• You've discovered EC Tunnel 💵🫱🏻‍🫲🏾 a marketplace for EverQuest players, not farmers or dealers. This site is ad-free and there are no selling fees, because we're 100% funded by our awesome community 😇 If you're looking to buy someone's beloved main character 🧙‍♂️ you'll find it here. Join up and say hello! 👋

Discussion Back to Business - An Update (1 Viewer)

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
So about, what, 11 weeks ago I had posted a thread here about all of my accounts getting banned. At the time it seemed like an actual loss, and I was not remotely enthusiastic about starting over. Some folks PM'd me and offered assistance if I wanted to start up on a different server (I really appreciated that), others blasted me basically telling me not to come back (not so much appreciated). Overall, that experience and those few days were pretty interesting. It was also Christmas, so there's that too.

Well, I did decide to start over and at this point I am basically back to right where I was. I've learned a lot in the process and I am a better botter because of it. The interesting thing to me, though, is how it actually felt. I find it intriguing how attached I had become to having EQ characters playing themselves in the background while I was doing other things. How much I enjoy walking into my room after getting home and seeing my guys still farming away. Sure, the times I find them at their bind points when I first get home, yeah, that's not particularly enjoyable. But it makes the other times that much better. It's a weird addiction, maybe. I don't even really like this game. I think it's really boring, honestly. But that feeling when my computer is chugging on loading that 18th client...I dunno...it's like I've found a whole new way to play video games.

Anyway, in order to ensure i get to keep these feelings alive, I have had to create even more accounts than I originally had. So I actually have gotten back a bit more than what I lost, as I have guys that are maxed out just sitting offline in the event I get another sweeping set of bans. I refuse to go away.

Those that offered support were right. It really wasn't that big of a deal to get going again. Took less than 3 months, and it reallly should have taken half of that. If I had to start over again I could get back up to where I am at now in even less time. So perhaps I should thank the vigilantes for making me better at what I do?

"Thanks" for this post, gave me a bit of ...stress relief. I just got into botting with MQ2 about a month ago and to be honest I have been stressing potential bans every step of the way. I feel a little relieved knowing it does not have to be an end all.

Lets not do that here regardless how either party feels, we have a sub for Rants and Flames.

Regardless of my opinion, dude was a self avowed jerk who got banned because of his own malfeasance.
My only point is just be better this time around, and I don't think that's a flame. I dont know this person.

Regardless of my opinion, dude was a self avowed jerk who got banned because of his own malfeasance.
My only point is just be better this time around, and I don't think that's a flame. I dont know this person.

Well it is only my opinion, but you could of been nicer about expressing your opinion.

I guess if someone called me a
stupid/a jerk
I might take offense to that and not knowing someone doesn't sound like a good reason to justify it.

/movealong

Nah, your fine bud, welcome back and SO happy you have recovered, stronger too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back