email can sometimes help with account recovery. The safest accounts will either have un-verified email (allowing you to set the first verified email) or give you full access to the original email account. The next best situation is to know the original email used on the account. Any other situation will require more trust in past account users.
  • Credit card & Billing:
    This is currently the most important factor in account security. When attempting account recovery, you'll be asked for the last 4 digits and billing address of the original and/or previous credit card. The safest accounts will have never used a credit card, the next best situation is to know the last 4 & billing of each card used. Any other situation will require more trust in past account users.
  • Registered Country:
    An account's country of origin may affect your ability to add a payment source. The best option is to purchase accounts that are registered in the same country as your credit card. A lengthy discussion on account's country, including tips on changing the registered country, can be found here.
  • Securing your account after purchase:
    Change the account password, and if given an email account, change the email password as well. There's more you can do to secure an account post-purchase, as detailed in this thread.
EverQuest Account Seller's Guide
  • Share security details slowly:
    Don't give the SQA, email, billing, and other details all at once. Confirm that the buyer can log in to the account first, then share account recovery details after. (h/t @Ksales)​
  • Use several mediums:
    Consider sending login details to your buyer over several mediums, such as conversation, email and text message. For example, send the username over ectunnel and the password to their Paypal email. If either party's account or email is compromised, hackers will only get partial details.​
Acronyms:
  • WTB - "Want to buy"
  • WTS - "Want to sell"
  • WTT - "Want to trade"
  • TLP - "Time Locked Progression", a server that unlocks expansion packs over time.
  • PM - "private message" or at EC Tunnel, "start conversation"
  • F&F - friends & family, a type of payment you can send in PayPal that cannot be reversed.
  • FnF - see above
  • SQA - "Secret Question / Answer"
  • PL - "Powerlevel"
  • LOL - "Lots of love"

Trading Tips:
  • Take screenshots in-game to confirm sales should something go awry.
  • Because GMs from Project1999 and increasingly Daybreak will do their best to find users they dislike in-game, consider using Feedback Privacy and following our in-game privacy tips.

Trade with Verified users, read the Safe Trading Guide, and stay vigilant!

Any other EQ specific tips? Please reply!
as a seller are there anythings i should worry about once i sell my account? not familiar with the process dont want them having access to my emial, card or anything like that. also dont know how to go about the actual transaction process once i find an interested customer.

You can keep your email just have to share the original email - don't share email password and your good, remove any credit card numbers from the everquest.com website as for selling / buying look for verified for maximum safety, check feedback and never be afraid to ask questions. also there are sellers that could work as a medium to buyer and seller (for a fee) that also helps (Escrows)

as a seller are there anythings i should worry about once i sell my account? not familiar with the process dont want them having access to my emial, card or anything like that. also dont know how to go about the actual transaction process once i find an interested customer.

If selling an account that had prior information set on it (Credit Card, Verified Email, SMS Verification, etc…) it’s typically a safe bet to create a new “fake” email address for that account, change the email over and give this new email to your buyers. HOWEVER, you’ll still need to provide customers with the original email, so this is kind of an extra additional safety step. I‘ve only sold maybe 1 or 2 accounts w/ verified emails on them to repeat / trusted customers. I just think it’s a safer bet to change the emails early (if already verified) so someone else isn’t swapping it from an important email account that might be linked to additional EQ accounts.

Make sure if you do have any Credit Card / PayPal info saved to the account that it has been removed. Can find this in your Account Management on EQs website, think it’s under “Wallet” or something. SMS Verification is a whole new ball-game. I personally don’t recommend selling accounts if SMS has been set on it, however if it’s a must, you can update it to your customers new number by changing / verifying it via account management. Not too sure how this works, but I assume when you go to change the number, the new number will receive a verification code that has to be entered into the EQ site.

Just make sure you’re completely transparent about the details of the account; if it’s had a verified email, let them know. If the accounts had a credit card or phone number registered, let them know. Full transparency and losing out on a potential customer is much more beneficial in the long run than trying to hide details that’ll come back to bite you in the butt.

Can read more here: https://ectunnel.com/community/threads/bractos’-guide-on-creating-selling-clean-accounts.94493/

Though this is mainly catered to brand new / ”clean” accounts, you can still find some useful information within it.

Last edited:
Thank you @bractos45 this is a huge help for a new seller. Ended up logging in to say my goodbyes and got hooked back into the game lmao! Might sell later or if the price is right

Thank you @bractos45 this is a huge help for a new seller. Ended up logging in to say my goodbyes and got hooked back into the game lmao! Might sell later or if the price is right

No problem, another huge recommendation I have (since clearly your toon has in-game buddies) is when you do decide to sell, go ahead and get a name change / inform your customer to purchase a name change. You’d be surprised how quick people will report old character buddies once they realize it’s no longer the original owner!! =\

Is anyone having problems changing unverified emails addresses? I thought I read something about it being an issue but I can find it.

Is anyone having problems changing unverified emails addresses? I thought I read something about it being an issue but I can find it.

Hey man!! Check out Section 6 here: Bractos’ Guide under ‘SELLING THE ACCOUNT’

And see if that’s what you’re looking for. Email verifications are a pain, but they can be circumvented. (Unless something’s been updated recently I don’t know about) Cheers!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back