• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

Report Aradune Cleric Account Banned (1 Viewer)

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Username(s) of the accused
HRPLIFE
When did the issue occur?
November 19, 2020
Value of property in dispute
$140
I purchased a cleric account from HRPLIFE on July 29, 2020. This past week on November 19, 2020 when I went to log into the account, it was banned. In communicating with the GM, he indicated that there are 10 accounts associated with this user who have all been banned as a result of a linked account being involved in fraud/scams. I can't provide a link to the original thread, as it seems he has deleted the thread.

I just checked an account purchased 2 months ago from HRPLIFE and it is still accessible. I wonder if the link is someone else then. If he bought the cleric from someone else and resold.

Just wanted to throw that out there since I recognized the name and was a little worried.

I had a few accounts go down as well including one I sold. I have done nothing nefarious or used any hacks so I'm thinking this might just be a larger scale purge. The GM told me the same thing about disentangling the accounts from a larger account and he can see the ones I was questioning weren't part of krono farming. Hrplife and I have done no business together on Aradune so there might be a different tie here. Here's hoping we both get cleaned up.

I had a few accounts go down as well including one I sold. I have done nothing nefarious or used any hacks so I'm thinking this might just be a larger scale purge. The GM told me the same thing about disentangling the accounts from a larger account and he can see the ones I was questioning weren't part of krono farming. Hrplife and I have done no business together on Aradune so there might be a different tie here. Here's hoping we both get cleaned up.

To be clear, you've never bought, sold, or traded an account used by @hrplife?

Do you believe this isn't true? What leads you to believe others used the account?
I think he was just responding to me because I said I bought an account from him and it wasn't compromised. So, I thought maybe it was someone else who owned the cleric previous. But, if he was the only owner of the cleric account, then maybe mine was not originally his and that's why it's safe.

Just food for thought - I had one of my accounts get compromised - buyer had resold months after purchase. It had been impacted (if I remember correctly) as it had been linked to CC used to purchase bags during accounts inception that was linked to another account; that account apparently somehow had started charging my CC about 6 months after sale which flagged customer service and investigated as the CC was different than the one being used on that account. That owner gladyl gave up any "linked accounts".

Not saying it happened here, but is possible if it was somehow linked to another sold account, the ycould have got hit together. Not paticularly htis person.

Sorry you lost your money man, just a bit of advice for the future, I'd recommend spending the little extra to have a PL done on your own account, to avoid things like this in the future. I've seen enough accounts recovered, I wouldn't trust any bought account. I recovered an old account from 2001, and all they asked me for was my billing address then, even though I let a friend use the account for years after, (she forgot the password). It's just not worth the $50 dollar or so savings.

I can point the finger because the GM clearly communicated that the issue was not with the account I was using but "linked" accounts that were caught in bannable offenses. It doesn't matter now, I've accepted the loss and I'm moving on with my own cleric. I just want to warn people not to do business with you because the risk is that they put a lot of time and effort (epic, full raid gear, FT items etc) into the character just to see it get banned. So either you have other accounts involved in bannable practices OR you lied and you weren't the 1st owner of the cleric account.

You can get the account back man. Especially if you did nothing wrong. DBG wants your money especially if you are an honest player. I wouldn’t give up that hope.

The other possible scenario is that Hrp sold two accounts, one to you and one that was a bad guy using third party software. So he might be the middle piece but didn’t do anything wrong. Just a possible explanation here.

Actually, there is a third possibility that exists because of the rules for the new servers.

By playing on Aradune you agree to:

Absolutely No Automated/Unintended Game-play, any incident of automated gameplay is immediate suspension, second offence is a ban including Aradune associated accounts.

Boxing any more than 2 characters will result in the following actions taken against your account. First Offence: A written warning from the GM. Second Offence: A 7 day suspension of account privileges on all Aradune related accounts. Third Offence: Permanent ban on all Aradune associated accounts.

Notice that last part? If you get caught playing more than 2 characters on Aradune and get a third offense warning, you get ALL of your Aradune accounts banned. Note that I'm not saying this is what happened. I am just saying there are a lot more possibilities to get banned on Aradune than ever before. If you do buy an account for Aradune (or any server to be honest), I suggest making sure it is one where you get the email address. Some people create 1 account per email and sell you the email along with the account. Some people create one or two emails per new TLP and make tons of toons to sell from that email. Getting the email helps a lot in both security and safety.

All of that being said, with it being so many months after the original poster bought the account, I don't know that HRP is to blame. If someone bought an account from him that was tied to one of his emails and they later cheated, that could have been the issue and it just got everyone banned.

Finally, Swamsam is correct in that a plvl is safer than a used account, but a used account where you get the email and no CC was used, is also pretty safe.

Actually, there is a third possibility that exists because of the rules for the new servers.

By playing on Aradune you agree to:

Absolutely No Automated/Unintended Game-play, any incident of automated gameplay is immediate suspension, second offence is a ban including Aradune associated accounts.

Boxing any more than 2 characters will result in the following actions taken against your account. First Offence: A written warning from the GM. Second Offence: A 7 day suspension of account privileges on all Aradune related accounts. Third Offence: Permanent ban on all Aradune associated accounts.

Notice that last part? If you get caught playing more than 2 characters on Aradune and get a third offense warning, you get ALL of your Aradune accounts banned. Note that I'm not saying this is what happened. I am just saying there are a lot more possibilities to get banned on Aradune than ever before. If you do buy an account for Aradune (or any server to be honest), I suggest making sure it is one where you get the email address. Some people create 1 account per email and sell you the email along with the account. Some people create one or two emails per new TLP and make tons of toons to sell from that email. Getting the email helps a lot in both security and safety.

All of that being said, with it being so many months after the original poster bought the account, I don't know that HRP is to blame. If someone bought an account from him that was tied to one of his emails and they later cheated, that could have been the issue and it just got everyone banned.

Finally, Swamsam is correct in that a plvl is safer than a used account, but a used account where you get the email and no CC was used, is also pretty safe.

There are other ways that DBG associate accounts more than just info added to the account such as email/cc/phone. You could have none of these entered in to an account and still have an account associated with the rest of yours or your friends even if using a VPN.

Every computer has an eq launcher ID number that is unique to that computer. You are given your launcher ID number when you install EQ. Uninstalling EQ and reinstalling does not change this number. The only way to change this number is to reformat your computer, or uninstall EQ and find the launcher ID file and delete it so that you are given a new one when you install EQ again.

What this means is for example: You load a VPN on a computer and log in to Accnt 1. A week from now you go to log on Accnt 2 on that same pc, and think you are safe cause you are picking a different VPN connection, accnt 1 and 2 are now associated via the launcher ID number that is again unique to your personal pc regardless of you using different VPN's. You log on to one of your friends clerics to give yourself a quick rez? Their account is now associated. Your friend then logs back on their cleric on their pc, well now any account he's logged on with his PC are associated with the accounts you've logged in on yours. The spiraling web continues. The point is, getting that email address or even buying an accnt that has nothing added to it still carries the account association risk. It's uncommon for them to issue ban waves using this form of association, but it has been done several times especially when they are really wanting to take down a big target.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back