• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

Report Beware of Grognak - Scammer (1 Viewer)

jqpublic12

Caveat Emptor: UNVERIFIED
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Username(s) of the accused
Grognak
Username(s) of the accused: Grognak
When did the issue occur?: 10/21/2023
Link to transaction thread: Private messages
Value of property in dispute: $200

I responded to the thread here that I was looking for gear and PL on the new quarm server - https://ectunnel.com/community/threads/wtb-pp-and-pl-on-new-quarm-server.101306/#post-434198.

Grognak contacted me and we discussed rubicite armor and other items over the course of a day and he told me he would sell a full set to me for $200. We exchanged discord usernames and got on a call together to discuss the transaction. First he wanted me to send the money via CashApp (which I didn't have) and told me he didn't have Paypal, Venmo or Zelle.

After I made an account with CashApp we found they have a verification period where you can't send money until it has been completed and he said we could try Venmo but it might not work because they wanted additional verification information that he couldn't provide. He said the Venmo account belonged to his mom (Marilyn Kildahl) and that was part of the reason he had issues with Venmo in the past but we could try to send through it and see if it works. It didn't, and then he suggested Paypal but warned he had similar issues with it as he did Venmo. Paypal did work (again sending the money to Marilyn Kildahl), and after the transaction went through he disconnected from the discord call and I haven't heard from him since.

He even deleted his discord account because when I try to send him a message it says "Your message could not be delivered. This is usually because you don't share a server with the recipient or the recipient is only accepting direct messages from friends.". Then when I try to add him to friends it says 'Hm, didn't work. Double check that the username is correct'.

Obviously there were a lot of red flags here, but he did have an EC tunnel account with +2 positive feedback and talking to him on discord for about 30 minutes built up some trust. I was also in a hurry because I had to leave the house to go to a wrestling pay per view so wanted to just get the transaction done today. Live and learn, $200 isn't a lot of money to me it's just sad that someone has to scam like this in a video game to get by and I don't want it to happen to someone else.

Last edited:
uh1.png

You might ask Pillowpants if he still or ever has had contact with him. /shrug

That is good advice. I've been here about 8 years but never went through the trouble of getting verified because I normally only do 1-2 deals per year and don't have a problem with sending first. Live and learn. I've been talking to a few people on here who he's currently trying to scam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back