• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

CodeCompilers compiles have [drama] inside, dont touch (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
CodeCompilers compiles have trojans inside, dont touch

*see my post*

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: CodeCompilers compiles have trojans inside, dont touch

*See My Post* Jmo

Last edited by a moderator:

Ok. Before everyone gets in a pissing match, let me chime in. If you run certain virus scanners on MQ2 compiles, sometimes they throw back false possitives. In my compile, for instance, if you scan with McAfee it says there is a Trojan in one of the files. There is not, and never has been. When I get home later I will look into what file it is, and see if it's the same file which is setting off red flags with CCs compile. So please, no jumping to conclusions, especially without any solid facts or evidence to back up any claims that may affect a member of our community.

JMO, home made trojans are almost never detected, because they are not so widespread, rarely any samples get to antivirus makers. hence the false positives, because virus scanner "thinks" it's something fishy.

most of the clean keymakers get false positives aswell, not because they have or dont have virus inside, but because they have some part of code inside, which looks malicious/suspicious.

CC-s program connects to random servers, doing something. I dont know what is it doing, nor there is any explanation why is this program added to EQ compile. If notaddicted takes the responsibility for spreading an unknown program, that acts like a trojan, then I guess it's ok.

CC compiles should have BIG ASS WARNING with them saying this compile also has a trojan with it.

In my compile, for instance, if you scan with McAfee it says there is a Trojan in one of the files.

well, MQ2 requires admin rights(vista and later) to run properly. theres your problem.

you can do lots of bad stuff once you know how windows API works. once MQ has admin rights it can do whatever in your PC.

I trust you and download your compiles and give full admin rights to your compile, but would you do the same with CC-s?

I'm glad he is a noob and doesnt know much about programming, because he coulda just add his trojan to mq.exe and probably will in future once he learns it.

Posting the link to MQ2's source instead of posting his own, is kind of shady.

Wintermule ALL THE ADMINS HERE CAN VIEW MY SOURCE! PERIOD AND SOME HAVE!!! AND UNDERSTAND WHY I WONT GIVE THAT OUT! I RUN MY OWN SITE MMOPLUGINS.COM WERE NOW IF YOU WANT A GK YOU WILL HAVE TO GO TO GET! SUCKS TOO CAUSE PRICES ARE ABOUT TO GO UP! ALL WHICH IS WONDERFUL CAUSE STUPIDITY IS RUNNING RAMP CAUSE ADMINS ALLOW PEOPLE TO MAKE UP BULLSHIT LIKE THIS POST!

Scanned... 0 infected...
Nothing found...
Cry more...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back