• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

BEWARE of Accounts Warehouse (1 Viewer)

wooderson

BANNED
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
TL;DR - Accounts warehouse will make up excuses to back out of a sale AFTER you accept their offer, meet all their requirements and send them your personal ID and account info.

I'll try and keep this relatively short. My goal is to educate others in our community so they don't fall victim to these people like I did. I will be more than happy to post the emails between Tyler and James of Accountswarehouse and myself should they choose to contest any of this.

I submitted my information on their website to sell one of my accounts. I took the time to type out each piece of gear he had plus extras that were in the bank. I then received an offer of $450 for the account.

For those unfamiliar they send you a link that you click if you choose to accept the offer, which I did. I then sent them the account name and password, SQA, the original email from when I created the account, plus a photo of my ID.

A day later I get an email from Tyler that says "I just tried to log in and process your sale but your character is not as described and stripped of half its gear. Your sale has been closed and none of your information has been changed. We do not buy stripped accounts."

1. At no time during this sales process was there any mention of not being allowed to have empty slots. The character had all the gear I listed when submitting for a quote.
2. It wasn't half his gear it was 5 pieces (earring, ring x1, waist, ranged, wrist x1)

I then said ok, sorry, I will buy gear to fill in those spots, but what do you mean it was not as described?

Tyler replies - "My manager said you are missing the BP you said you had which is a very big deal. We do not buy accounts from people who mislead us about what is on them"

I tell him the BP is in the bank and that I don't appreciate being called a liar. I'm not at home so I leave it at that point for the evening.

The next day I log onto the account, take the BP out of the bank and equip it and then buy him nice trade-able gear for the empty slots such as ring of absurdity, fingerbone hoop, blue diamond bracer, etc.

It's at this time I notice one of them, out of spite I assuming for making them look dumb when they called me a liar about the BP, had popped one of my XP pots. It is currently sitting at 3 hours and 53 minutes (you guys are either some highly intelligent 8 year olds or sad excuses for adults).

I email them back to let them know I filled in the empty slots and that they account only has 1 xp pot now that they used one. I get no reply. A day goes by so I email them again, quite angry this time.

"I am going to assume that you guys are backing out on our deal. The character is as I described and I meet all your requests. If I do not hear back I will be posting my experience along with our emails and screen shots of the potion you used to Red Guides and everywhere else you sell. I couldn't care less that you have my personal information. That will not stop me from sharing my story and warning others not to deal with a group of unprofessional scammers. "

James replies with "Feel free to post your experience all you want. You attempted to trick us into buying a stripped character so no, we will not be doing business with you. Furthermore, nobody used your potion so you can take your false accusations elsewhere."

Clearly I was not attempting to "trick" them into buying a "stripped" account. The account is full raid geared minus a few trade-able slots that I removed because of their value. When they informed me about not buying stuff with empty slots, which was never mentioned during the initial process, I immediately bought gear for him.

They now have my personal and account information which I assume was their goal to start with. I'm also stuck with a character that I can't in good conscious sell since I assume they will attempt to steal it at some point.

I let James know he was a tool and came here to tell my story.

I truly hope you two are as miserable in RL as I assume you are. You deserve it.

I've never dealt with Accounts Warehouse but I used to buy and sell accounts a long long time ago (like 10 years ago).

It seems there was a bit of miscommunication on both sides.

By your own admission you left the BP(probably the most valuable piece no ?) in your bank, so whoever was inspecting your account did not have the time to go around looking for missing pieces.

Just like in real life no point in making other party's life hard. They should have asked you about the BP so that is their fault but also yours for leaving it off.

If you also wrote down a piece for each slot and decided to save some money and took the tradable gear away then I am not surprised the buyers were miffed.

When selling an account try to give a little bit extra to the buyer not try to save a penny.
$450 for an account seems like a ton on what seems like TLP server. Frankly I do not see what Accounts Warehouse would do with a TLP account.

EDIT: Probably whoever inspected your account clicked the potion by mistake but that really is small potatoes compared to $450 for an account. Geez that means there must be people paying $700-800 for accounts.

I still can't believe there would be people willing to pay that much for TLP accounts.

I smell something rotten in that OP post buddy, you took stuff off because of the of their value, sounds to me like you changed your mind on some items and removed them. If those were in the original offer then you are in the wrong and they are in the right. When I sell an account I try to actually give away more then what I even list in the description, its all digital loot at the end of the day and it is nice to know I pleasantly surprise a buyer when they get an account from me. If someone gave me $450 for any of my accounts I would try to stuff every slot and every bank slot with as much cool shit as I could find! Just me though...

it was not half his gear it was 5 pieces you removed, seriously! I would go ballistic if I was told it was a ready toon and 5 pieces were gone, 1 piece I can see, hell if I sell 1 with 1 LESSER then level piece I disclose that (like the heroic charm on most mine)

1. At no time during this sales process was there any mention of not being allowed to have empty slots. The character had all the gear I listed when submitting for a quote.
2. It wasn't half his gear it was 5 pieces (earring, ring x1, waist, ranged, wrist x1)

Sounds like you listed the items and he offered $450 based on what was listed then you took 5 items off. That's like listing a used car that has a GPS, then taking the GPS out right before the sale.

Sounds like you listed the items and he offered $450 based on what was listed then you took 5 items off. That's like listing a used car that has a GPS, then taking the GPS out right before the sale.

Where did you read that he removed items that he had previously listed? Sounds like the gear was removed and not listed from the start.

Edit: I'm not on any side. Just curious.

He says he spoke to the buyer and one of the criteria was that the toons are "dressed" and his case even raid gear. taking 5 pieces off is not dressed, it is stripped. I am saying that they both have valid points, the end result sounds like the buyer gave back your account intact and you gave back the monies. no one scammed anyone and both parties walk away. The sheer fact they did not shy away from " I am telling everyone in your market you did this" tells me they feel they are in the right and did not feel the $450 ludicrous value for your toon was a resellable thing. Kudos to you for getting them to offer that much, you should have bent over backwards to make that sale and not gotten greedy. I use the word greedy as the OP said in his own words "because of their value." They already had a value, $450! Let that shit go! I need to go sell shit on TLP and run that whole market! Stop being greedy people, it leads to misunderstanding and butt hurtness. Happy customers are repeat customers!

- - - Updated - - -

Wait, ok, so hold on here... you are talking about some low rent no footprint in eq market https://www.accountwarehouse.com/buy-everquest-accounts right?

You are saying, THESE guys gave you $450? The guys who sell them at under $200? WTF? They have 2 toons for sale but they forked over $450 to you? are you just trying to drive traffic to them so some of us will go sell them toons so they can fill up the sell page and not look like someone's personal yard sale page? Seriously? This whole story is about to visit Fippy! I call bullshit!

- - - Updated - - -

I STRONGLY caution anyone from giving a website all your personal information unless you trust them! I looked at that site and they ask for a shitload of sketchy information in a quote! I mean you give them enough information they could steal your account from the quote you give them! I would never do business with that site but I seriously question the validity of this thread at this point.

He says he spoke to the buyer and one of the criteria was that the toons are "dressed" and his case even raid gear. taking 5 pieces off is not dressed, it is stripped. I am saying that they both have valid points, the end result sounds like the buyer gave back your account intact and you gave back the monies. no one scammed anyone and both parties walk away. The sheer fact they did not shy away from " I am telling everyone in your market you did this" tells me they feel they are in the right and did not feel the $450 ludicrous value for your toon was a resellable thing. Kudos to you for getting them to offer that much, you should have bent over backwards to make that sale and not gotten greedy. I use the word greedy as the OP said in his own words "because of their value." They already had a value, $450! Let that shit go! I need to go sell shit on TLP and run that whole market! Stop being greedy people, it leads to misunderstanding and butt hurtness. Happy customers are repeat customers!

- - - Updated - - -

Wait, ok, so hold on here... you are talking about some low rent no footprint in eq market https://www.accountwarehouse.com/buy-everquest-accounts right?

You are saying, THESE guys gave you $450? The guys who sell them at under $200? WTF? They have 2 toons for sale but they forked over $450 to you? are you just trying to drive traffic to them so some of us will go sell them toons so they can fill up the sell page and not look like someone's personal yard sale page? Seriously? This whole story is about to visit Fippy! I call bullshit!

- - - Updated - - -

I STRONGLY caution anyone from giving a website all your personal information unless you trust them! I looked at that site and they ask for a shitload of sketchy information in a quote! I mean you give them enough information they could steal your account from the quote you give them! I would never do business with that site but I seriously question the validity of this thread at this point.

Sounds like he never gave them money... but that they were going to check his account for purchase and then they didn't pay him because it wasn't as suggested.

So he is warning about his experience, particularly because of the worry you expressed, that they have enough information to possibly steal his account now.

I had them offer me a lowball offer of 400 for my monk that was going for 800+ a few weeks back, then on another website where I had it listed they offered the same thing but called it a "league of legends" account. Copy pasted message too. I assume they just throw out offers, see who bites and take advantage, but I couldnt take him seriously offering $400 for a best in slot luclin monk. Who calls an EQ account a "league of legends" account if thats seriously their business and they're experts in account value... and then offers 400 on an account that is asking at least 800 (and went for more). I certainly wouldnt have given them the information before getting paid, sorry to hear.

If the guy listed the 5 slots as empty, then I dont see what the issue is. He was upfront about it, plenty of people strip the droppables then sell the account. I've sold to wooderson numerous times and have had no issues or inclinations that he was dishonest in any way. Frankly the fact they took his information then backed out is sketchy to me, you should account transfer immediately.

nice find Trish, I agree it looks like maybe no money was transferred but now they have all the info they need INCLUDING his secret question to royally screw him, no thanks....

I smell something rotten in that OP post buddy, you took stuff off because of the of their value, sounds to me like you changed your mind on some items and removed them. If those were in the original offer then you are in the wrong and they are in the right. When I sell an account I try to actually give away more then what I even list in the description, its all digital loot at the end of the day and it is nice to know I pleasantly surprise a buyer when they get an account from me. If someone gave me $450 for any of my accounts I would try to stuff every slot and every bank slot with as much cool shit as I could find! Just me though...

it was not half his gear it was 5 pieces you removed, seriously! I would go ballistic if I was told it was a ready toon and 5 pieces were gone, 1 piece I can see, hell if I sell 1 with 1 LESSER then level piece I disclose that (like the heroic charm on most mine)
I read it differently. I read it as he sent them a list of gear, which didnt include the 5 items. He stripped the 5 items prior due to the item value, not the value they put on his account.

I could be wrong though.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

The op has FLAWLESS reputation for both sales and purchases here... I thank him for that. My gut tells me this website is a total scam, I mean an angelfire page? seriously? It SCREAMS of scam! The OP should petition today and change his secret question and hope he still has an account in a week! Moving this to Fippy, this is not being productive. People, PLEASE stay away from that website, it is just reeks of a scam waiting to happen! Don't be a victim!

Last edited:
Re: Accountwarehouse.com | Buy & Sell EQ1 Accounts | Top Prices Paid | USA Company

You probably shouldn't try to pull a bait and switch when you do business with us. It is as simple as that. Do not tell us items are on your account when they are not. I would also love to know how its a "scam" when none of your information is used or saved in any way for a failed upload? You still have your account and always will unless you sell it. We have been in business for over 8 years and do not steal accounts.

Thanks,
Tyler,
Accountwarehouse

And I still do not understand why people are sending their personal IDs to a complete stranger (and what bearing does this have on the sale itself?). And sending your info first is just beyond silly unless you know he is a trustworthy person. Regardless, I would just do a character transfer while you can. Good luck.

You probably shouldn't try to pull a bait and switch when you do business with us. It is as simple as that. Do not tell us items are on your account when they are not. I would also love to know how its a "scam" when none of your information is used or saved in any way for a failed upload? You still have your account and always will unless you sell it. We have been in business for over 8 years and do not steal accounts. As for the items not being on the account I process many sales daily and do not have time to go scourer the world to find the items you claimed to have. For all I know you just went out and purchased them after you got caught. Below is a screenshot of your characters magelo I took while trying to process it and what it had on it. I censored your name on the account since we obviously would never give out that information.

http://i.imgur.com/DcRniER.png

Thanks,
Tyler,
Accountwarehouse

Well, also to be fair, Tyler's follow up doesn't contradict what the OP was stating.

Tyler hasn't shown that there is any correspondence that says the OP claimed the account fully geared, instead of saying for example:

"My account has this, this, this, and this item" but not listing a full gear description.

The best allegation I see right now is that the BP was in the bank, AccountsWarehouse didn't look for it (and they shouldn't have to, it should have been on character).

But I don't see that they have shown the OP's statement of facts beyond the initial BP was in error, or that other items were missing. The No Drop gear appears to be NTOV and Luclin based at least by the images, and if he only listed those items and the BP, may have been enough to warrant them assuming he had gear in other slots even though he didn't state that initially in his contacts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back