• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

bazaar drama p99 part 1 (1 Viewer)

Re: WTS: P99 PLAT + ITEMS (CoF, RBB, RBG, Fungi Tunic, NoS, BCG, Puppet Strings, + MO

How so? PlatLord, who is the most established seller (been selling for the longest) sells his plat at 2.39 / 1k at the lowest level of purchase and 2.19 at the highest.

My plat is 1.50 / 1k at the lowest level of purchase, and this is "crazy high" ?

Re: WTS: P99 PLAT + ITEMS (CoF, RBB, RBG, Fungi Tunic, NoS, BCG, Puppet Strings, + MO

How so? PlatLord, who is the most established seller (been selling for the longest) sells his plat at 2.39 / 1k at the lowest level of purchase and 2.19 at the highest.

My plat is 1.50 / 1k at the lowest level of purchase, and this is "crazy high" ?

People selling at $1/1k all the time. You're making claims to be the cheapest. Who cares what plat websites sell for, everyone knows they're stupidly expensive. You're just an EC'r selling off his supply. If you were cheap you'd be less than that. You're at plat website reseller prices, just saying...

People selling at $1/1k all the time. You're making claims to be the cheapest. Who cares what plat websites sell for, everyone knows they're stupidly expensive. You're just an EC'r selling off his supply. If you were cheap you'd be less than that. You're at plat website reseller prices, just saying...

According to the many people I've sold to in the past few weeks the prices are low. Thanks for your opinion, but almost half the price of the commercially available method is pretty cheap in anyones books.

I find it odd that both these guys JUST joined the community, trying to do loads of business and only accepting Western Union per my conversation with P99platsale yesterday. Makes me a bit nervous. Know each other, sellers, joined at the same time.. I don't like it after him telling me only Western Union. Leaves the buyer zero recourse if something bad happens and is typically a red flag, regardless of the very recent feedback. Or it's even possible he's trying to use WU because he got his Paypal suspended for pulling some shady shit.

Just my two coppers - I'd recommend being cautious dealing with either one of these guys - p99platsale or snapple - especially after all the hacking that was going on and accounts still catching the fall out from it.

Re: WTS 150k plat / fungi tunic / JBB - P99 blue

I have a fairly long list of people who have used WU AND paypal that are happy with the transaction.

The main reason that I am currently only accepting WU is because of all the threads recently about how people have gotten chargeback scammed on paypal after 2-3 months. I talked to a paypal customer service associate on the phone and they specifically told me paypal does not offer any protection for virtual goods and if the buyer goes to the credit card company and claims a fradulent charge they will just refund the money.

When paypal is telling me this, you can understand why I might be skeptical of this payment method. I used it early on to build a level of trust with my customer base, but now that my record shows that I do deliver on all my sales, its not exactly smart to continue to use it.

My paypal is not compromised, still verified. You can check if you'd like! paypal email is the same as my contact email: [email protected].

- - - Updated - - -

And if its the buyer's red flag that the seller will only use western union, it is a seller's red flag when someone insists on only using paypal. The risk is exactly the same, I don't see how its any different than you insisting on using paypal which protects the buyer significantly more than the seller.

I have a fairly long list of people who have used WU AND paypal that are happy with the transaction.

The main reason that I am currently only accepting WU is because of all the threads recently about how people have gotten charge-back scammed on paypal after 2-3 months. I talked to a paypal customer service associate on the phone and they specifically told me paypal does not offer any protection for virtual goods and if the buyer goes to the credit card company and claims a fradulent charge they will just refund the money.

When paypal is telling me this, you can understand why I might be skeptical of this payment method. I used it early on to build a level of trust with my customer base, but now that my record shows that I do deliver on all my sales, its not exactly smart to continue to use it.

My paypal is not compromised, still verified. You can check if you'd like! paypal email is the same as my contact email: [email protected].

- - - Updated - - -

And if its the buyer's red flag that the seller will only use western union, it is a seller's red flag when someone insists on only using paypal. The risk is exactly the same, I don't see how its any different than you insisting on using paypal which protects the buyer significantly more than the seller.

Not really, pretty much everyone uses PayPal, both buyers and sellers. You vet the buyer/ seller before doing business, standard practice. WU is seldom used because it's normally what scam artists use. I've been trading for 10 years and WU has always been a red flag. I've had a few small issues with PayPal over the years, it's the cost of doing business.

Nothing personal against you, just trying to protect less savvy traders here. You're new, no real history over time of trading. What's to stop you from doing a few small transactions to build up some feedback and then cashing out on something major with no repercussions. I've seen it happen dozens of times over the years, exactly how you're doing it. New trader builds up feedback selling odds and ends, puts something big up for sale, BAM SCAM because gullible buyer X trusted those new feedback's from mostly brand new / unrepped users.

I'm not saying you're a scammer I am only saying that you are brand new here, asking for WU, vouching for other brand new people. I am just pointing it out. I got a bad feeling while exchanging PM's with you yesterday regarding the accounts you're selling. I don't like to see people get ripped off so I'm simply throwing out a word of caution. I have this feeling something odd is going on and the WU thing really reinforces it for me, that's just experience talking.

I can make all the same and far greater arguments against Western Union on the buyers behalf. PayPal at least gives a medium so that you know if a guy is a career scammer, he can't be using PayPal over and over to do it, because his account will get shut down. Western Union... you'll never know anything until you get ripped off by that seller one day.

Also, PayPal actually works in the sellers favor for virtual goods, people can't reverse you if they purchase virtual goods from you, PayPal takes no action in that case. BUT, if you scam people over and over, you lose your account and you can go after someone criminally if enough money is involved. So it's better than WU in my opinion. It's only in the case if A) It's a stolen Paypal account (which is easy to vet) or B) If they call their CC company and file a reversal against PayPal, this also prevents them from ever having a PayPal account again. In those two edge cases, you will lose and those can be prevented 99.9% of the time just from vetting your buyers.

I guess let users decide. All major RMT sellers take PayPal, they're much larger targets than one guy trying to flip some plat / accounts. If they can do it and do without any problems and you can't, I think there's a problem on your end and people should exercise extreme caution in dealing with you for all the reasons that I've layed out. I've been buying and selling in EQ / WoW for 10 years, i take PayPal to this day with no issues so I don't buy the story about the CS rep, ect.

Not really, pretty much everyone uses Paypal. You vet the buyer/ seller before doing business, standard practice. WU is seldom used. I've been trading for 10 years and it's always been a red flag. I've had a few issues with Paypal over the years, it's the cost of doing business.

You are brand new here, asking for WU. I am just pointing it out. I got a bad feeling while exchaning PM's with you yesterday regarding the accounts you're selling. I don't like to be people get ripped off so I'm simply throwing out a word of caution.

I am make the same and far greater arguments against Western Union on the buyer behalf. Paypal at least gives a medium so that you know if a guy is a career scammer, he can't be using Paypal, because his account will get shut down. Western Union... you'll never know anything until you get ripped off by that seller one day.

Also, Paypal actually works in the sellers favor virtual goods too, people can't reverse you if they purchase virtual goods from you, Paypal takes no action in that case. BUT, if you scam people over and over, you lose your account. So it's better than WU in my opinion. It's only in the case if A) It's a stolen Paypal account (which is easy to vet) or B) If they call their CC company and file a reversal on Paypal, this also prevents them from ever having a Paypal account again.

I guess let users decide. All major RMT sellers take Paypal, they're much larger targets than one guy trying to flip some plat / accounts. If they can do it and do ok and you can't, I think there's a problem. I've been buying and selling in EQ / WoW for 10 years, i take Paypal to this day with no issues.

I feel like you have very negative feelings towards me because you are disgruntled at my prices, as you posted a few weeks ago on my thread. I really don't appreciate you questioning my credibility with zero evidence and only your gut feeling. Maybe you should check out my feedback page and in the future substantiate your claims with actual evidence.

You keep throwing that I am a new seller here, this is true, but this doesn't change the fact that I have PROVEN myself to be a legitimate trader. People have used WU with me for hundreds of dollars and I have always delivered. I don't really care that you, a person who has been so critical of my operation here, has yet ANOTHER negative thing to say. Paypal, at the end of the day, is untrustworthy for the seller. As an individual that gets contact from many people about p99 plat and items, I have to screen out the scammers somehow. Buyers can check my reputation and see that I would be good for the item, but there is often no way that I can vouch for a person's credibility on the internet. All it would take is a call to their credit card company to reverse a charge, and for a 600+ dollar character I want to avoid that happening.

You say that paypal works in the seller's favour, yet another unsubstantiated claim. You're just full of these aren't you? I talked to a person who's job is to deal with chargebacks and he himself told me that if they chargeback, there is NOTHING you can do. I think I'll go with the word of a professional over some nobody on the internet who keeps trying to throw a wrench into my operations for seemingly no reason at all.

- - - Updated - - -

also a word of warning to all individuals dealing with Evercheater: he will only use paypal and probably knows that he can chargeback any purchase, and for this reason is pushing the use of paypal. Please avoid him in the future if you don't want your money to disappear from your account :)

- - - Updated - - -

Note that it is often impossible to vet buyers who PM you from accounts with no histories or random email addresses.

- - - Updated - - -

You keep editing your post so I have to respond to things you change... you say you dont "buy" the story about the CS rep, well heres a link to a thread where a MODERATOR of the forum says EXACTLY what Ive been saying: http://www.redguides.com/forums/showthread.php/25719-wtb-Project-99-plat-items?highlight=chargeback

In the thread, Redqueen says that there is no protection on virtual goods through paypal, and that the use of paypal is risky.

Please don't accuse people unless you have some evidence, and keep drama & discussions out of the bazaar forum. Feel free to continue posting here or in a discussion forum.

I feel like you have very negative feelings towards me because you are disgruntled at my prices, as you posted a few weeks ago on my thread. I really don't appreciate you questioning my credibility with zero evidence and only your gut feeling. Maybe you should check out my feedback page and in the future substantiate your claims with actual evidence.

You keep throwing that I am a new seller here, this is true, but this doesn't change the fact that I have PROVEN myself to be a legitimate trader. People have used WU with me for hundreds of dollars and I have always delivered. I don't really care that you, a person who has been so critical of my operation here, has yet ANOTHER negative thing to say. Paypal, at the end of the day, is untrustworthy for the seller. As an individual that gets contact from many people about p99 plat and items, I have to screen out the scammers somehow. Buyers can check my reputation and see that I would be good for the item, but there is often no way that I can vouch for a person's credibility on the internet. All it would take is a call to their credit card company to reverse a charge, and for a 600+ dollar character I want to avoid that happening.

You say that paypal works in the seller's favour, yet another unsubstantiated claim. You're just full of these aren't you? I talked to a person who's job is to deal with chargebacks and he himself told me that if they chargeback, there is NOTHING you can do. I think I'll go with the word of a professional over some nobody on the internet who keeps trying to throw a wrench into my operations for seemingly no reason at all.

- - - Updated - - -

also a word of warning to all individuals dealing with Evercheater: he will only use paypal and probably knows that he can chargeback any purchase, and for this reason is pushing the use of paypal. Please avoid him in the future if you don't want your money to disappear from your account :)

- - - Updated - - -

Note that it is often impossible to vet buyers who PM you from accounts with no histories or random email addresses.

- - - Updated - - -

You keep editing your post so I have to respond to things you change... you say you dont "buy" the story about the CS rep, well heres a link to a thread where a MODERATOR of the forum says EXACTLY what Ive been saying: http://www.redguides.com/forums/showthread.php/25719-wtb-Project-99-plat-items?highlight=chargeback

In the thread, Redqueen says that there is no protection on virtual goods through paypal, and that the use of paypal is risky.

--I don't have any particular negative feelings toward you, why would I? I am just speaking my mind. You're the one getting upset here and beginning to be immature.

--Not sure what you mean about editing my post, I made the post and left the site about 5 minutes later, you had not even posted any response to it when I left...

--Ya, I want to charge back people... for sure... that's me... Yet I've been around RedGuides since 2008, never done that to anyone, I have 35+ feedback on EpicNPC and 50 on Player auctions.... YOU on the other hand, registered a month ago, got all of your feedback in the last week and a half and suddenly you're this expert seller that knows all about charge backs and how to do business (in your favor). Yes, I'm certainly the one people need to worry about, not you....

--Paypal's policy (this is in writing) is to take no action when dealing with charge backs related to virtual goods that are delivered electronically. I know this from many years of hands on experience as well has having the ability to read.

I put in an opion, I didn't accuse you of scamming anyone. I said use caution because you're a new seller that thinks people should take all on the risk and you none. I simply stated some words of advice from a 10 year veteran seller that has seen every scam in the book. I've seen guys like you come and go. If you don't like it, that's tuff shit. I'm going to put that out there so people can understand that just because you say some bullshit like that about Western Union with your brand new 15 feedback, doesn't make it the law. They can make their own decisions.

Good luck selling your stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back