• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

Policy Bazaar moderators needed (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redbot

Staff member
Pronouns
He/Him
Rating - 93.6%
43   3   1
I'm looking to implement new rules for the Bazaar based on memeber's requests, and will need to put together a mod team.

If you're a daily reader of this forum and meet the requirements, send me a PM!

Requirements
  • Have been a Redguides member for at least 6 months.
  • Have an 85% or higher feedback rating.
  • Currently Level 2 and/or Verified.
  • Have not engaged in buying/selling on P99, and do not play on P99.

Last edited:
Proposed new rules (not yet in effect):

• Maximum 3 threads from one user on the front page at any time, none of which can be duplicates.
  • Threads in which all goods are sold should be locked or deleted. (if seller does not lock, mods are free to delete or lock)

If there are any other new rules you'd like added or removed, this is a good place to discuss them.

I'd like to see it limited, per user, to (if 3 is the magic number):

1 character thread
1 item thread
1 misc thread (plat, power leveling etc)

There's no reason to make a bunch of different threads with 1 character/item in each of them. If someone wants to sell a bunch of characters, they should post it in one thread, keep it clean and bump it as the timers allow. It's about fair usage between the big third party sellers that bombard the board with spam, which ends up bumping other posts to the next page, and your average joe user who only wants to sell a handful of kronos or a random account.

You have the right idea, I'd like to give some power back to average players who aren't making a business out of selling.

But what if a seller has toons on 3 servers (e.g. ragefire, live, phini)? They'd need to tag their character thread with a server, which would be incorrect for 2 out of their 3 toons.

It wouldn't hurt; it'd just reduce repetitive clutter and make the board look a little neater I guess. I think most of the members here already use that format anyways (1 thread for characters/items/etc) except for the bigger outside vendors.

Perhaps add an option for multi-server flagging?

Instead of selecting RF, Phinny, etc... they would select the option "Multi-Server" if their post is on more than one.

Most sellers seem to be on one server or another, not selling many on more than one location.

I try to moderate the bazaar but alas I am missing too much and help would be GREAT!

Proposed new rules (not yet in effect):

• Maximum 3 threads from one user on the front page at any time, none of which can be duplicates.
  • Threads in which all goods are sold should be locked or deleted. (if seller does not lock, mods are free to delete or lock)

If there are any other new rules you'd like added or removed, this is a good place to discuss them.

Good stuff.

Good luck to all the new applicants.

I try to moderate the bazaar but alas I am missing too much and help would be GREAT!

I hear ya Raz but I don't think its lack of time I see you here as much as myself. Once we have a firm set of rules we can get it cleaned up quickly.

Lol is p99 that much of a headache that you just want nothing to do with it

I don't want anyone from that server on our staff, because I could see something like this happening:

"P99 GM Tells you: We found out you're a mod at Redguides. We're going to ban your entire guild unless you give us the IP of DruidSeller23."

It's for our P99 user's benefit that our staff is disinterested in that server, nothing against the players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back