• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

Agnarr Banned Accounts (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bootwo2000

Caveat Emptor: UNVERIFIED
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
This is pretty much a heads up to everybody. Daybreak is banning accounts left and right for "transfer of ownership". I have had 3 accounts for the last 4 months that I purchased when the characters were level 40. All of the accounts were banned just now overnight. Daybreak did not notify me at all about the bans and i basically had to try to log in to find out. When I bought the accounts there was no CC, No verified email and two of them didnt even have an SQA set. All the sellers are verified members of RG with numerous positive feedback scores. They did not try to take the accounts back. I do not run any kind of 3rd party software and only my information was ever put in. I will no longer be playing EQ If DBG does not reactivate my accounts cause I spent ALOT of time on these toons to have them banned for almost no reason other than an IP change. Their customer service is absolute shit and I hope this company goes bankrupt. Daybreak will not see another penny of my hard earned money.

Last edited:
We have some new ideas to protect sellers/buyers and will be rolling out these features this month or early november.

I want to jump on this thread also. Not to damage the sellers here but to make everyone aware.

I have 5 accounts banned today that were purchased from here. Also confirming there was 2 with some info that I replaced with my own and 3 that had 0 info until I added mine after purchase. Some where 6-7 months ago and some were recent.

I still have the accounts I have had for years however there will be 0 chance of me paying Daybreak now for anything.

Be careful and good luck all.

The only response I got was "We are afraid these accounts are permanently banned. We wish you luck in your future endeavors." Not even an explanation why. I cant see this being a good business decision whatsoever. Why do they even care if people buy or sell accounts. It just makes them more money. Now they are probably going to lose a good bit of subscriptions. I just cant see the reason why but I will probably be going to Destiny 2 or back to WoW. I cant believe this happened and am pretty freakin upset. Probably should have just leveled the accounts to 40 myself cause that literally takes 3 days with a druid sitting around. Good Luck to everyone as well. There is definitely no reason for me to come back here now that I will not be playing any game with any affiliation to DBG. I have lost all will to try and level those toons back. I spent hundreds on krono for epic MQs and items. My toons were geared to the teeth and I have no desire to spend that money over again.

Here I thought it was just me.

From what Im hearing, in a nutshell.. if the account was backdoored without a SQA set, no personal info set, and suddenly months later it all pops in... they're blanket banning them.

When I tried contacting their WORTHLESS fucking "Support" I got told "Sorry, we can only discuss this with the original owner of the account." When I INSISTED that was me, I got "No youre not." .. and then they refused to answer any further emails. The GM Was a gigantic dickbag.

Either this forum has been compromised, or they are now tracking blank accounts. Either way.. dont bother buying/selling ANY accounts from ANYONE.. they'll just ban them.

- - - Updated - - -

To be completely honest... as a Red Verified Member and a Sub Member.. Im a little annoyed that Red is AWARE of the issue, and thus far has done nothing to warn the community this is happning. There are people right now.. GOOD people, buying and selling these blank accounts thinking they are safe.. and when it gets banned.. reps will be trashed, money will be lost, and people are going to get VERY angry when they realize this site knew all this time and did nothing.

I figured I needed to say something. My paladin was banned 2 weeks ago. These accounts I was leveling new toons on last night. Got home from work for a nice session and they were banned. I am angrier than a wet hen. I will never do business with a company that doesnt have a phone number I can call. DBG can go to hell

I had one account I sold banned but I was stupid back then and listed gear. Now what if the person selling the account uses a random email they can give to the buyer. Set the sq, use krono for the account. That way there is no changing anything.

I changed the email four months ago after I bought them. I dont know why they took four months to decide to ban the accounts. My paladin's account was banned after a full month. The worst thing is that they only responded once and refuse to talk with you about anything after the first response.

Keep in mind that if DBG decides to dig a little, they can look up IP logins (I'm sure there are other methods, but IP Login is usually the first thing they look at). I know this because they told me when I lost a couple of my accounts awhile back. Plus, my personal IP is perma ban (I use a VPN now). Frankly, I am pretty much done with them and I hope DGB bankrupts.

were any of these accounts banned fresh accounts in the aspect that you paid to have the character transferred from the original account to a fresh krono account that you started?

Posted about it on other thread:

Same story for me, one of my account banned (purchased here). Them answers my ticket - "The account has been permanently banned because it has come to our attention that it has changed hands, which is not something we allow."

So me very scare atm to buy any more accounts, anyway me will play from other ip, other email, payment details etc

I had one account I sold banned but I was stupid back then and listed gear. Now what if the person selling the account uses a random email they can give to the buyer. Set the sq, use krono for the account. That way there is no changing anything.

this is the safest bet. it is no longer safe to change any information whatsoever, not even the password unfortunately is 100% safe, but if you set it as the only info that ever gets changed, you may be OK.

- - - Updated - - -

I also got an account banned. Does moving a character to a new account protect you from this?

no unfortunately it doesn't. if one of the transferred or source accounts gets banned, Remdag will hunt them all down. if you move 4 guys off an account and one gets banned, he will trace them back if he can.

I'm trying to figure out how buying and selling of an account impacts DBG at all? They still get paid, so what's their angle? Same with banning for purchasing Krono, that Krono was purchased from them at some point so they already got their money. It just doesn't make sense.

I've yet to have any customers come forward saying they have been effected by this as of yet. They arent blanket banning every account with no information set or id have 50+ banned accounts right now - to which I do not. I run my own crew on their own individual IP and any toon thats sold is intended from creation, and started on its own IP as well. From what i can see. Max got hit. They hit the IP's he's used - which being a VPN program alot of random people have been effected. You are right, DBG does not give a shit, but something lead them to that account in the end. I will post an update if need be but as of right now I can safely say they are not blanket banning accounts with no information set.

Were these transferred to fresh accounts or were you buying the account from an existing user who decided to give up the original account?

For those that feel there hasnt been any warnings on this website, you need to venture out past "the bazaar" section and you might have found:
https://www.redguides.com/forums/threads/58696-Your-account-has-been-banned

I also posted on max's thread letting people know. It's odd since I have accounts I've swapped ip's on but not changed any info on and they arent banned. What VPN did max use? I'm amazed people can still sell/buy accounts without being banned. I guess if you're giving them their own ip but I'd feel like you'd run out of VPN locations to sell to people =p

and as I said in the other post, if you petition and in anyway your banned accounts are linked to your new ones (trading krono, shared IP's, shared account information, same 2FA) then you risk them "investigating" and banning the rest.

It is pretty shitty that they arent really dealing with their customers and just saying nope banned, then removing your access to the petition site forcing you to make a new account w/ a new email (banned by email to support is a thing).

Based on the information out there it's not related to krono sales, it's all about the account info/original IP's it seems.

Also if you want other avenues to contact people this person posted a wealth of information:
I heard about this thread. Once you do 2 step verification your accounts are pretty much tainted and they will use it to ban all of them in the future. People getting wrongfully banned are probably getting it from Lead GM remdag (Max Oakson) and customer service manager Scott Dale. They have been headhunting people with a lot of krono recently and people arent getting appeals as stated in the help section. They have no problem false banning for "afk faming" with 10-30 second afk checks or no afk check at all. If you ask to be escalated to the person in charge they will ignore you and close/lock/say good luck in your future gaming endeavors. They have said in the past from their old community manager that all unused krono are a liability and they dont get paid from them until used :
https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ut-krono-resellers.206514/page-5#post-3033048
It benefits us in many ways to have the krono consumed, rather than banked, since we can't realize the revenue until they have been used for time. That being said we always knew that some people would play the market and buy and resell krono for excess plat. That's allowable, and so are the market shenanigans that result. As long as everyone is adhering to the Terms of Service.
Piestro, Jan 13, 2014

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ut-krono-resellers.206514/page-5#post-3033094
We've talked about this a few times, but that's trading one accounting issue for the same accounting issue. Until the SC is spent it's on our books as a liability and has the same issue with realized revenue. Gifting is a more likely possibility than tradable SC. That's still all speculation however.
Piestro, Jan 13, 2014

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ease-and-heres-why.203902/page-3#post-3000408
Kronos don't really make us money like that. If a Krono has been purchased but hasn't been consumed (granting the game time) we can't realize the money in our accounting department. As I understand it essentially the money exists but we can't really do anything with it or claim it as earnings. This seems dumb to me, but *shrug* accounting laws.
Piestro, Oct 3, 2013

As the phone number on everyones credit card statement is disconnected you dont have many options to report false bannings or fraud. Here are some of the options. If you or your friends were banned and you suspect fraud or other wrongdoing I would use these emails to report it.
These first 3 are the emails for the people in charge of the investment company that owns DBG.
[email protected] (Senior Managing Partner)
[email protected] (CEO)
[email protected]

Here is another avenue if you dont want to report wrongdoing. He works for DBG but has no problem ignoring you or giving fake answers/helping cover up fraud. He is most likely not what you are looking for. DBG VP of player XP :
[email protected]

They have no problems doing whatever they want at this time and seem to have no risk of getting fired/in trouble for their actions. Times have for sure changed. They just don't care about the customer base anymore and I wouldn't be surprised if it was a change in policy to get a lot of the liability off their books and take revenue for it. I know of over 1,000 krono being banned/stolen in the last 3 months. DBG as a team will do whatever they can to cover it up. With the columbus nova emails at least you will be heard even if nothing is done. Mailing roshen might help if you are buddy buddy with him but I dont see it working for 99% of people

There are also 3 Columbus Nova phone #s for their different offices.

Charlotte : 1.704.285.6500
NY : 1.212.418.9600
Dallas : 1.469.906.2176

They want people falsely banned to go away and not fight for what was stolen from them. I hope most EQ players falsely banned due to lying GMs or fraud don't disappear.

I sent Roshen a detailed message. I feel like My personal accts just because I’ve sold accounts in the past. All in all I lost 3 of my main accounts, and close to 100 krono. I don’t plan on playing anymore, and will flood them with chargebacks on all bags and DBC that I’ve purchased. If for no other reason than to be a nuisance. Remdag was the “lead GM” that hit me.

I'm trying to figure out how buying and selling of an account impacts DBG at all? They still get paid, so what's their angle? Same with banning for purchasing Krono, that Krono was purchased from them at some point so they already got their money. It just doesn't make sense.

if you think about it they are actually make more money with people selling accounts. A lot of times people purchase an account because they want to try something else but don't want to invest 100+ hours into it. That 100+ hours was the simple factor in why they hadn't tried it before but then for 50 bucks they feel its fine, so they go ahead and buy it. They pay for a name change, occasionally a race and sex change. They go further put it on a fresh account, now they keep a second account subbed. All that money adds up very quickly. DB as a company is really shooting themselves in the foot with this one. I think their major problem is going to be that the remaining people that play this game have played this game for a long long time and Everquest isn't attracting new gamers. Them banning people over something so petty, which I understand is breaking ToS but give me a break... DB thinning their subs is an awful idea being they will never gain them back. Banning people for RMT period makes the krono value go down. Krono makes DB money. Money = Business. No money = No business. Pretty simple I think. Games that have no RMT value die.

Banning people for RMT period makes the krono value go down. Krono makes DB money. Money = Business. No money = No business. Pretty simple I think. Games that have no RMT value die.

This is something I've wondered about for a while, they obviously don't have the biggest population when it comes to Everquest, also they do have a few other games making them decent money...H1Z1 comes to mind, but why would they want to ban and reduce their playerbase? This makes no sense from a business standpoint, it really doesn't.

I have a tinfoil theory...as an accountant, they?ve stated before that that ?don?t make as much money? as we think they do on kronos. Any unspent kronos cannot be recognized as revenue.

That being said, a perma banned account with multitudes of kronos that go poof with the account absolutely can cause those kronos to manifest revenues, this padding their income statements.

All they needed was to be able to find just cause. Any sort of break in their EULA.

So why didn?t they do this before? It began with Phinigel, and now Agnarr; the amount of kronos that remain banked and circulated has gone up to unprecedented rates. Infusion of a TON of returning/new players wanting to purchase kronos to buy up all the loot that farmers acquire, then eventually quitting creates a surplus of kronos unspent.

Someone high up must have only figured it out late or planned for a long time that this accounting strategy to ramp up numbers (just in time to start closing books for this fiscal year) would make their property look great this year and perhaps prepare for the sale of dbg. But that gets a little too deep end.

Regardless, they didn?t care before because the unspent to spent krono ratio must have been more stable during phinigel, before Agnarr...and now that a lot of the krono-rush of fresh servers is done, they gotta somehow get that revenue.

But that?s just my theory...if you don?t hear from me, it?s because Holly fed me polonium tea

I have a tinfoil theory...as an accountant, they?ve stated before that that ?don?t make as much money? as we think they do on kronos. Any unspent kronos cannot be recognized as revenue.

That being said, a perma banned account with multitudes of kronos that go poof with the account absolutely can cause those kronos to manifest revenues, this padding their income statements.

All they needed was to be able to find just cause. Any sort of break in their EULA.

So why didn?t they do this before? It began with Phinigel, and now Agnarr; the amount of kronos that remain banked and circulated has gone up to unprecedented rates. Infusion of a TON of returning/new players wanting to purchase kronos to buy up all the loot that farmers acquire, then eventually quitting creates a surplus of kronos unspent.

Someone high up must have only figured it out late or planned for a long time that this accounting strategy to ramp up numbers (just in time to start closing books for this fiscal year) would make their property look great this year and perhaps prepare for the sale of dbg. But that gets a little too deep end.

Regardless, they didn?t care before because the unspent to spent krono ratio must have been more stable during phinigel, before Agnarr...and now that a lot of the krono-rush of fresh servers is done, they gotta somehow get that revenue.

But that?s just my theory...if you don?t hear from me, it?s because Holly fed me polonium tea

That makes sense, but it's only going to look pretty on paper for so long

I posted a similar although anger fueled and not so eloquent version of this on another banned thread. Since a krono is actually a $$ value item because it pays for a subscription or a service it should not be able to be seized and spent by them. Their argument would be that they own the digital copy of that krono, true, but they do not own the ability to spend it. Unless the rules allow them to "destroy" all items associated with the account that broke the EULA and therefore the destruction of the krono goes on the books as "spent" or consumed.

The first thing I sent when i was banned was a ticket confirming that they have canceled and removed my CC info from the banned accounts. They responded that any banned or suspended account has its reoccurring charges immediately stopped. Well that action means they know they can not use my $$ anymore to pay for something i dont get a benefit from.

I had 50k in plat on agnar from legitimate farming, Curse you frenzy, and i know i have no right to that digital currency however the krono i had (only 2 so i dont care) did have a value of whatever the store sells it for. I would argue that there is a case for seizure of personal assets because that krono has sellback value (subscription) unlike bags and potions which you can never get a real money trade back for. Whatever their fubar accounting is doesnt matter to me, its my choice to hold 100 krono and keep that off their books as long as i want to. Ive already paid my real money for it, not my fault they have to wait to realize it on the bottom line.

Im not a lawyer and really dont give a shit because this happened a month before my vacation and i could use some cardio work before the beach but i would be all for making these guys a little uncomfortable in their digital palaces they think they live.

Lol sorry for the grammar and typos. I’m on my phone and it sucks ass for typing

- - - Updated - - -

I posted a similar although anger fueled and not so eloquent version of this on another banned thread. Since a krono is actually a $$ value item because it pays for a subscription or a service it should not be able to be seized and spent by them. Their argument would be that they own the digital copy of that krono, true, but they do not own the ability to spend it. Unless the rules allow them to "destroy" all items associated with the account that broke the EULA and therefore the destruction of the krono goes on the books as "spent" or consumed.

The first thing I sent when i was banned was a ticket confirming that they have canceled and removed my CC info from the banned accounts. They responded that any banned or suspended account has its reoccurring charges immediately stopped. Well that action means they know they can not use my $$ anymore to pay for something i dont get a benefit from.

I had 50k in plat on agnar from legitimate farming, Curse you frenzy, and i know i have no right to that digital currency however the krono i had (only 2 so i dont care) did have a value of whatever the store sells it for. I would argue that there is a case for seizure of personal assets because that krono has sellback value (subscription) unlike bags and potions which you can never get a real money trade back for. Whatever their fubar accounting is doesnt matter to me, its my choice to hold 100 krono and keep that off their books as long as i want to. Ive already paid my real money for it, not my fault they have to wait to realize it on the bottom line.

Im not a lawyer and really dont give a shit because this happened a month before my vacation and i could use some cardio work before the beach but i would be all for making these guys a little uncomfortable in their digital palaces they think they live.

Unfortunately, any case would be thrown out...we all know that whether we care to admit it or not, I have yet to find anyone that wasn’t banned for buying an account. What I’d be curious to find out is how dbg figures that out versus people who simply moved toons they created around on accounts.

The change of IP address isn’t enough to corroborate a ban considering people move hoses all the time.

There had to have been cross referencing threads in this forum with accounts suspected of being said account. Or a mole hah

Everquest gets boring AF after a while anyway. This is just a blessing in disguise for me I have come to realize. There are better MMOs out there that dont require 12 hours of camping goblins for a piece of a quest. My only regret was trying to play this game in the first place. I had fun raiding again for a while but DBG doesn't value its customers and it will come to bite them in the ass in the long run. This GM will be out of a job sooner or later. The krono theory is good and all but I had zero krono on my accounts so they didn't make a dime off me personally. I paid for my subs in Krono that I farmed in the Seb crypt. If there is anything I can take from this is I didnt lose my money to them

People who have purchased accounts from me recently have confirmed that they have had no issue. They set SQA and set email. That was it. No CC, no 2FA. So it is something related to CC and or 2FA and some accounts being or not being tied together.

Im glad to hear that hustlin123 and hope it continues that way. The only thing i can say is that since this has come in waves i hope the waves dont continue on to the rest of the good reputable guys like you.

Seems like a crappy move when i had 6 monthly subs to them and now i canceled all that weren't banned just to keep my money.

Hustlin123 you are definitely right.. Some of my buyers and friends were at around 90 days of owning the account when they got hit.

I'm about to check some accounts that have toons transferred to them from purchased accounts... But regardless if they are banned or not I want to be on record for saying the following.

If there is any angle that DBG is playing, it's that they know damn well that when I change the name, email, add authentication to a new phone, then immediately buy 2500dbg points and transfer that character to a new account; I purchased that source account.

But they let me do it anyway, they don't even question it. I put in a ticket and ~24 hours later they transfer it. No Questions.

So perhaps if they were concerned with protecting anyone they would maybe require literally any information at all to transfer. You don't even have to have the same name- the fact you can make an account without any identifiable information is, to me, grounds enough to support that they want people to buy and sell their accounts. They ban them and more accounts are made, bought/sold, more xfers and bag purchases etc...

Anyway... just wanted to put that.

Note: None of my accounts were/are banned currently. I don't know what sets these apart... I do pay for both of them using a CC and have had them for at least 8 years each, probably longer according to entitlements.

3/4 of the bans are from a powerlevel service that got hit amongst whatever DBG is doing on their end. Id stick to notable sellers who stand behind what they offer instead of risky account sellers as well. They have no idea what precautions to take to provide safety.

I can 100% confirm I had 3 accounts banned. All purchased as Blanks. 1 Enchanter account named Breezyy was purchased from this site from a "reputable blank account seller" None of them ever purchased a krono, plat, 3rd party software, VPN was never used.. nothing. FFS the enchanter literally just followed behind my group casting clarity and haste.

They're tracking IP Addresses on Blank Account Logins. It's that simple. There's no other way they can "confirm" I am not the "original owner" otherwise.

Like I said.. they're tracking them now, and you can bet your ass these wont be the last they ban. I for one am not giving them another dime. Once my krono I have banked is used up or sold, Im walking away.

- - - Updated - - -

Update - Yeah, what I said originally stands.. and the guy who replied to me confirms it. He said it himself "if you DIG AROUND" you'll find it..

Dig around?!?! It should be a GIANT POST stickied to the top of EVERY forum. ESPECIALLY the Bazaar Forums.. where people.. ya know.. buy and sell blank accounts?!?

Common Sense.. it's not so common anymore.

they are getting more and more shady.

as mentioned earlier in the thread, they do not 'earn' the money from krono until it is consumed, until then its just sitting in a holding account. im willing to bet that once an account is banned with krono on it they write them off and collect the money from the holding account.

now what strikes me as shady is that we know we do not own our eq accts. DBG owns them, that point has been hammered home for years across all MMOs... so we are paying for a service? tell me any other service provider in a 1st world country that can get away with not providing refunds for accounts that are in credit, which is essentially what krono is... cash in their bank account that they arent really allowed to spend until its used.

even if a ISP cuts your service they will still refund any credit that you have on your account for whatever reason.

eh, just my thoughts.

Once my accounts were banned, I charge backed on DBG via Paypal ( I purchased DBG Cash) and got my cash back twice. AND I told Oakson and his boss to go fuck themselves. Joyous...

they are getting more and more shady.

as mentioned earlier in the thread, they do not 'earn' the money from krono until it is consumed, until then its just sitting in a holding account. im willing to bet that once an account is banned with krono on it they write them off and collect the money from the holding account.

now what strikes me as shady is that we know we do not own our eq accts. DBG owns them, that point has been hammered home for years across all MMOs... so we are paying for a service? tell me any other service provider in a 1st world country that can get away with not providing refunds for accounts that are in credit, which is essentially what krono is... cash in their bank account that they arent really allowed to spend until its used.

even if a ISP cuts your service they will still refund any credit that you have on your account for whatever reason.

eh, just my thoughts.

+1

lol anyone have any lawyer friends?

Yeah I currently have 10 purchases escalated with PayPal. I mean it doesn’t cover the krono, but it will bring me some joy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back